the media is completly out of hand....(the dc sniper case and things of that nature)

boogie hands

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by boogie hands

so far i havent found any source of clean, reliable news (national public radio is about as close as it get which unfortunatly i dont get a chance to listen to that often) so im basically stuck watching this garbage and picking through it to find the credible information that they base all the sensationalism around.....

i listen to NPR at work... and i think most people are stuck in the same scenario

Originally posted by --zeSto--

items stolen from a Michael Moore Interview I saw last weekend.

(just points to ponder)

-The rate of violent crimes in America is at it's lowest point in 3 years,

but the ammount of News Coverage is up 600% over the same time span.

-Child abductions is at a 5 year low, but that's all the news media covered during the summer.

And that simply creates a sence of fear where it doesn't need to be.

now for a zesto perspective....

So who does this affect most?

The bored house wives who first started watching CNN during the OJ trial

and trust that as the definative news source. People who dont actually want

to know about the news, they just rely on it as sensational entertainment.

and my big one....

How many hours of American news coverage has gone towards the sniper?

Tousands? Tens of Thousands? All over 20 deaths.

Well what about that little Aids crisis in Affrica? 20 million deaths, and no breaking headlines on CNN.

uhm, the answer to the michael moore part is: sensationalism! and it sells! going back to anthrax, more people die from the common cold in a year then all the anthrax...

who does it effect the most? the masses. i dont know how much is they dont want to know the truth vs. like people who want to know, but again, choices for legitimate, non-biased news are limited.

and for the bigone, again, not as sensational. we are desensitized to it, and most important? it's not happening in the US (at least not in as epidemic proportions).

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest angry xbox

hmmmmm

well i dont care much really for what that media says. The sad truth is most of that big media works off of ratings and dont give a fuck about thier content. I watched larry king live last night and the had that scumbag John Walsh on. That fool was going off about how this sniper guy was narcasistic(?). Whoooooo what is wrong with that guy, he was like we should inflame this guy and not worry about angering him... This guy jus threatened to kill some children and john walsh wants to get on national TV and talk shit to this nutcase!!

Real smart, anyhow fuck the media they are all about three things

1. entertainment industry

2. Exploiting crime industry

3. Monetary dwellings

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by Tesseract

Dusty for president

...drop a line someday dude

good god, i would be pres, but i am too busy...

i'll holla

hope all is well in utopia

:crazy:

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Dusty Lipschitz

good god, i would be pres, but i am too busy...

i'll holla

hope all is well in utopia

:crazy:

Utopia looks good, we're running out of ambrosia but i told that fucker Zeus to deliver.

holler

i have read that some experts on the sniper case believe that the media frenzy surrounding all this actually encouraged the guy because he was getting what he wanted: attention

the 9/11 roundtheclockinyourfacecoverage was fucking ridicul;ous

after a while i felt like i would never turn on the tv or radio or read a newspaper again

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by !@#$%

i have read that some experts on the sniper case believe that the media frenzy surrounding all this actually encouraged the guy because he was getting what he wanted: attention

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/news/l...cal/4348677.htm [/b]

the 9/11 roundtheclockinyourfacecoverage was fucking ridicul;ous

after a while i felt like i would never turn on the tv or radio or read a newspaper again

i think it was necessary for the first few days, then it was exploited and beat to a pulp

Guest --zeSto--

here's a deep zesto-point to ponder...

In the Bronze Age, the sword ruled over the people.

In the Industrial Age, the masses were slaves to Industry.

So what would that lead us to believe about the information age?

one could also argue that this is the technological age

either way, it'll be the death of us all..

only a moron would miss the fact that the sniper adjusts according to the news..

moose says 'kids are safe'

the next day a kid is shot

moose says 'we're bringin in the governement spy planes'

nothing pops off for five days, and when it does, he breaks his familiar pattern

another thing about the media and their involvement in every detail of sensational crime

is that it makes it extremely difficult to present people with a so-called 'fair and unbiased jury' once they actually go to trial

i mean jesus h christ..

is there a single intelligent person capable of serving on a jury who has not heard anything about this shit on the media???

remember when the little van dam girl was kidnapped from her home in the middle of the night?

the guy was eventually found guiltyt and his lawyers tried to use the media saturation as a cause for mistrial because the jury wasn't sequestered...

a killer of a 7 year old might have gone free because of all the attention the media gave the case...

it is just a what-if now

but it'll happen eventually...

the media will get in the way of an unbiased verdict..

how would the simpson trial have come out if there was little to no coverage of the trial and the verdict??

why did the prosecuters and lawyers and judges get fucking famous off of an abused wife's violent death??

fucking sad.

Guest angry xbox

here's a deep zesto-point to ponder...

In the Bronze Age, the sword ruled over the people.

In the Industrial Age, the masses were slaves to Industry.

So what would that lead us to believe about the information age?

psychoterrorism

and mind control from monetary worshipping tyrants

I can't believe I haven't gotten in on this yet. I despise the media.

Boundaries for the media? Whilst that could be perceived as a good idea and something that would help Americans be "safe"...I am personally against any and all censorship. With that said, I agree about certain situations. The media in the past 3 decades hasn't really progressed at all. If anything they have degressed. In the past, the media actually used the common sense that they had and didn't report facts that could hamper investigations, aid criminals etc. etc. More and more criminals are getting a heads up by tuning in to local and national news. I remember hearing about some guy on America's Most Wanted. He saw himself on tv, someone phoned in a tip around the sametime the guy grabbed his keys and bailed out of his apartment. The cops showed up something like 15 minutes later. His tv was still on tuned to America's Most Wanted. Sadam used to watch CNN to find out what we were doing during the Gulf War. Of course you also have the government manipulation of the media during the Gulf War. You would think that this would have aroused suspicion in other forms of media manipulation via the government, but since it was used against Sadam...most people didn't think twice. Getting a little off subject, back to the media. It seems to me that the "news" as they call it has become more sensationalist and opinion based. It is programming, and unfortunately advertising rules. One of the things that really disgusts me is the "branding" the media is doing. Not only are they giving names to certain killers, or events...they are copyrighting them, so no one else can use them.

Guest --zeSto--

^ dont forget the classic JFK media relations case.

every single reporter who worked anywhere near DC or Hollywood

knew that President Kennedy was sleeping with Marilyn Monroe (on so was his little bro Bobby)

But it never really came out in the media. Why ?

Because it would disrupt the nation and hurt people's faith in the presidency.

so when did it all go wrong? I can say... but it most certainly has!

Guest angry xbox

like i said mayne psychoterrorism

man they shove this shit down our throats with this 24/7 media coverage, at least i have enough sense to laugh at it and look past it.

thats really what you gotta learn to do, oh yeah and kikc SECRETS ass to the curb.(yeah i really hate her)

if people didnt stuff their face on cnn like it was a fucking big mac then they would have to shift their platform.......end of story.....no consumer=no product

by the way i am a media addict....i should be sitting with chris mathews during hardball, or smacking bill oreilly nonsensical rhetorical apple to oranges crank ass......simmering down for a sunday chat with the man, timmy russart.....

"no bill you stupid fuck, you are fucking wrong" BLAMMO!!

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

another thing about the media and their involvement in every detail of sensational crime

is that it makes it extremely difficult to present people with a so-called 'fair and unbiased jury' once they actually go to trial

i mean jesus h christ..

is there a single intelligent person capable of serving on a jury who has not heard anything about this shit on the media???

you really think it will end in a trial?

so when did it all go wrong? I can say... but it most certainly has!

i would venture a guess that it began when the washington post and newsweek editor broke the watergate story..

i've read some of the history of how all that unfolded

and one of the things katherine graham was worried about was breaking such an important story before any type of law enforcement or government officials knew about it..

they considered that there would be a smearing of the president's reputation and they weren't sure if it was worth it..

i think 'getting the scoop' gained importance exponentially at that time in journalism...and it's been all downhill from there..

and the public sometimes is no better..

remember the rodney king shit..

some people were shocked that the person continued to film rather then try to do anything at all to help the person

...and i'm sure there's a million more examples of this

Originally posted by Dusty Lipschitz

you really think it will end in a trial?

no hell no

i don't think this one is going to be taken alive..

honestly i'm starting to wonder if he'll be caught at all..

but it's hypothetical.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

when they took those guys down at the gas station on monday, i was surprised that there was no struggle, but alot of things in this dont add up. they say the handwriting on the tarot card is different from the letters he has left behind, and it just does not make sense that he is demanding money.

i cant wait for the movie...

Guest --zeSto--

I read in the paper yesterday that David Berkowitz (the Son of Sam)

was pleading to the sniper to stop killing innocent people.

anything to make another chapter in his soon-to-be-release book!

Guest angry xbox

I read in the paper yesterday that David Berkowitz (the Son of Sam)

was pleading to the sniper to stop killing innocent people.

anything to make another chapter in his soon-to-be-release book!

this is true he says this guy needs to stop. fuck it

about 40% of all known sniper style murders (long-range) are uinsolved..

i think it's about 200 known murders.

the sniper of nyc's penn station of 1983 was never caught

and they think they may know who zodiac was (but the guy is dead)

the person who wrote the book 'zodiac' just came out with another book

i think its about new info

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

and they think they may know who zodiac was (but the guy is dead)

the person who wrote the book 'zodiac' just came out with another book

i think its about new info

i watched something on the zodiac recently. as much (overwhelming)circumstantial evidence as they have against him, there is some pretty irrefutable evidence (such as DNA) clearing him.

i saw that too...with the one dude's son saying it might be his dad..

yeah, i'm just not sure if the suspects in that show were/are the same one that the author discusses in the book..

regardless, zodiac was prolly the baddest serial killer in u.s. history

Archived