Downtown Manhattan Amtrack

nawan

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Evol Dick

nice thread, i remember hitting that same tunnel back in 1990, walking through there i saw a whole lot of history....props to dis thread

whoah...was it painted as much back then ?

also i was wonering, is there built in lights down there, or do you have to bring your own light ?

Originally posted by ARCEL

whoah...was it painted as much back then ?

also i was wonering, is there built in lights down there, or do you have to bring your own light ?

not really as much as i am seeing in these flix, personally i have never gone back since then, now looks like there are a whole lot of writers hitting it. i never used a flashlight but whats funny is if you walk up towards uptown you'll bump into the mole people, those are homeless people who basically built aprtments and building like structures out of garbage to live in...its really amazing there is a whole community down in there

Originally posted by Evol Dick

not really as much as i am seeing in these flix, personally i have never gone back since then, now looks like there are a whole lot of writers hitting it. i never used a flashlight but whats funny is if you walk up towards uptown you'll bump into the mole people, those are homeless people who basically built aprtments and building like structures out of garbage to live in...its really amazing there is a whole community down in there

the bums that live down there now are not the same . the structures that were down there.. which were shot in "Dark Days" no longer exist. Im pretty sure they explained that in the movie. theres still bums.. and hemphrodite crackhead hookers looking for tricks..

but its not for tourists.. stick to taking flics downtown.

^ The Transit Cops gut the place out. Alot of the Homeless will straggle down there to keep warm in the afternoon, but by the time night comes they get trespassing charges and get brought to the station. I recommed to those who are intrested in books like the mole people and grand central winter, defienlty read LIVING AT THE EDGE OF THE WORLD: A TEENAGER"S SURVIVAL in the Tunnels OF GRAND CENTRAL STATION. BY TINA S. and Jamie Pastor Bolnick. This book is a first hand account of a drug addicted teenager living deep in the tunnels of grand central.

freedom.s

i remember in national geographic a while back an article about the grand central tunnels.

in the background of one flic they show Goya's "fifth of may" (i think im not the queens tits when it comes to art history) done by smith and sane for bernard.

ive always assumed that was somewhere in the freedoms also but i have yet to find it. ethreadz you know anything about this?

its a shame because in the past 4 years or so some of the older stuff in those tunnels has been getting gone over..unfortunately that is just the nature of things and nothings permanent i really wish that wasnt true.

its really a shame.

Originally posted by Al Green

the bums that live down there now are not the same . the structures that were down there.. which were shot in "Dark Days" no longer exist. Im pretty sure they explained that in the movie. theres still bums.. and hemphrodite crackhead hookers looking for tricks..

but its not for tourists.. stick to taking flics downtown.

i saw dark days... does anyone have a flick of the superman-looking character that is saying something about moles in a speech bubble ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Taboo TM7

OLD SKOOL AT NOON

its amazing that TABOO joint with the mushroom is still running. One of my best characters i think. KRYLON & ROLA-KOTE 1995!!!!!!!!

Archived