SURVIVAL LIFE SKILLS 101

KaBar

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: ScHool TeaChers..

Originally posted by D!M$ uNo FDC

herE in the Miami PuBlic schools teachers are fukin stupid, they just stand there and read out of the same fukin book you have then you just take a test that they have all the answers to in a teachers edition <~WTF....make it your own stride to learn shit...I got 80% or more education str8 off the street..and then in community college, the fukin advisors don't even know what the fuk they are doing!...school system is a bust!...Go out and learn shit yourself str8 up!

i always felt that public schools weren't really about the cirriculum but more as a way to learn how to manipulate the system...

If caught in a fire with a fire extinguisher, do not try and fight the source of the fire. You should use the extinguisher to clear an exit path for yourself, as this is what it is made for.

If you are in a helicopter which is crash-landing over water, when you adopt the brace position, hold onto something so that your arm is pointing in the direction of the emergency exit. That way, when the chopper hits the water and flips upside down (it is top heavy), you will know which direction to head for, rather than being dis-orientated.

If caught in an earthquake and buried under rubble, stay calm. Whatever you do, DO NOT FREAK OUT. Try and find an escape route once you are sure you are nice and calm. If you are stuck, your best bet is to conserve energy, shouting periodically. You can also try making noise by banging metal on metal, to attract attention.

Just a few tips I've picked up over the years, from health and safety courses, to Royal Air Force assessments and the like.

Keep hydrated.

If you feel thirsty, you are already at least 10% dehydrated.

Your body needs water to function properly. The average adult male should be looking to drink around 2litres of water per day. Add more if you are exercising and sweating heavily.

By keeping yourself hydrated, you will feel "more alive", be able to think clearer and be generally healthier.

When money knocks on your door...why sit on it...I have found myself being the lazyest motherfucker when it comes to making money...i have plenty of chances to do it...and i sit and think about doin it later...if you want money you should think in the now...dont sleep on propositions. Dont sleep on the chance to eat and live comfortably.

Originally posted by IntangibleFame

When money knocks on your door...why sit on it...I have found myself being the lazyest motherfucker when it comes to making money...i have plenty of chances to do it...and i sit and think about doin it later...if you want money you should think in the now...dont sleep on propositions. Dont sleep on the chance to eat and live comfortably.

^^This man knows what he is talking about.

If you've got an idea, pounce on it. No-one made money by sitting on their arses thinking.

You can have 20,000 amazing ideas, but if you never try them out you'll never know.

You can have 10 so-so ideas, try all of them, fail the first 9 times then on your last go hit it big!

Perseverance is the key - if you fail, keep trying till you succeed. That goes for everything in life...

Develop a LOVE for whatever you are doing. Love is a great motivating factor. If you love something, you will put your heart, your soul, your whole being into succeeding.

Originally posted by freeque

Keep hydrated.

If you feel thirsty, you are already at least 10% dehydrated.

Your body needs water to function properly. The average adult male should be looking to drink around 2litres of water per day. Add more if you are exercising and sweating heavily.

By keeping yourself hydrated, you will feel "more alive", be able to think clearer and be generally healthier.

I never really excercise and all I drink is soda, fuck water :yuck:

Oh well..

Originally posted by Crimsøn

I never really excercise and all I drink is soda, fuck water :yuck:

Oh well..

Don't forget to brush your teeth, in that case!

Seriously though, try drinking water instead of Coke for a week and see if you can feel any difference.

Take special care to rehydrate yourself before painting - drink plenty and eat a lot too. This is supposed to reduce your body's take-up of toxins in the paint. Check out Iz the Wiz on his Stylewars DVD Disc 2 interview - he says he would give back all those experiences, all the missions, all the wholecars, just to have his health back.

But then again, it'll never happen to YOU will it...

Don't procrastinate - that means don't put off what you could and should be doing right now!

I'm procrastinating at the minute. I can't help it :o

When it comes to school, grab everything you can. I'm not talking about other kids's dinner money, I'm talking about the extra-curricular activities, the knowledge, the experiences, the friends.

If you're in school chances are you think it's shit. Trust me when I tell you that you ain't seen nothing yet! Wait till you have to get a job...

You make your own fun in life. Instead of rebelling, just try and get involved. Do your bit for the school and take as much as you can from it. You'll find that you might start enjoying yourself.

Noone likes doing homework (I never bothered), but if you don't want to be asking me if I want fries with my big-mac meal, for the rest of your life, you've got to pass those exams.

Especially in the UK, where more and more people are getting university degrees. You've just GOT to get out there and do those exams.

The way I see it is that you've got all the school work, and that's the shit part of education. If your school is half decent, though, there should be a whole next level of activities that you can get involved in. Just look around, see what's on offer.

And when it comes to choosing your subjects, make sure you choose something that you will ENJOY studying. That way you will have a love for what you do and you won't be doing what I am right now - avoiding doing any work for my degree.

But this doesn't apply to YOU, does it? I mean, you're gonna win the lottery soon, right?

Never fully trust anyone. Friendships can be lost in the blink of an eye and things can get said in the heat of the moment that can never be un-said.

Do not mix business with friends. To paraphrase Biggie Smalls, money and friends don't mix, like two dicks and no bitch, find yourself in serious shit.

If you do go into business with friends, make sure you are prepared to lose all your money. If you are not, then make sure you are prepared to lose a friend.

the great way is not difficult.

for those who do not pick and choose

when love and hate do not interfere

everything is clear as it is.

when a slight distinction is made,

then earth and heaven far apart.

if you would clearly to see the truth in front of you

just drop opinions of pro and con.

when like and dislike come to play

that is nothing but the mind's disease.

And not seeing the deep Truth inside

it is in vain to ponder of purifying your mind.

The Great Way is perfect and like empty space,

none is lack and none is extra in there.

Because of grasping and releasing,

your seeing into the simple truth is prevente.

Do not cling to outside objects

Nor cling to emptiness inside.

Just let your mind be calm and clear itself

then your perverted views by themselves will go.

When your attempt to stop your mind's movement

you will find more movements of it.

If you still keep your views of duality

you will never know of unity.

And not knowing the unity

you get lost in d uality.

when you insist that things are real

you miss their true reality.

when you insist that things are unreal

you also miss their true reality.

the more you talk and think of this

the further you are from the truth.

when useless thoughts and words are cut off,

there will be nowhere you cannot go through.

when you are at the root itself,

you'll know the meaning of all things.

if you run after appearances

you miss the primal source.

at the moment of awakening

both emptiness and form are left behind.

all changes inside and outside of you

seem real because of your false views.

you do not need to search for truth,

just let your all perverted views go.

do not abide in views of duality

and do not search at all for it.

if there is a trace of "right" or "wrong"

the true mind is immediately lost.

duality comes from one -mind,

but do not cling to the one.

when this one mind gives no arising

then nothing in the world goes against.

and when nothing goes astray,

then no obstructions will arise in mind

when thoughts and the objects no longer exist

the known will fall away with the knower.

the Great way is limitless,

without ease, without hard.

but those who hold to narrow views

are in doubt and worry.

thats why they're still behind in the back.

if you are clinging to anything

you surely will fall into wrong path.

just let go of clinging mind

then all things will fall in their right places.

in essence nothing goes or stays.

Don't procrastinate - that means don't put off what you could and should be doing right now!

I'm procrastinating at the minute. I can't help it

When it comes to school, grab everything you can. I'm not talking about other kids's dinner money, I'm talking about the extra-curricular activities, the knowledge, the experiences, the friends.

If you're in school chances are you think it's shit. Trust me when I tell you that you ain't seen nothing yet! Wait till you have to get a job...

You make your own fun in life. Instead of rebelling, just try and get involved. Do your bit for the school and take as much as you can from it. You'll find that you might start enjoying yourself.

Noone likes doing homework (I never bothered), but if you don't want to be asking me if I want fries with my big-mac meal, for the rest of your life, you've got to pass those exams.

Especially in the UK, where more and more people are getting university degrees. You've just GOT to get out there and do those exams.

The way I see it is that you've got all the school work, and that's the shit part of education. If your school is half decent, though, there should be a whole next level of activities that you can get involved in. Just look around, see what's on offer.

And when it comes to choosing your subjects, make sure you choose something that you will ENJOY studying. That way you will have a love for what you do and you won't be doing what I am right now - avoiding doing any work for my degree.

But this doesn't apply to YOU, does it? I mean, you're gonna win the lottery soon, right?

freeque I'm pleasantly surprised to see such a statement. I work with kids and believe me I see so many pissing their life away doing fuckall. I ask 'em what d'you think you'll be doing in a couple of years etc and 70% of the time I get 'dunno... don't care' >> same kids will regret it in a year when they find out life on the dole ain't pretty...

I'm no idealist, I understand that school don't appeal to some people but I try to recomend an apprentaship or some course to get a decent trade.... you can get ££££'s as a plumber, sparky, chippy etc.

Originally posted by Hanibul Smif

freeque I'm pleasantly surprised to see such a statement. I work with kids and believe me I see so many pissing their life away doing fuckall. I ask 'em what d'you think you'll be doing in a couple of years etc and 70% of the time I get 'dunno... don't care' >> same kids will regret it in a year when they find out life on the dole ain't pretty...

The problem is, how do you make them see that?

If you try to interfere, they will resent it and push you away.

Sometimes people need to learn from their own mistakes. But at the same time, it hurts to see someone you care deeply about fucking their life up.

It's one of those no-win situations.

Freeque - I normally say one of two things -

1 - where d'you want to be in 10 years time (ie what job, how much money, what they'd like to be able to afford.... then ask them how they gonna achieve it and make them give me a straight answer rather than 'rob someone' etc... It definately works on the more boarderline kids as a wake up call if no-one else (like parents) make them think about their future...

2 - on the harder kids I simply say that no matter how much you hate school its a scive compared to working a 9-5 (or longer) in some sweaty warehouse... Same goes for UNi which is twice the doss.

sounds cheesy but it works sometimes. I haven't been in the job for long though.

Archived