I AM GOING TO MURDER THE ENTIRE FUCKING UNIVERSE

Guest imported_El Mamerro

so what happened?

this may be an irrelevant idea or allready thought about but can you buy a new hd (cheap one, forty bucks..) put it in your comp, install it as your main hd transfer your data to the new one and ghost your old one? i did that with my pc once...im not really mac knowledgeable but i dunno...worth a shot?.....if that doesnt work i know a site thats got a lot of good software to download maybe it has some recovery stuff, thats compatible with macs..hit me up

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_Tesseract

Yo mamski!

what the fuck happened bro,

being in agony over someone elses data

is one of the weird things internet does:)

whats up?

Well, I tried it on at least 3 other Macs, no luck whatsoever. Utility software has done absolutely nothing either, so it's off to data recovery for me. If I can't find an inexpensive deal, it's back to square one then. Arghstyles. Beer,

El Mamerro

mammerro, i totally feel for you here. i unfortuneatly dont know shit bout technical computer shit, but i wish you all the best. however, have you tried calling up the computer company (or whoeva made whatever broke) and just simplify what happened (if that needs be) and see what they can do.

hit me back

Yes I did. They claim my directory is corrupted, but that's probably not the case cause DiskWarrior would've been able to do something about it. But it couldn't even access my drive, which means there's something even worse going on. Tried contacting em again, but its the weekend, so no luck. I'll try again tomorrow. Beer,

El Mamerro

i know, you could go for the other american approach to things when shit happens ---------------->

SUE THE FUCK OUTA EVERYONE CONNECTED TO THE PROBLEM - blame loss of earnings. try it

• 3 weeks later...

Update/Downdate.

So yeah.

I did find some help, and after a long few weeks of waiting, I received notice that all my data was recovered intact, and I almost crapped my pants in happiness. My life was back in track. I was told my drive would arrive by the end of last week.

Now I've lost contact with the person who did the data recovery. My e-mails aren't being answered, he's not going on AIM, and the phone number seems to be disconnected. I have a terrible, terrible feeling that I was scammed... I'm still giving it some hope and don't want to come to conclusions yet, but this situation is so incredibly serious to my future, I can't help but be paranoid about it. Not only do I not have the data, but I don't have the drive (which I could've had replaced by warranty), and I don't have the money to buy a new one, so I'm completely stranded with no way of getting this job done. I'm giving it a few more days before I completely lose hope, and write a long rambling thread about how my life has taken an intense dive this past month, and the lack of light at the end of this tunnel. So, if you're the guy with my drive, and you're reading this, please, for the love of God, contact me, and at least tell me if I should stop waiting. Beer,

El Mamerro

damn. give us his address and we can "take care of" this bastard if he jacks you.

i have yet to see the trailer.

if you have set up to play in a web page I can host it for you 24/7 no prob. i know you only made it availible at night.

i can give you your own ftp account if you want

Mamerro: There's a way (file) that you can put on a PC that will allow it to read Mac HD's. I'm not sure how helpful that could be, but maybe, if you put it in a PC, it wouldn't hang up on the same error that made it unreachable from your Mac OS. And you could coppy the file...... that's a big *maybe*.

Check here. Also here.

Guest me IS cool

And When you do get all you life back in harmony, upgrade or buy a new mac. I suggest buying the Jaguar for OSX 10.2 if you cannot buy it and still want the software after your done. Holla at me AIM style: bigfatcoyfish. Trust me OSX 10.2 never crashes I gurantee you that.:king:

Originally posted by El Mamerro

It's good though, I'm craving sympathy like a motherfuck right now, no shame whatsoever. At least go look at the trailer and tell me it's hot. It'd make my day, seriously. Beer,

El Mamerro

Your stuff is hot man

I used to read the FSS boards (I didn't post on them very much... only to contribute to music lists every once and a while) and see your shit up allllll the time

I was pretty floored when I recognized you on here too, but seriously I think your a wicked dancer, I've thought that for a while

I hope you get your stuff together

Originally posted by JohnnyHorton

Your stuff is hot man

I used to read the FSS boards (I didn't post on them very much... only to contribute to music lists every once and a while) and see your shit up allllll the time

I was pretty floored when I recognized you on here too, but seriously I think your a wicked dancer, I've thought that for a while

I hope you get your stuff together

Whoa, unexpected!!

Haha, are sure you've seen me dance? I suck pretty damn bad compared to the stuff out there right now... actually, I suck pretty bad period, but thanks!

Uncle-boy, I'm guessing you're not serious, but if you are, that would be the single illest thing anybody has ever done for me in my entire life...

Dirty, thanks for hooking up the link, but like I had said before, I dont wanna clog the bandwitdth of my courtesy hosts, so I wasn't gonna have it active during the day... I guess you found the "hidden" daytime location. So, download away, but I'm gonna turn it off in 20 minutes. If you got a speedy connection, you can see the trailer here, without having to download and unzip anything... you need a speedy connection, cause it's a Flash 6 movie and it has no preloader, just video, and it's 4 MB streaming right off the bat. Beer,

El Mamerro

Haha, shit I just noticed your other post offering the hosting... dude, it'd be awesome!! The zip file is still needed by people who can't stream 4 MB in 1 minute. so that they can download the whole thing and open afterwards. There's something weird with the zip file though, it makes you go through like 6 or 7 folders before you get to the files. After you do, just drag and drop the html file on your browser window and should be all bling.

Dirty, you didn't have to worry about it, but thanks. Beer,

El Mamerro

I just watched the clip for the first time and I got to say I can understand your frustration because the video looks like it's going to be sick. I wish I had a clue about MAC's, but I really don't. Best of luck on getting in touch with that fuckin' guy.

I agree with Pistol; gives us the address and we'll compose a '12oz terror-ninja squad' to break in and retreave the footage.

Do you accept any video submissions?

Thanks for the nice words, fr8otech...

Still no word from this guy. On a scale of 1 to 10, my hopes are around where 3 would be. This is really, really shitty. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest uncle-boy
Originally posted by El Mamerro

Uncle-boy, I'm guessing you're not serious, but if you are, that would be the single illest thing anybody has ever done for me in my entire life...

well how much money would you need?

i bet you could do some fund raising yourself. (selling your robots)

or maybe the 12oz family would help.:idea:

but if there is a way for us to throw a party and actually get people to pay i'd be down to help a brotha out. but that's a long shot.:o

hmmmmmmmm...ideas anyone?

Haha, the DPC fundraiser

I'd need $200 for a new Firewire hard drive. Hmmm... a 40-person party, at $5 a head, with a big poster of my face that says "Please help this special young man". You can come up with some bizarre mental malady that I could have that can be cured with $200... and show them another pictureof what I used to look like before. It'll get to their hearts. All I can offer in return is artwork... posters and paintings and whatnot... c'mon, it'd be ill as hell!!!

I wish I could turn to my parents for help, but those days are over... and even if they weren't, my family is in a very tough economic situation that I simply can't burden any further. Selling drugs for a quick minute doesn't sound like a bad idea right now. Beer,

El Mamerro

Originally posted by fr8oholic

you don't have anything to sell man? belongings wise?

I guess I can sell my stereo... but there goes all my audio for monitoring the video... and I was gonna use the money from selling that to afford my moving out to LA, which would happen sooner than the big money from the video came in. But still, I guess that's an option, and am very well considering it. Beer,

El Mamerro

Archived