I AM GOING TO MURDER THE ENTIRE FUCKING UNIVERSE

Guest imported_El Mamerro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest seno.oner

don't you have like a application recovery disk? well anyways here's the side of my computer from when it gets fucked up especially when it freezes while im typing term papers.....http://cartogra.com/rs/B5B73B39-E297-11D6-B42C-0090277A760E/screen'> http://cartogra.com/rs/B5B73B3A-E297-11D6-B42C-0090277A760E/screen'>

im bringing this computer out to a field and destroying it with a baseball bat when i get a new one.

"You agree that you will not export or reexport any of the software or confidential information received from Apple (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Serbia, Sudan, Syria, or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons, U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Denial Orders and Entities List, or the U.S. State Department's Debarred List. By downloading this software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons."

Geez, I just want to upgrade my OS, man...

Anybody got any tips on how to upgrade my OS to 9.1 without erasing my real hard drive or making my computer explode in a ball of blue-hot flame? It all seems fairly straightforward, but you know. My luck isn't great these days.

Anyways, Norton doesn't read the disk because as soon as I start the computer, I have to either eject or initialize the disk before I can do anything else. Initializing destroys all the data in it, and ejecting it, well, ejects it. So Norton doesn't see the drive as being there. I also have hard Disk Speed Tools, which came with the drive, which DOES read it and claims it has an "Invalid Volume Signature". Almost all the things I can do to it seem to involve erasing the data, so that's a no go. Thanks for the advice though. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest uncle-boy

sorry mamerro, i cant help here at all.:(

well its nice to see you put down the cyanide and picked up the beer!

altho i cant help with the technical problems you are having. but i can suggest one thing you can do when its fixed.(i'm confident things will be fine) .......

da-da-da-DANCE PARTY!:king:

Guest --zeSto--

^^ yeah!

put the norton cd into the drive then sellect that as you boot disk.

If that doesn't work... ??? (I'm looking into it)

Guest --zeSto--

I know that I'm a bit late in here... (but the promise of a robot !?!?! whoa!)

have you

-tried a different firewire port (it is firewire right?)

-maybe another drive though the same port.

-taken the suspect drive to another computer.

-booted with extensions off.

good luck my man!

Well... guess who has a burned copy of Norton!! Even though it's the full thing, including all the necessary system software, it doesn't let me pick it to be the boot disk.

I tried the Firewire thing too, no luck. My friend is bringing her G4 laptop tomorrow to try it out on that, we'll see what happens. And booting with extensions off really won't work, since the computer needs two particular FireWire (Enabler and support) extensions to even recognize the port. What the hell, I'll give it a whirl. Beer,

El Mamerro

dude i wish you the biggest of luck with that endevour ...hopefuly you get that shit to come out allright...i lost my entire harddrive this summer which sucked...(100 gigs) but its actually not as bad as your prob cause it was hardly anything i really worked on especially not something like your vid..

on a side note i cant see the trailer i wanna...is it working? is this that one you were talking bout maybe oputting it on dvd?

Guest --zeSto--

and zap the PRam !

I love saying that!

(but it wouldn't help here)

you best bet is data recovery.

See if Norton running on the G4book can acess the drive.

if no... seek prefessional help.

but dont worry too much... most likely only the indexing metadata got friend.

(that's just how to communiate with the drive) I think you media will be fine. :fingers:crossed:

Sympathy

Some fucked-up computer shit like this happened to me once.

There was never any comfortable resolution. I only ended up spending a lot of time really fucking PISSED.

The moral of the story: taking a fucking uzi into the corporate headquarters of whatever shithead company manufactured your computer and let them know what lead poisoning feels like from the inside. Then hunt down their families, distant relatives, friends and loose acquaintances, strip them all naked, crowd them into a dark room and spray industrial-strength etch bath at them through a fire-engine hose. When that's good and finished, take them somewhere else and individually crack all of their skulls open in a vice. And don't forget to laugh while they die.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

it cost the serk monster 2Gs to recover his apple work

thats a whole lotta beer $ to give up, but ya gotta do, what you gotta do...

^ I have $18.78 in my bank account. All roads point to no.

I finally got a hold of a tech, he said my directory has become corrupted, and recommended this stuff, which I've only heard great things about. Now who's got the hookup, or can get me the hookup? Big full color robot in return for it. Beer,

El Mamerro

Yeah, I thought about it... however the website doesn't offer a demo download or anything, and LimeWire is sucking at finding it as always. I do have SS though, at least. Beer,

El Mamerro/never giving up

Guest --zeSto--

the stuff is safely in the place (you know what i mean)

I wont be online this weekend, but I hope to hear good news from you next week!

Well, here's some more bad news:

I managed to get my hands on Disk Warrior, I read the manual and everything, I tried it out. My computer hung while rebuilding the directory, and fearing the worst, I had to restart it. Then I went and read the troubleshooting guide to see if that happens often by any chance, and lo and behold, it was on the list. The system hangs because of:

A) Corrupted drivers. I had reinstalled the software drivers a few hours ago, and updated the Mac Firewire drivers.

B) A SCSI noise problem. This isn't it cause my hard drive is Firewire. Nevertheless, I disconnected everything else besides the drive and tried it again. It hung.

C) Bad blocks on the disc. Only solution: Reformatting.

Shit ain't looking good folks. But zesto, thanks a lot, I'll give those programs a try. Hope you have a substantially better weekend than what mine is shaping up to be. Beer,

El Mamarro

Guest --zeSto--

just make sure to test it on the G4.

So the program can fix bad sectors? It seems alittle extreme to wipe a 120gbs over a bad data chunk.

There must be a disc first aid that can fix the disc without killing it.

But I guess if you cant even get it to mount, you cant check it for problems.

good luck... I'm not counting you out yet.

Guest --zeSto--

oh I'm hope so !! (and that your media comes back)

if it's any consolation... shit happens.

I lost a terrabyte once. It wasn't pretty!

We had tech help flown in from Quebec.

Some computer guru and he couldn't save us.

Luckily, most of the media was tape based (instead of imported),

it it got back in ok... but my project backups were not near as up-to-date

as they should have been.

oh that was heat!

Guest seno.oner

wait so the computer crasdhed and now it wont recognize the harddrives?... take them out and stick them in another mac(god i wish i had one)....if that doesn't work then keep updating me cuz im looking for a slution so i can get that hot ass robot

Archived