Acoustic Guitars.

DEE38

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest angry xbox

FENDER STRATOCASTER $100

IBANEZ is not cool

try PEAVY

aight

acoustic??

try gibson or carver the above are for electric

AND FIRST BITCHES!!!!!!1

Guest fr8lover

wow all you guys have no idea what youre talking about.

takamine is OK, but they are still below the belt for good acoustic guitars.

taylor guitars are pretty boss,

the ovation round bodys sound like you cant fuckin believe. acoustic-electric too, tuff stuff.

but the greatest acoustic guitars ever made are without a doubt MARTIN. you wont be able to find many for under a grand, and some go up to tens of thousands but those jawns are off the chain danglin.

cheap wise go look at used instrument shops and just play. grab one and just let loose on an open chord to hear how they sound, you want a nice deep sound with a lot of sustain.

fender makes some pretty decent acoustic guitars, i had a 3/4 size as my first guitar and i liked it a lot.

ive got a stratocaster now, which i love im looking into buying a gibson SG special (or the epiphone version if i cant afford it) or a jazzmaster...ive been drooling over those two since i was a youngin.

http://www.gibson.com/products/gibson/sg/img/sg61reis.jpg'>http://www.dennisroos.cistron.nl/jazzmaster%20200.jpg'>

Originally posted by fr8lover

wow all you guys have no idea what youre talking about.

but the greatest acoustic guitars ever made are without a doubt MARTIN. you wont be able to find many for under a grand, and some go up to tens of thousands but those jawns are off the chain danglin.

ive got a stratocaster now,

whatd i say?

ok, i might have spelled it wrong, but yea, MARTIN is the top notch acoustic guitar.

ive got a strat....theyre nice....but NOT acoustic. which was the point of all this.

i've got a 1956 martin my dad gave me that he got for free back in the 70's. the guy that gave it to him said the last thing he used it for was a paddle when his fell overboard. (fucker!!) it definitely looks like it's taken a beating, but sounds like you wouldn't believe. amazing. i've also got a gibson SG standard.. black though. and a squire strat but fuck that cheap fuck.

i've heard good stuff about taylors and you absolutely can't go wrong with martin. my advice to you is to wait a little longer, save up more money, and get a nice, higher-end acoustic like a martin. the reasoning behind this is that you say you're a beginner. if you go out and get a very nice acoustic, this saves you the trouble of getting that nice acoustic a year from now or however long it is before you get better and demand a better quality guitar than the cheap piece of shit you learned on. if you play for a year or so and decide guitar isn't your thing... martin and other high end acoustics = good resale value. the squire strat i mentioned earlier was my first electric guitar, which i got cause it was cheap as dirt, like 150 or something. about a year later i got tired of the shotty electronics and its inability to stay in tune very long (a problem with many cheap instruments, so watch out).. so i ended up getting the SG. what that comes down to is spending $150 more than i really had to, just so i can have a bunk ass guitar lying around that i don't care to play and can't sell cause it's so shitty.

and yeah, like whoever already mentioned... check out pawn shops and used sections in other music stores for cheaper-than-normal higher end guitars. just some stuff to chew on while shopping around.

I got a Saehan or something to that nature. Its a nice acoustic tho', got it from my uncle. It appears to be custom made aswell but im not sure. I love it though. Very nice gitfiddle. I'd suggest looking into any basic acoustic if your beginning, but I'd start off with something with a smaller fretboard.

Do not get a classical, although they are nice, the fretboard is HUGE which will hinder you unless you have fat fingers, or a basic knowledge of chords. Atleast it hindered me, I prefer my acoustic over my schools classicals any day becuase its easier for me to switch up chords and slide without the fretboard edge wanting toi slice my palms open.

Archived