first times out

scienxe

so here is the results of what are basically my first 2 times out....

the throwie

http://members.aol.com/xdiss3nt/images/throwie.jpg'>

dexter

http://members.aol.com/xdiss3nt/images/dexter.jpg'>

hold on tight to your fears

http://members.aol.com/xdiss3nt/images/face.jpg'>

the dexter letters are pretty bad i know. i was in a hurry because i heard the street sweeper in the front of the building and i know it comes back there after its done... (i could have done better im sure.) the face is original, i was going to fill it but the was was the same as my fleshtone. oh. and i ran out of black midway through so the hair is mostly just sporatic sprays of black dust. then i got spooked right before i did the teeth and had to come back later and make super quick work of it. oh well. so any pointers at all?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

your first time painting? impressive. the last one is pretty fresh but you need to work more on shading and coloring though. also, the expected (but true) "WORK ON YOUR HANDSTYLE".

keep painting. get a good supply and go out as much as you can. when you cant go out, sketch. look at flicks, take flicks, but dont bite. soak it in. take your girl out to dinner. go watch a movie. buy some new headphones. buy some new underpants. they feel good. tie your shoes. comb your hair. shave that molester mustache. pluck your uni-brow. get a girlfriend. talk to your mom. eat fresh food. drink lots of water. walk instead of taking the bus. stop wearing designer clothes. stop watching so much tv. stop eating fast food.

your first time painting? impressive. the last one is pretty fresh but you need to work more on shading and coloring though. also, the expected (but true) "WORK ON YOUR HANDSTYLE".

keep painting. get a good supply and go out as much as you can. when you cant go out, sketch. look at flicks, take flicks, but dont bite. soak it in. take your girl out to dinner. go watch a movie. buy some new headphones. buy some new underpants. they feel good. tie your shoes. comb your hair. shave that molester mustache. pluck your uni-brow. get a girlfriend. talk to your mom. eat fresh food. drink lots of water. walk instead of taking the bus. stop wearing designer clothes. stop watching so much tv. stop eating fast food.

Guest SezOneSke&SonsIncCo

that dexter is cool

i can see on my cristal ball that your key movement will be rocking characters

unless my cristal ball is made from glass

then im wrong

yeah no drips! i was excited about that. i think the reason is i practiced on cardboard a couple of times and it drips like fuck so i had to move super super fast. so i kind of got used to it. curious george, im from nashville, i write scienxe, radix, and (once) soze. im not up anywhere but maybe a few bathrooms, and around madison (rivergate mall area), and only on the back of buildings. =) and how the fuck did you know i have a molester mustache and a unibrow? creepy. oh and about only doing characters... im not that good at em. i just havent had enough paint (or the paint that i want) or the time to do a piece thats not just a character pretty much. and i thought it would just be easier to do what i did first. but soon. soon. maybe tonight i will have a real piece up. i'll get a flick if i do. thanks for the words of encouragement everyone. oh and yes i know my handstyle sucks. for some reason it gets worse when i've been painting for a while (and im usually already shaking from all the god damn coffee i inhale.)

-radix

oh... side note... that face is a self portrait of sorts.

yes, keep working on your handstyle. That one is pretty bad, but its okay, cause doing shit with a can is way harder than with a pencil. Your dexter is dope (i feel that show) and the letters are better there than the first one. The face is pretty dope. Just listen to everyone else, work on filling and stuff.

Archived