bali under attack

Guest krie

so a bomb went off in the Sarri Club in Bali, Indonesia.

96 people dead or around there ? its fukt. i got a call from two of my good mates saying there ok, both in hospital but there ok. debris has fuckt my mates legs up, and my other freind has cuts to his body. shouts out to my mates for being lil aussie battlers. shouts out to the familys who lost loved ones.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest SMUGGLER RSH

I found out about this because I heard an Aussie accent when I flicked through the channel...I stopped and listened and that is fucked up......Hope your mates get better and happen to see the fucker who did it and get a chance to kill them.....Word to the Aussie Battlers...

The death toll is now at 171 ..

RIP

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...a_bomb_blast_38

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021013/capt.1034526418.indonesia_bomb_blast_da119.jpg'>

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021013/i/1034523591.3221233758.jpg'>

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20021013/mdf127144.jpg'>

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021013/i/1034520365.2886197281.jpg'>

Police say death toll from bombing on Bali resort rises to 171

Sun Oct 13,12:13 AM ET

By IRWAN FIRDAUS, Associated Press Writer

BALI, Indonesia - A massive blast ripped through a nightclub on the tourist island of Bali, killing 171 people in what the national police chief on Sunday described as the worst act of terror in Indonesia's history.

Authorities said a second bomb exploded near the island's U.S. consular office. Police said there were no casualties in the second explosion.

The blasts came amid increasing fears by the United States and others that Indonesia — the most populous Muslim nation — is becoming a haven for terrorists and that al-Qaida operatives are active here.

There was no claim of responsibility for the bombing in the Sari Club at the Kuta Beach resort, which officials said killed Indonesians along with Australians, Canadians, Britons, and Swedes.

"This is the worst act of terror in Indonesia's history," Gen. Da'i Bachtiar said. "We have to be more alert for other acts of terror including international terrorism in the future."

Speaking to reporters at the site of the blast, he said 171 people were confirmed killed.

In Canberra, Australia's Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said: "It looks as though this was a terrorist attack."

The first bomb late Saturday destroyed the Sari Club, a popular nightspot frequented by foreigners in the resort of Kuta Beach. The explosion at the consular office occurred almost simultaneously.

Officials at Denpasar's main Sanglah Hospital said a total of 274 people had suffered injuries.

Police said many foreigners were among the dead but their identities and nationalities were not available.

Australia tourist Rachael Hughes, 18, said she and her boyfriend had just arrived in Kuta when the blast ripped through the nightclub, smashing the window of their hotel room.

"Looking outside ... people are yelling and screaming, they are all going: 'They are all going to die,' " she told the Seven Network television.

"Standing in the foyer of the Bounty Hotel, people were just walking in, blood dripping off them, burns to their face, skin coming off them."

Police had no immediate motive for the blasts.

In September, the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta was closed for six days due to what U.S. Ambassador Ralph Boyce called a "credible and specific threat" that he suggested was linked to the al-Qaida terror network.

Further, authorities in Malaysia and Singapore have alleged that members of Jemaah Islamiyah — a group said to be seeking to set up a hard-line Islamic state in Southeast Asia — are based in Indonesia.

Singapore has been pressing Indonesia to arrest Jemaah Islamiyah's alleged leader, Abu Bakar Bashir, who lives in Indonesia. But Indonesian officials say they have no evidence against him.

Nobody has claimed responsibility for Saturday's attacks and police have made no arrests.

The explosion at the Sari Club was accompanied by a large fire that engulfed another nightclub nearby, eyewitnesses said. About 20 other buildings on the same block and 20 cars were either destroyed or badly damaged.

Wayan Putra, a driver at the nearby Poppies hotel, said that after the blast, hundreds of townspeople rushed toward the nightclub but could not get near it because of the intense flames.

Dozens of injured were evacuated by mo-ped drivers who normally ferry tourists from one part of the resort to another. Ambulances also arrived and the blaze was extinguished several hours later.

"It was horrible. I am devastated. Bali has always, always been safe. We depend on tourism for our livelihood. Our name has been smeared by this horrible blast," Putra said.

Alvin Lie, a member of the Indonesian Parliament, said the attack appeared to have been aimed at foreigners, specifically Australians.

A number of players from Australian rules football clubs were visiting Bali and were in the Sari resort at the time of the blast, according to an Australian Broadcasting Corp. radio report.

"I know there were boys from Geelong there. ... I know there were a few other AFL teams floating around as well, there were some rugby boys," Simon Quayle, the coach of the Kingsley Australian rules football club, told ABC Radio.

"The place was packed, and it went up within a millisecond," said Quayle, who climbed to safety but said eight of his 19 players are still missing.

Australia's Qantas airline scheduled an extra flight to Bali Sunday to evacuate Australians.

Bali is Indonesia's top tourist destination. Although Indonesia has been wracked by ethnic and religious violence since the overthrow four years ago of former dictator Suharto (news - web sites), Bali itself has remained quiet.

Unlike the rest of Indonesia, which is almost 85 percent Muslim, Bali itself is predominantly Hindu. Although Muslim radicals occasionally stage small-scale raids on nightspots in other parts of the country, Bali has never been affected.

Saturday's bombings are likely to be a huge blow to Indonesia's lucrative tourism industry and might also undermine government efforts to revive the economy.

Guest imported_Europe

Its now the biggest terrorattack since 9-11

The official count is 187 dead, 309 wounded, 90 of them serious.

Thats one big bomb!

Guest KING BLING

I think we all should remember that no one has claimed the bombing and that no one knows who did it. I agree a likelihood is there, but by getting into a premature frenzy, we leave ourselves open to manipulation by a variety of shady sources - IE: the government and main stream media. I thaught this article was interesting, could have been composed better, but still...indy media

Guest socrates
Originally posted by KING BLING

I think we all should remember that no one has claimed the bombing and that no one knows who did it. I agree a likelihood is there, but by getting into a premature frenzy, we leave ourselves open to manipulation by a variety of shady sources - IE: the government and main stream media. I thaught this article was interesting, could have been composed better, but still...indy media

No trust me it was arabi motherfuckers I don't care what the indy media says

fuck!

yeah all this terrorsit shit is fuked up!

i go to bali at least once to twice a year and every nite im at the sari club and the new paddy club i only got bak from there in august

and i no locals that werk and go there practikly every night to hang out with the tourists!

all i can say is that i hope there all ok and i sopse i wont no untill i go ther next! or unless the drop me an email

to all the familys and lost love ones hang in there

and REST IN PEACE!!!

Good vs Evil

first of RIP to all who lost life and HOPE for all those that are not well.

May we learn something from all of this. No one country is going to solve or in most cases(IRAQ) help the global issue of terrorism. We seem to be wasting so much time and energy fighting eachother. Let us band together and as one destroy those who look to discriminate against freedom.

I just realized these thoughts seem very reminiscent of post 9-11 centiments. So why have we let these ideals fade back into the mix?

• 2 years later...

Thanks for the links guys, really.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7000357325

Bali Terrorists Linked To Al-Qaeda

October 2, 2005 4:00 p.m. EST

Douglas Maher - All Headline News Staff Reporter

Bali, Indonesia (AHN) - Indonesian officials state Sunday that two fugitive terrorists linked to Saturday's deadly bombing in the resort town of Bali are linked to Osama bin-Laden's Al-Qaeda network.

The bombings have officially killed 26 and injured over 110-people.

Top Indonesian anti-terror official Maj. Gen. Ansyaad Mbai identified the two suspected masterminds as Malaysians alleged to be key members of the Al-Qaeda-linked Jemaah Islamiyah terror group, according to the Associated Press. They are also accused of orchestrating the 2002 Bali nightclub bombings, as well as two other attacks in the Indonesian capital in 2003 and 2004.

Saturday's attacks consisted of three-suicide bombers who were wearing explosives belts around their bodies walking into crowded restaurants and detonating themselves.

"The modus operandi of Saturday's attacks is the same as the earlier ones," says General Mbai, who identified the two suspected masterminds as Azahari bin Husin and Noordin Mohamed Top. "I have seen them. All that is left is their head and feet.By the evidence we can conclude the bombers were carrying the explosives around their waists."

The terror group's alleged spiritual leader, Abu Bakar Bashir, who is being jailed for conspiracy in the 2002 attacks, through a spokesman denied any personal connection to the weekend explosions.

This is fucking shit!!!

I feel for all those people that where in the bomings and all the locals also as this is going to bring bali down rapidly.

Us the tourists have made what bali is today.

This sucks as bali was one of my favourite yearly holiday destinations and i dont think that ill be going there anytime soon.

I just hope that bali dosnt get forgotten.

i was in bali after the 02 attacks

really crazy, because it is such a peaceful and lovely place.

my best friend and her man live there

i haven't heard anything

sure they are fine

but i wonder if they are now regretting the move

i have read the tourism industry there will get buried by this.

i would still go back.

Archived