BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE: BY MICHEAL MOORE

ETHREADZNY

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by mapo returns

im not saying it changes the fabric of what is being said in the movie. it doesnt. im simply saying it would have been better had michael moore just laid out the facts as they are, without trying to spin them in his direction for the purpose of sensationalism.

And i totally agree with that. The part with Heston bugged me the most, not because he chopped stuff to make them appear more dramatical (i'm not the position to know that) but mostly because he opposes to an ideology by practising it. Leaving the picture of the dead kid in Heston's house breaks every 'scientific' backround a documentary must have and gives a melodramatic tone to the whole thing that in my opinion isnt needed in order to make a conclusion. I fell the need to repeat that i oppose just cause i feel he's true and most parts of the film are genius. The saying you quote applies to an extend, truth is truth, personal views may change the form but the core is still there.

• 3 months later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Tesseract

he opposes to an ideology by practising it.

I just saw this movie for the first time the other night. Yeah, I know I'm behind the times, but what the hell?

Moore did have some excellent points in the movie, but you really have to hear both sides of the story from people who know what the hell they are talking about. Most kids are gonna watch this movie and believe every single word throughout the whole thing. Moore talks about "the fear factor" that the media and the government strikes into our minds. Isn't he doing the same thing? Overall, it was a good movie to see first hand.

http://img5.photobucket.com/albums/v15/Cluetwo/12oz/john_wizayne.jpg'>

Archived