Welcome to the 21st century, Austrailia. It's now illegal to eat a dog there.

Poop Man Bob

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/10/...4061256230.html

http://www.theage.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1034061256307_2002/10/09/10DOG,0.jpg'>

Eat me!

Cats and dogs are off the menu

By Richard Baker, Liz Gooch

October 10 2002

A newspaper report about a man apparently wanting to eat a puppy has prompted the Victorian Government to ban the consumption of dogs and cats.

Agriculture Minister Keith Hamilton yesterday said the government wanted to stop people engaging in the "abhorrent" practice of eating dogs and cats.

Prompted by talkback radio coverage, Mr Hamilton set out to toughen the meat industry laws that cover the consumption of animals, even though he conceded there was no evidence to show that dogs and cats were a popular dish in Victoria.

At the moment, it is not illegal for people to eat their pet - or someone else's. This includes animals such as horses.

However, there are laws that prevent the slaughter and sale or inhumane treatment of cats, dogs and horses.

The Moonee Valley Community News reported that passers-by in a Niddrie shopping strip had to rescue a 10-week-old Staffordshire-cross pup from an unidentified man who was holding it in a plastic bag.

The man, said to be of Asian appearance, motioned that he intended to eat the animal. Dogs, and to a lesser extent cats, are eaten in some Asian countries, particularly Korea. Waitress Rebecca Silva yesterday told reporters she took the puppy from the man after he pointed to it and suggestively brought his hand to his mouth several times.

The pup's owner, Erin Marquis, told reporters she could not believe someone was planning to eat her dog. "People in Australia go and get a pie, not a dog," she said.

RSPCA president Hugh Wirth said he had been lobbying respective state governments for several years to introduce laws to stop the consumption of "companion animals".

Dr Wirth said he had been repeatedly told by ministers and government advisers that they could not act for fear of offending minority groups, who might enjoy the occasional dog or cat.

Asked why dogs and cats deserved privileges not afforded to a host of other animals, Dr Wirth said: "The dog was the first animal domesticated by humans and domesticated to the point where it has an extra close companion relationship with humans."

Dr Wirth said he was looking forward to the government's tougher laws, even though the practice of dog and cat eating was rare in Victoria. But ethicist Nicholas Tonti-Filippini said he was not ethically opposed to people eating dogs. "There is no real ethical objection to eating dogs, providing they're not somebody else's dog," he said.

Dr Tonti-Filippini said that when it came to eating dogs, there were questions of property and sentimentality. "Somebody can get sentimental about a cow, too, so I don't think that's absolutely crucial."

He said there might be medical concerns about eating carnivores. "We tend not to eat carnivores, that is, animals that eat other animals. I think there are some concerns that in doing so you may be more likely to get diseases so we tend to eat herbivores mostly, cows and sheep," he said.

Korean Society of Victoria president Young Ho Kim said Koreans living in Victoria did not eat dogs because they followed Australian culture, and would not be affected by tougher laws.

Mr Ho Kim said he had never heard any reports of Koreans eating dogs or cats in Victoria, even though some people in his homeland did make a meal out of dogs.

A spokesman for Mr Hamilton said last night the government was yet to decide how it would police any new laws preventing the consumption of dogs and cats.

Mr Richter's dog was taken to a veterinarian after shoppers confronted a man who had the pup tied in plastic bags. "I couldn't believe it," he said.

Mr Richter, who has only had Occy for four weeks, said he was unsure whether the pup had escaped his backyard or whether somebody had taken him.

He said he had been told that the man found with his dog had demanded money when shoppers tried to rescue Occy.

Mr Richter welcomed news that the government was planning to tighten laws covering the human consumption of dogs and cats.

"You always hear about it," he said. "Now I believe it. They should do something about it, for sure."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest SMUGGLER RSH

FUCK YOU BAGGING US AUSSIES....Joke....

Shit that is weird I thought they always had a law against that in my homeland [Victoria,Australia] I wonder whether we can still BBQ babies???

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

However, there are laws that prevent the slaughter and sale or inhumane treatment of cats, dogs and horses.

whew!!! thats good to hear...i mean after all they are so much different than say, cows or pigs.....

i swear...this shit makes no sense to me

Re: Re: Welcome to the 21st century, Austrailia. It's now illegal to eat a dog there.

Originally posted by boogie hands

whew!!! thats good to hear...i mean after all they are so much different than say, cows or pigs...

they sure are... dogs, cats and horses taste like shit!

Guest ego trippin

i'll give you a hint poop man bob, we like to call it Australia, not austrailia.

Welcome to the 21st century america, it's called english, i hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of the civilised world has.

Originally posted by ego trippin

i'll give you a hint poop man bob, we like to call it Australia, not austrailia.

Welcome to the 21st century america, it's called english, i hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of the civilised world has.

1) Read Pistol's post above.

2) At least our water goes in the right direction when we flush.

:P

Guest ego trippin
Originally posted by Pistol

CIVILIZED

Nice try, but you're wrong again. You see, the english that we speak and write in Australia is done the very same way that it's spoken and written by the people who invented it. You're the country that tried to mess with the way it was, and look where that got you.

Nice try, but you're wrong again. You see, the english that we speak and write in Australia is done the very same way that it's spoken and written by the people who invented it. You're the country that tried to mess with the way it was, and look where that got you.

WHAT ABOUT THE TOILET!?? HUH?

You're the country that tried to mess with the way it was, and look where that got you.

What you mean completely independent from the British. So much so that Blair is dubya's personal lap boy?

Go cry over the Queen.

US TOILETS OWN!

the English invented English, the Irish showed them how to use it... and the Americans FINALLY spelled things correctly...

the Aussies, on the other hand, were a bunch of incorrigibles who got shipped to an island on the other side of the earth then promptly stuck their noses up the Brit's bums... except the few that didn't, they liked sheep and we call them Kiwis...

Guest SMUGGLER RSH

1 The Queen can go suck a dick....

2 Which way do the toilets flush in America??? I am guessing they would flush the exact same way because they are mostly based upon generations of toilet with no major changes to the flushng outlet....??

Guest SMUGGLER RSH

If you have read the article then you would understand the man was of Korean decent. Where it is perfectly normal to chop your dog up and eat it for dinner. But that doesn`t mean people eat dogs in Australia.......

Originally posted by SMUGGLER RSH

2 Which way do the toilets flush in America??? I am guessing they would flush the exact same way because they are mostly based upon generations of toilet with no major changes to the flushng outlet....??

US TOILETS FLUSH THE RIGHT WAY!

aussie toilets much like their country are ass backwards.

even mothernature hates you.

australiamothernaturescrueljoke

Originally posted by SMUGGLER RSH

If you have read the article then you would understand the man was of Korean decent. Where it is perfectly normal to chop your dog up and eat it for dinner. But that doesn`t mean people eat dogs in Australia.......

What's this Korean you speak of? I thought that was a subset of Aboriginee.

And are Aboriginees a subset of Abercrombies?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Guest SMUGGLER RSH

No one has answered my question yet if they flush the so called WRONG WAY admit whether they flush clock wise or counter clockwise........And Smart I looked up the coreolis effect and all I got was some bullshit about some so called spiritual transfestites.?????

What you must remember is that most of the people that were shipped over here by the british monarchy all those years ago were irish and english convicts. That means that we don't have any great love for the queen and her family of rotting, maggot infested puppet carcasses. Those that do and tried to cock the block the revolution last year were those that were descended from english upper class, i.e. our maggoty prime minister, John Howard. The only other people that support the queen are descended from the (shudder) dutch.

"There's only two things i hate in this world. People that aren't accepting of other people's cultures..............and the dutch."

Originally posted by Dead End

Aboriginees are not exclusive to Australia. Aborigine means native, which means that american indians are aborigines.

The toilets flush differently due to us and them being on different sides of the equator.

So Koreans wear Abercrombie, too?

You lost me ..

Smart.

Smart .. after a little research, I think we may be wrong about the toilet thing.

http://www2b.abc.net.au/science/k2/stn-old...opic101981.shtm

http://www.rocknroll.force9.co.uk/advice/survivors.htm

From above link:

"Toilet Water - New 1-4-2001

Americans are regularly told by their badly educated teachers, that water drains in the toilet flush in a certain direction in the northern hemisphere, and the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere. This is abjectly wrong. The coreolis force applied to flushing toilet would be so tiny, that your breathing in the room would have more effect on the direction.

Thanks to an episode of the Simpsons, now most of the English speaking world believe this myth too. "

But who knows .. the Internet has been wrong before.

Originally posted by Dead End

All of a sudden, us aussies seem to be in with a chance. We're fighting strong and the yanks are starting to doubt themselves and exposing what could be a fatal weakness.

In where with a chance? What? Who? Twice? Or just once?

Aboriginee and Fitch?

Archived