Sketching Pens??

seeks_oner

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

sharpie pens are good, but anyone who says they mess up when they use them then thats just saying you need more expirience with it, you must be quick with a sharpie, or any ink flow pen/marker for that matter.

it all depends on what you are doing with the colors or outline or whatever have you. some types of marker pens you cant mix, so its kinda complicated, my advice is figure it out on your own, its not hard, use what you like best, everyone likes different things including sketching materials.

I like Pilots. v7 for outlines. And those microns are superb for any kind of shading. Love em.

A side note::: Someone up there^^^..I forgot who already said paying for prismas is gay. Why? Some people aren't thieves you fuckhead. My your testicles shrivel up and fall off!

Originally posted by seeks_oner

Hey all im just wonderings wat are the best pens to sketch with ??!?!? i used sharpies bleh and they just made my sketches look uglyer then ever aha could u guys let me know what pens u use??

use sharpies. learn to get good with them. dont use pencils. only permanent ink. once you dont need pencils to do sketches you can be completely sure of your outlines. pencils tend to be a crutch. be sure that your sharpies are in good condition. use tria pantones to fill if you want. i think prismas suck fucking ass because they dry out too fast. for inlines i use gelpens if im doing something small. or i can use a new thin-deco and cut the sharpies lines to however thin i want.

Guest TresOne

A pack of 72 Prismas here costs like $120... and they dry out too fuckin fast for my likes. I use em when i can get some, but there's no way in hell i'm paying that much for markers... think of all the paint you could buy...

$1 for an onyx pen???? i pay nothing because my brother works in a fancy office so he gives me boxes of 12 like whenever i want them and his office just re-stockes them so its free for me, and i get them in red, blue, and black, i think they got all the colors too!

but an onyx sold separately is only like .30 cents depending on where you buy it and if its sold separately. but they run out way to quick and sometimes they are like wal-mart paint and they skip lines, like sausage links, and the ink doesnt always flow right.

Guest TresOne
Originally posted by Scorn

And are they worth the money or not?

Depends on whether you have the money or not. They are good markers, but they're pricey and they dry out fairly quickly. Micron makes some good shit too, but even the 0.3mm black markers cost like $5 a pop here.. fuckin rip off..

Thank god for over-stocked shops and baggy jeans... ;)

Originally posted by MR.garf_E

$1 for an onyx pen???? i pay nothing because my brother works in a fancy office so he gives me boxes of 12 like whenever i want them and his office just re-stockes them so its free for me, and i get them in red, blue, and black, i think they got all the colors too!

but an onyx sold separately is only like .30 cents depending on where you buy it and if its sold separately. but they run out way to quick and sometimes they are like wal-mart paint and they skip lines, like sausage links, and the ink doesnt always flow right.

Were you from then? If your from the uk can you send me some? Mr. Lucky

• 2 weeks later...

a couple people have mentioned using india ink. when im looking at other writers blackbook work i love how india ink looks, but i have a question. how does it come? do you all just use the container of india ink, with those pens you need different "nibs" for? or do they sell individual pens with nibs already on em with india ink inside?:o

anyone else besides me use rotring rapidoliners for outlining?

also...what can i use to make inlines with....ihave had ZERO luck with skinny pentel whites....and white paint markers are basically worthless....and alot of gel pens ive tried get fucked up real quick...

and i have used prismas before....but i like decocolors better for fills....

Originally posted by amptwo

a couple people have mentioned using india ink. when im looking at other writers blackbook work i love how india ink looks, but i have a question. how does it come? do you all just use the container of india ink, with those pens you need different "nibs" for? or do they sell individual pens with nibs already on em with india ink inside?:o

The sell the pens with india ink already inside. One popular type is

Microns which you should be able to find at any decent art store.

I came up on some Staedtler pigment liner pens which have the

same ink but last much longer than the Microns.

i believe u make contact with the paper.... then proceed to maybe push the markers in a few times.... then beging the stroking of the marker... and create whatever u plan on making........

i wouldnt know.... cause using decos are complicated..

sry 4 my smart ass comment... but camon man.... its a marker.... not that difficult....

Archived