Sniper fuck leaves first major clue - a tarot card...

Poop Man Bob

Two arrested re: sniper case

http://robots.cnn.com/2002/US/South/10/24/...ings/index.html

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2002/US/South/10/24/sniper.shootings/vert.john.allen.williams.jpg'>

MIDDLETOWN, Maryland (CNN) -- Members of the sniper task force arrested an ex-soldier and his stepson early Thursday at a freeway rest stop. Sources told CNN the two were considered suspects in the shootings that have killed 10 and wounded three in the Washington area.

Sources identified the two as John Allen Muhammad, 42 -- a Gulf War veteran named in a federal arrest warrant for firearms violations who was being sought as a material witness in the sniper case -- and his 17-year-old stepson John Lee Malvo, a Jamaican citizen.

They were taken to an undisclosed location in Montgomery County and questioned. The string of deadly shootings began in the county three weeks ago, and the most recent victim linked to the sniper was killed there Tuesday. (Trail of the sniper)

A weapon has not been recovered, but witnesses said police removed a couple of duffel bags from the car. Police have obtained a warrant to search the car more thoroughly.

Muhammad and Malvo were sleeping in a blue 1990 Chevrolet Caprice, which a motorist and attendant recognized as matching the description of a vehicle authorities were looking for -- a blue or burgundy 1990 Chevrolet Caprice with New Jersey license plate NDA 21Z.

The sighting was reported to police, who relayed the tip to the sniper task force, which dispatched officers to the scene some 50 miles northwest of Washington.

The rest area is along a seven-mile stretch of Interstate 70 near Myersville, Maryland, that had been shut down in a dragnet launched just a few hours earlier by Montgomery County Police Chief Charles Moose, the head of the sniper task force.

After the October 3 shooting of Pascal Charlot, 72, in Washington, D.C., law enforcement officials searched for a burgundy Chevrolet Caprice. One such car was later found burned out in the D.C. area, but it was never determined whether it had anything to do with the fatal shooting.

Other developments

•President Bush was told Thursday morning that law enforcement officials are confident the arrests of Muhammad and Malvo represent a significant breakthrough, a senior administration official said. "It is an ongoing situation, but he was told they are optimistic they have cracked this," the official said.

•The Baltimore Sun reported Wednesday that authorities got a break in the case from a recent phone call believed to be from the sniper, who said that investigators should "take him seriously" and "check with the people in Montgomery," or words to that effect. The newspaper said police then checked recent shootings in Montgomery, Alabama, and found a double shooting outside a liquor store on September 21 that involved .223 caliber ammunition -- the same type used by the sniper.

•Police found a piece of paper bearing Malvo's fingerprint at the scene of the Montgomery shooting, the Sun reported. Malvo, authorities learned, lived with Muhammad. Montgomery Mayor Bobby Bright told CNN that sniper task force investigators "came to us two days ago ... (and) we gave them the evidence we collected in the case." Bright said the fingerprint was among that evidence, but investigators "have not officially authenticated it."

•Authorities searched a duplex in Tacoma, Washington on Wednesday and left with a tree trunk apparently used for target practice. Sources said Muhammad once served at Fort Lewis, not far from the duplex.

•North of Tacoma near the Canadian border, the mayor of Bellingham, Washington said the FBI and local police had searched Bellingham High School, where Malvo reportedly attended school last year.

•Military officials told CNN Muhammad was not trained as a sniper and was not in the Special Forces, but had expertise in combat support missions.

•Federal authorities searched a paramilitary training camp in Marion, Alabama, on Wednesday, local officials said. The FBI would not say where the search was conducted, but did say the search was related to the sniper case. Police in Marion said the property searched was a training camp -- "Ground Zero USA" -- that specializes in urban warfare, martial arts and SWAT tactics. Police did not elaborate on what, if anything, was taken from the property.

•At a midnight news conference Wednesday, Moose delivered another message to the sniper, urging him to contact police.

"Our inability to talk has been a concern for us as it has been for you," Moose said. "You have indicated that you want us to do and say certain things. You asked us to say, 'We have caught the sniper like a duck in a noose.' We understand that hearing us say this is important to you.

"However, we want you to know how difficult it has been to understand what you want because you have chosen to use only notes, indirect messages, and calls to other jurisdictions."

•Law enforcement sources said a note was found near the scene of Tuesday's fatal shooting of a bus driver in Silver Spring, Maryland. Sources said the note is similar to the letter found after a weekend shooting in Virginia that has been linked to the sniper.

•Sources told CNN the Virginia letter revealed a frustrated individual -- believed to be the sniper -- critical of law enforcement's efforts in the investigation. The writer complained that he tried numerous times to call authorities, only to have officials hang up on him.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KaBar -

I'll write a longer response later, so I'll say only a bit right now.

Reversionists (relying on the ORIGINAL intent of the Constitution) have a long, hard road ahead of them as far as interpreting the Constitution goes. They only have one true reversionist on the Supreme Court (C. Thomas), and he is forced to side with other Justices that kind of make his point .. all in an attempt to further his cause.

We could argue for hours about what the original intent of the founders was re: the Constitution .. and therein lies the problem. Everyone has different ideas what the "original" intent was! Which founding fathers are we talking about? The Federalists and Anti-Federalists held very contrasting views re: state power vis a vis the national government. One can argue that the Federalists essentially won (by getting their version of the Constitution ratified), so they are the true founding fathers. This argument doesn't sit well with you, I assume, since the Federalists were arguing for a much stronger national government than the Anti-federalists.

Basically, I'm trying to show that there is no single "original" intent of the founders or the Constitution. Let's give the founders the benefit of the doubt .. they were smart guys, so they knew that the words they were laying down could be interpreted in numerous ways.

One can also make a strong argument that the 10th Amendment has never stood for anything ... that's it's simply a tautalogy .. a truism. It basically states a self-evident fact that whatever isn't given to the national govt. is reserved for the states. Wasn't that the whole intent of the Constitution? The Const. doesn't bestow any NEW powers on the state governments .. it merely takes some away and gives them to the national govt.

I agree that the national government has interpreted the Const. (and ESPECIALLY the commerce clause) to do whatever they deem proper, but there has been a new resurgence of federalism on the Supreme Court these past few years .. much of it led by C.J. Rehnquist. So there may be hope yet. ..

Shit. This got long, too. Sorry. :o I'm off to class.

you reminded me..

halloween 2000 i dressed as a terrorist

i bought an army surplus jacket, took it out back and shot two holes in it

i bought a nice lookin toy gun

sported my israeli full face gas mask

and a turban

probably the last year that costume was funny..

on a side note, they are gonna burn that fucker at the stake..

but the 17 year old?!

fuckin sucks

Originally posted by UrbanAssault

It has that " type" of feel to it but if you think about it, this guy(s) is picking the most American targets. Home Depot, Pondarosa, Gas Stations, Bus Drivers, Kids going to school, people from different states.

These are things that Americans love and terrorists hate. Its hard to tell with out knowing anything at all.

These two could very well be muslim extremists. The older one is ,investigators are trying to figure out if he belongs to the same org. as Richard Reid( shoe bomber ). All this of corse, awaits the matching of guns / bullets and all that mess. I think dude got caught slip'n.

Guest PAYROLL

A MESSAGE TO THE MODERATORS:

Please close every thread concerning the DC serial sniper. This topic is as worn out as the pussies of the mothers of the 12oz members who perpetuate it. Besides, there's never any new, accurate information posted; however, there are more conspiracy theories thrown in these threads than in any Dead Prez song. With this being said, I'll close with the following statement:

Originally posted by PAYROLL

close this shit

Re: A MESSAGE TO THE MODERATORS:

Originally posted by PAYROLL

Please close every thread concerning the DC serial sniper. This topic is as worn out as the pussies of the mothers of the 12oz members who perpetuate it. Besides, there's never any new, accurate information posted; however, there are more conspiracy theories thrown in these threads than in any Dead Prez song. With this being siad, I'll close with the following statement:

If you read what's being said in here, most of the discussion has moved past the DC sniper and onto issues of the Constitution and government's role in our lives.

For that reason, it should be kept open. :P

Guest angry xbox
Originally posted by Con

The snipers are CAUGHT. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

They just reported they found a Bushmaster 223 behind the seat of the Caprice, a scope and tripod. Not to mention all the Jamacian references they are now releasing in the note.

You fuckers are gonna fry. Word is bond bitches.:mad:

you are as stupid as the fucking media and should be shot execution style.

they have not been proven just yet you dumbass, they are just suspects. I mean what the fuck, these guys fit the profile but what if they are not the killers, goddamn america is soooo stupid, especially the media. what if these guys are copy cats and i believe what was said before is its possible that they bought the weapon from a recent gun show and that they are homeless. If they were sleeping in thier car and did that every night and bought a gun for protection hmmmmmm see what im saying. i dunno i wanna see the hole in this trunk an shit i bet they lying cause they dont want to look like they cant ENFORCE the lawwho knows yo i want to see this trial. I bet money it wont get televised...

now your turn

Guest KING BLING
Criminals do not obey ANY of them, so what good are they? Only HONEST citizens obey laws.

Apply this quote to murder or rape and see what it gets you.

King Bling

Apparently, murderers continue to murder, even though the law carries the most severe penalties that our justice system can accomodate. Same goes for rapists. They are not deterred by the law. Criminals do whatever they please, regardless of what the law says, both out in the free, or in the jailhouse. They only follow the rules when they are forced to do so.

What can I tell you? If I catch a burglar in my house, there won't be a trial. There won't even be a body.

Oh, there's a new thing---home made dog food. Sort of like baking your own bread? It looks like hamburglar.

Just kidding.

But in a related story, here in Houston the cops raided the rural residence of a member of the Bandidos motorcycle club, and noted that he had several large, healthy, well-fed guard dogs out in his back yard. They searched it, and found the chipped-up remains of seven bodies, bone chips, teeth, etc. in the back yard grass and in dog feces.

"I'd like to rent your largest woodchipper please. And a power washer."

Guest im not witty

kabar...

i dont know if i grasp your point with this only honest people follow laws, criminals break them... it seems the next logical step is why have them at all. and not just gun laws, any kind of laws. How many people arent robbing/killing/raping strictly because its against the law and they fear prosecution? not too many more than who are doing those things anyway id guess.

i mean, im sure alot of youngins on here would say oh if murder wasnt against the law id kill all the fuckers who make fun of my lame ass at school. but they wouldnt. Im just wondering (outloud) if criminals are criminals are criminals (a rose is a rose is a rose) whats the point of law in the first place. *shrug

I'M NOT WITTY

You've definately got a point. Since I'm more-or-less a Libertarian or maybe a conservative Republican with a Libertarian foundation. I tend to agree with the statement "That government which governs best, governs least."

Murder, however, is forbidden in virtually all societies, even primative hunter-gatherer societies in the Amazon River Basin. They have no law or written rules, but there are taboos, just the same. Murder is Number One. Number Two is incest within one's immediate family. They don't recognize cousin marriages as incest.

The few anarchist societies that have existed have forbidden the basic felonies as well, they just did not have a judge, jury and courtroom to enforce the rules. For instance, anarchists do not marry officially. But when a couple decided to live together to co-habit, they would go down to the Health Department and file a certificate of co-habitation, so that there would be no accidental in-breeding down the line. It wasn't a marriage license, per se, but it sure functioned like one.

Archived