Sniper fuck leaves first major clue - a tarot card...

Poop Man Bob

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confusion about calibers and cartridges

There seems to be some confusion about calibers and cartridges^^^. It is true that certain kinds of rifles tend to be manufactured in particulat calibers. The .223 cartridge was originally a bolt-action rifle cartridge used for shooting prairie dogs and other small varmints (it's called a "varmint cartridge"--high-velocity, flat trajectory) at long ranges. But hitting a prairie dog at 600 yards is different from shooting at humans from a similar range, and the .223 is not a cartridge most law enforcement or military snipers would willingly choose.

The military version of the .223 is called the 5.56mm (that's ".223" in metric system) and it was chosen for the M-16 because of it's LIGHT WEIGHT. A soldier can carry a lot more 5.56mm cartridges for the same combat load weight than he can carry 7.62mm NATO cartridges. A combat load of 5.56mm is the same weight as a combat load of 7.62mm NATO, but you get more rounds for the weight, because the 5.56mm cartridges are much smaller.

Different rifles are generally found chambered for particular cartridgers (i.e. AR-15/ 5.56mm, M-1 Garand/ .30-'06, MAK-90/ 7.62x39mm, etc.) but not always. The civilian copy of the AK-74 rifle shown on the news last night was originally designed to shoot the Soviet 5.45x39mm Com Bloc cartridge, but imports to the U.S. are often chambered for the .223/ 5.56mm because it is a much more popular cartridge here than is 5.45x39mm Com Bloc.

Just because the bullet DIAMETER of the bullet of two cartridges is the same does not mean that the cartridges are interchangeable. For instance, 7.62mm NATO (which is a shortened version of the .30-'06 cartridge) does not even share exactltly the same bore diameter with the Soviet 7.62x39mm Com Bloc that the AK-47 and SKS shoot. A 7.62mm NATO rifle is .308 diameter at the grooves of the bore, and the 7.62x39mm rifles are .311 diameter at the grooves of the bore. The case is nowhere near the same shape or length. AMMUNITION IS ONLY VERY RARELY INTERCHANGEABLE. And even when it is, it's still not too adviseable to do it. (A ready example that springs to mind is the fact that a .357 Magnum pistol can shoot all the ".38" cartridges, including .38 S&W, .38 Long, .38 Special and .357 Magnum. BUT THE REVERSE IS NOT TRUE.)

There are a lot of silly, nonsensical things being said about firearms in the news media. Ho hum. What else is new? They are ignorant about virtually everything that matters to me.

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

From the above article:

"Authorities in Baltimore, meanwhile, seized a white van and found an assault rifle, sniper manual and ammunition similar to the .223 bullets used in attacks that have killed eight people and wounded two others, WBAL-TV reported.

MSNBC reported that a tarot card was found in the van and a sign on the dashboard read "Gihad in America." A tarot card was also found at one of the shootings.

The van's owner was being questioned by police Monday night.

"At this time, the task force believes this is not related to our sniper incidents," said Louise Marthens, a Montgomery County police spokeswoman. "

What the fuck? Am I missing something here? That seems to be closely fucking related ..

not related at all actually

the guy is am ex-marine

he and his girl were having a huge fight and she, yes, the woman, shot him

the neighbors bugged out and called the cops with these details..

shots were fired inside the house of an ex-marine who owns several rifles, and a white van

the cops treated it as the sniper guy and swat-teamed the house

they found a sniper manual in his van and the media jumped all over it...especially in baltimore, because you know how local news media is always cltching at straws to bring a national event "close to home"..stoopid

so they arrested the guy and eventually figured out that there was no way he could have been the sniper (based on alibi and witness info etc.)

Originally posted by !@#$%

not related at all actually

the guy is am ex-marine

he and his girl were having a huge fight and she, yes, the woman, shot him

the neighbors bugged out and called the cops with these details..

shots were fired inside the house of an ex-marine who owns several rifles, and a white van

the cops treated it as the sniper guy and swat-teamed the house

they found a sniper manual in his van and the media jumped all over it...especially in baltimore, because you know how local news media is always cltching at straws to bring a national event "close to home"..stoopid

so they arrested the guy and eventually figured out that there was no way he could have been the sniper (based on alibi and witness info etc.)

Ahh .. thanks for the clear-up. The article did a shitty job of stating why the two weren't related other than a conclusory statement from the police.

Guest angry xbox
Originally posted by yoink

why does it seem like a great majority here fantasize he wont be caught? i mean it is a possibility but in the score sheet for serial killer havent 90 percent of known killers been ultimately caught? i agree with mams when he said it was riveting and basically can be nerve wracking even if your 10, 20, states away but to glorify this dick munch is wrong.

side not where the hell did you stumble upon all thes zany shirts???/

shut up dummy, go to your frat and whine we dont want to hear it.

AND KABAR you should shove it too, i mean that in the kindest way.

the caliber he is using has an uncertainty about it and is easier to come by and cheaper to use. A .223 round is unpredictable and in order to make it an accurate shot it takes alot of skill from the marksman and a very well articulated rifle. The reason he is using the .223 is because it is not as easy to trace. The amount of rifles that use .223 ranges from walmart 99 dollar shit to 1000 dollar special forces rifles issued in foreing countries and the US alike. The vermin round you are taslking about is not a .223 it is a .22, the caliber below a .44 which is a common handgun and revoilver round. .223 is like a 22 but it has a larger casing for gunpowder and the slug is a bit longer which makes it deadlier. this caliber also allows for him to make customizations to his rifle in order to throw law enforcement off. A .223 round can ececute a fatal shot from up to 500 yards away, ballistics test have shown this. However that is with a rifle that runs you about 500 and can be purchased from your local dealer. NUff said this guy is good, DAMN good.

Guest angry xbox

and hard to shoot a .223~??~ jesus what next, a one armed retarded gimp of a junkie monkey could be doing the same thing this dude is get off HIS dick.

seriously you should quit posting altogether bro

you know nothing of firearms or ballistics if you say shit like that

dude i really dont want any e beef, its about as tasty as a saute'd goat ass,

but seriously i shoot, and not just occasionaly, ive been shooting for awhile and semi know what im talking about, not saying you dont either but...i have my point.

Guest angry xbox

dude i really dont want any e beef, its about as tasty as a saute'd goat ass,

but seriously i shoot, and not just occasionaly, ive been shooting for awhile and semi know what im talking about, not saying you dont either but...i have my point.

okay i believe you but you see hes only missed once and only had two fatal shots the rest is well history

9 outta 12 aint bad bro

Angry Xbox

From the rifle shown on the news yesterday, if that is an accurate account of what it looked like, it is most likely an Izhmash Arsenal AK-74 clone, manufactured in Izhuesk, Russia. These rifles have been recently imported in some quantity in both 7.62x39mm caliber and also .223. Wholesale, they go for about $400, retail around $600.

He may have chosen this type of rifle because it is what he is most familiar with, especially if he turns out to be a foreign-trained terrorist.

His last victim was gunned down at a range of 30 yards--90 feet. That's like shooting fish in a barrel. I don't see that this guy is such a great marksman. He's murdering innocent, UNARMED civilians at virtually no risk to himself. A complete and total coward, for my money.

The .223 is an inherently accurate round if fired through an accurate rifle. It was developed from a wildcat varmint cartridge, the .222 Remington Magnum, which is very, very close in every dimension to the .223. They changed the dimensions slightly for the military version (the 5.56mm) because the Geneva Convention prohibits the use of "magnum" cartridges in warfare. The differences between the civilian .223 and the 5.56mm are negligible, and the differences between the .222 Rem Mag and the .223 are mainly a slight fraction of an inch longer case in the .222. The .222 Rem Mag case is 1.850" from case head to case mouth, and the .223 is 1.760" for the same dimension. A .223 will chamber in a .222 Rem Mag rifle, but it is not safe to fire, as it has excessive headspace.

Both of these cartridges were made for long-range varmint hunting of animals like the woodchuck or the prairie dog. They work well for that. But if one was working as a sniper against human targets, the .223 is too light a round to be very effective. Standard sniper rifles are usually either 7.62mm NATO or .300 Winchester Magnum. The 7.62mm NATO is a standard military round. Our belt-fed, light, general purpose machineguns like the M-240D (the FN/MAG-58) or the older M-60GP shoot the 7.62mm NATO rounds, as does the M-14 rifle. The problem is that the 7.62mm cartridge has the same trajectory as the old .30-06, with a considerable rainbow to the trajectory. The .300 Win Mag travels at a much higher velocity, with a much flater trajectory. This eliminates much of the adjusting of scopes for elevation at longer ranges because bullet drop at 1,000 meters is much less. With modern ART scopes (automatic ranging telescopes) a lot of the calculating necessary for longer shots with the older scopes has been eliminated anyway. Shooting down unarmed civilians in a parking lot, or from down the block is not SNIPING. It's just regular old murder, just from a slightly longer distance. Sniping is hitting a moving target at 1,000+ meters from concealment. That's pretty close to a half-mile.

You sound like you admire this murderous asshole. We'll see how bad ass he is when the cops finally run his ass to ground.

I've been hunting and shooting since about 1969. In all those years, I've never known one single person who set out to commit a crime against an innocent person with a firearm. There are well over 70 million American gun owners, and much, much less than one-tenth of one percent of them ever commit a gun-related crime anytime during their lives. This one despicable piece of human shit has set out to terrorize Washington D.C., and I hope he dies like the cowardly dog he is. He's not any expert at much of anything that I can see, except not getting arrested. But, like all criminals, he will eventually get busted, and be brought to justice before a jury of his peers. And then we will execute him.

amen KaBar..in other news, turn on the news or go to cnn.com,

possible suspect caught this morning in a white van i guess from witness help, at a gas station in richmond, they kicked the doors of this dudes van finally pryed them open and hauled his ass in....could be?? hopefuly....check it out though there covering it this morning...

apparently they were trying to establish contact with the guy through a note and the note said somethign about making a phone call to investigators, and then the phone number where the call was made (a public phone) was a white van with a dude in it......BUT they are def not sure if its him or what....thats the latest developments...i repeat they are not sure if that is the guy but he got taken in for questioning.

The cops probably had a warrant to search the guy's house waiting for the arrest. As soon as they busted him, they called in the address and the judge probably signed the warrant and then every cop, ATF agent and FBI man in the world went crashing into the guy's house looking for evidence. Something tells me that this guy, whoever he is, won't be getting much sleep for about a week. "Innocent until proven guilty." Once convicted, and after the appeal has been made, ADIOS.

My greatest fear is that this is actually some kind of a fucking set-up to justify confiscating or restricting, licensing, controlling all the hunting-quality rifles equipped with a telescopic sight. As it stands right now, the United States is completely impregnable. The PEOPLE ARE ARMED and no government, no tyrant, no invading army has the chance of a snowball in Hell of conquering us.

But if they know where all the guns are. Or worse, if they have them all neatly locked up in some police station armory or Army base....guess what?

The First Amendment is guaranteed by the Second. If you got no guns, you got no liberty.

ONE SINGLE ASSHOLE caused all this trouble. If the Government were suddenly to become fascistic, guess what? THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WOULD NOT STAND FOR IT ONE SECOND. Multiply this guy by 500,000 all shooting at jack-booted Nazi Party types.

Hitler's very first move was to disarm the German people.

The 1968 Gun Control Act comes directly from NAZI GUN LAWS.

It's the truth. Look it up for yourself.

(" Deutchland, Deutchland, uber Aus-tral-ia, UBER Aus-tral-ia...")

The the British and the Aussies are completely helpless. Hard to believe, considering how bravely they fought in WWII. Violent crime has skyrockted FORTY-FOUR PER CENT since the Australians turned in their guns. Fuck that.

Guest angry xbox
Originally posted by KaBar

My greatest fear is that this is actually some kind of a fucking set-up to justify confiscating or restricting, licensing, controlling all the hunting-quality rifles equipped with a telescopic sight. As it stands right now, the United States is completely impregnable. The PEOPLE ARE ARMED and no government, no tyrant, no invading army has the chance of a snowball in Hell of conquering us.

that.

oh my god you did not say that did you.

look here. The secon ammendment is not taught to immigrants!!!!

The second ammendment is not taught in schools!!

we are not armed, and they will crush us with thier tanks and swat teams. and those who do see the evil enough to arm themselves will ahve to do it through illegal means because most of us who see the truth see it after being immeressed in evil. IE convicts who cant get fire arms.

anyhow naw that dude that got arrested i think was just making a phone call but the thing was they traced a call from there that told them there was a note in the woods for the po pos

and kabar this guy is no "terrorist" i would think you d have better sense then to follw that propogated word into thinking criminals are terrorists. ahahaahah thats really funny ahahahhh

this guy is 100% amersican born and raised. no one who is an immigrant or so called "terrorist" would know VA that well. that fool grew up in VA fo sho.

Well, the cops are talking to the sniper or a person close to him. They are sending messages back and forth through the press telling the whoever to " call us back, we couldn't hear you " so they are talking to the person who left the letter. This guy is good, he's been one step ahead the whole time. This last shooting let the cops know that their little spy plane can't do shit. I think the only way he's gonna get caught is if he turns himself in.

Guest angry xbox
Originally posted by UrbanAssault

Well, the cops are talking to the sniper or a person close to him. They are sending messages back and forth through the press telling the whoever to " call us back, we couldn't hear you " so they are talking to the person who left the letter. This guy is good, he's been one step ahead the whole time. This last shooting let the cops know that their little spy plane can't do shit. I think the only way he's gonna get caught is if he turns himself in.

who the fuk is your source yo?

Originally posted by angry xbox

who the fuk is your source yo?

OH NO, NOT YOU! naw, just play'n. CNN bro. the press brief given by the police. They told the reporters to pass along this message as much as possible " call us back, we couldn't hear you the audio was bad" so they are in contact with the person(s) that left the note.

Originally posted by angry xbox

and kabar this guy is no "terrorist" i would think you d have better sense then to follw that propogated word into thinking criminals are terrorists. ahahaahah thats really funny ahahahhh

this guy is 100% amersican born and raised. no one who is an immigrant or so called "terrorist" would know VA that well. that fool grew up in VA fo sho.

do you live in virginia asshole? well i do. you dont have to be from another country to be considered a terrorist. this guys doing a hell of a job in instilling terror in the DC metro area. people like my girlfriend and my family wondering if theyre gonna be next....four of these killings have happened w/ in 20 minutes of me....ive seen dozens of cops, guns drawn in the last few weeks...not a terrorist? what about the fear running through out these innocent people who get this shit , who are getting stopped, or who are getting shot and killed, just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. its fucking sick, and its my word i would kill this motherfucker in the blink of an eye. poof. gone. hes a fucking terrorist, and youre an ignorant bastard....out

What I think xbox ment was this guy didnt come in from a foreign country just to comit murder for gihad or Al queda or any other terror group, he's just a american born terrorist doing it for kicks, to show how stupid we are to think were safe....

Originally posted by WALE!pd

with any race skin color doesnt mean you can kick my ass so fuck you. this dude wont get caught and if he does your all gonna be fuckin surprised when they reveal his identity

:lol: :lol: really I was hoping for a korean guy...I never said he was stupid, but you are, this guy just has some spare time, and money...and I dont think any identity could suprise me, not even if he ran up to somebody and killed them with num chucks made out of penises...

Archived