PS2 XBOX GAME REVIEWS

Pistol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh, and if you like Mecha games, like Mechwarrior, try Mechassault. I tried that last night, for xbox as well, and I think it's a pretty good game. Rent it for a bit, though. Mind you, it's not a sim, as Mechwarrior games are. It's a lot less restricting, less realistic, but there is superb graphics, and good damage visuals. sound is bomb, too.

I like all things mech, so I thought it was pretty good.

Im about to jump in for the GCN scene:

Ive been playing Metroid Prime for the past 4 days and its by far the best game that I have ever played in my 20+ years of gaming. Runs at a cool 60 frames per second, no glitches, NO loading times at all, great graphics, good sound, unbelievable detail, huge worlds, nice gameplay...etc.etc. Hands down GOTY, believe the hype - just play the shit.

Resident Evil Ø (Zero)... fuck yeah some of the cleanest graphics and animation sequences I have ever seen in a game.

Star Fox is pretty nice as well, good animation cut scenes and great sound but noticed a bit of frame dropping in some areas of the game.

Nintendo actually spends time developing their games.

--------------------------------------------------------

still waiting for the modded GC to drop in price!!!

• 3 months later...

where the pc gamers at?? right now im hooked on splinter cell for the pc...pretty much a straight port of the xbox version...i beat mafia the other day, very much like gta, but set in the 1930's with linear gameplay and storyline...it was extremely fun....

• 1 month later...

so lately I've played a few games. Tenchu 3 is pretty fun. The multiplayer isn't bad. I also played Dynasty Warriors (the new one). I have yet to try Xenosaga, which I hear is utterly amazing. An 80 hour game.

Still, the ONLY game I really play right now and for the longest time is NHL 2003. If it's in the game, it's in the game.

Originally posted by Weapon X

Still, the ONLY game I really play right now and for the longest time is NHL 2003. If it's in the game, it's in the game.

i normally love the nhl series but i just couldnt get the hang of this one...i didnt play it too much but it was semi frusterating, it looked good though, ill probably try it out again.

looking forward to these.

nba street 2 coming soon4/29

enter the matrix coming soon 5/15

and for ps2 splinter cell. 4/9

Originally posted by yoink

i normally love the nhl series but i just couldnt get the hang of this one...i didnt play it too much but it was semi frusterating, it looked good though, ill probably try it out again.

looking forward to these.

nba street 2 coming soon4/29

enter the matrix coming soon 5/15

and for ps2 splinter cell. 4/9

this is the best nhl to come out. i had no idea about nba street. matrix i'm gonna look up right now, and splinter cell - i am pissed because they said it was gonna come out in march, but I can't stay mad at them. that game is killer.

weapon x, i believe you are referring to tao feng: fist of the lotus. I just rented it and the graphics are great, but it does have some gameplay problems such as a bad camera (not being able to see what the hell you're doing and getting the shit slapped out of you) and the controls can be clumsy at times. The real-time bruising and bleeding effects and environmental damage are cool, but this game could've been brilliant if a little more time had been put into the actual game mechanics. Overall it's a pretty good rental, but I still think MK: Deadly Alliance and/or DOA 3 are better.

• 1 month later...

just bought enter the matrix for ps2. i like it so far. the controls kind of suck though. you can't front on the slow-mo combos or the 10$ gift card when you buy if from bestbuy :D

i plan to get dynasty warriors 4 soon.

Originally posted by Kreature

weapon x, i believe you are referring to tao feng: fist of the lotus. I just rented it and the graphics are great, but it does have some gameplay problems such as a bad camera (not being able to see what the hell you're doing and getting the shit slapped out of you) and the controls can be clumsy at times. The real-time bruising and bleeding effects and environmental damage are cool, but this game could've been brilliant if a little more time had been put into the actual game mechanics.

the XBOX van dropped by at the bestbuy over here (they are going to go to the NOPI Nats in tampa this weekend) and i playd the game. the controls aren't great, but what bothered me the most is the camera. it switches sides sponateously.

Time splitters xbox- one of the most awesome games i have played in my life. So many mini games to play and unlock aside from the story mode. 4 thumbs up.

x2 wolverines revenge: Awesome. You can creep on your enemy in his extra senses mode and catch them with their pants down for stealth kills. You fight Magneto, Sabertooth, lady deathstrike, some big white beast, and something else. I was shitty that you didn't et to dight omega red but they set it up for a sequal to the game. I'd buy it.

splinter cell- Another one of the awesomest games ever. I never could beat it. I couldn't get past the part where you have to use your inferred goggles to see the heat signatures on the key pads for the second time. But yeah you can creep up on boys in this game too. A lot of strategy a lot of action. This is a must have.

dead to rights- Not cheesey. cool game. Straight action. No stealth. Lots of dissarming moves and execution style shots. Human shields. I'd rent it before buying it.

batman(?)- what ever the new one was. I never liked any of the new batman games. I guess i never really gave it a chance but i was swinging from roof to roof in the beginingfor about 15 minutes before i shut it off and forgot about it.

MK5- its real real real tight for the first few days and as a MK fan i hate to say it but the fatalities arent that great. Its always fun to battle people but i wasnt happy with my purchase after about a week. Short attention span like what. Rent before you buy.

Mechassault- i dont even want to talk about that game. I thought it would be cool but i just wasn't feelin it at all.

new zelda wind waker- awesome. If you dont have this you are trippin. Best game in the series since the original. Plenty of action, plenty of story, plenty of puzzles. Get a strategy guide for when you get stuck.

metroid- i was expecting bullshit but was pleased to no end. It is very frustrating at times but is very fun. So many power ups and all types of ill shit. Half the fun of the game is to scan shit and read the story of whats going on as you play. Buy it.

Way of the samuri- i didnt get to play this game enough but the part i did play was very cool. The storyline changes depending on who you befriend and who you cross or double cross. I'd at leat rent it.

Thats all i can think of for right now.

Originally posted by swif1

just bought enter the matrix for ps2. i like it so far. the controls kind of suck though. you can't front on the slow-mo combos or the 10$ gift card when you buy if from bestbuy :D

i plan to get dynasty warriors 4 soon.

I played Dynasty Warriors for a night, and thought it was decent. It's a hack and slash button mashing game, but you get your own little squadron, and you can create your own player. Rent it, don't buy it. That's what I say.

I watched a show on MTV about the making of Enter the Matrix, and it looks damn good. And will fill you in a lot on the story line. Also, there are some damn cool moves you can do.

I played Dynasty Warriors for a night, and thought it was decent. It's a hack and slash button mashing game, but you get your own little squadron, and you can create your own player. Rent it, don't buy it. That's what I say.

oh word? i was planning to buy DW4 instead of enter the matrix, but my friend said i can get a free $10 gift card so i said word.

I watched a show on MTV about the making of Enter the Matrix, and it looks damn good. And will fill you in a lot on the story line. Also, there are some damn cool moves you can do.

shit is a fun game. but you need to cheat if you want to get past some levels. the swat team would slaughter your ass at the airport.

• 1 month later...

In two days, Knights of the Old Republic is released. Hopefully, my friend will pick it up in the morning after work, and I will let you know how wicked this xbox game really is.

KOTR is gonna kick some serious ass. keep us posted.

ANYONE ELSE EXCITED ABOUT A NEW PRINCE OF PERSIA COMIN OUT?!!!!!!!!!!!(sorry its all capped)

shit damn that game is gonna R0ck!!!!.

its actually like your in the game because theres like an infinite ways of completing a mission. so it all depends on your style.

GOD I MUST BUY XBOX...or at the very least steal one

Archived