CASE 2 TFP "THE KING OF STYLE"

ETHREADZNY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kasey21-664x250.jpg

bCooperCase2-350x522.jpg

IMG_5051_thumb-400x600.jpg

case_moet2007_thumb-664x322.jpg

Case2-01_thumb-664x498.jpg

One -Armed Army

Let’s bid farewell to Almighty Case

He came here and he rocked the place

Writing and fighting his way to fame

The entire planet knew his name

Computer Rock and T.F.P

Just part of his legacy

A legend of graffiti art

With half the limbs and twice the heart.

The King of Style has left his throne.

In our culture he stood alone.

62.jpg

KING KASE RIP from SHIRT KING PHADE

AUG

As one of Kase 2′s first born when it comes to what the kids call today ‘Swag’ I respectfully send out my condolences out to the Jeffrey Brown family. Me and Kase met in 1978, We quickly became friends and he began to mentor me as his protege. We fought side by side in the street, Kase respected me not as an underling but almost as an equal. he helped shape and groom my aerosol art career in its early stages. He always had perception as to what was next.He is truly ‘King of Style’. Kase gave me an outline in 1978 of my name ‘Phade’. He was impressed that I was able to scale his art professionally, and proportionately so we became piecing partners. Wether it was one of his moniker names or our names, we painted hard. Kase took me to clubs like Celebrity club, Harlem World, Renaissance ballroom, Audubon Ballroom. He enabled me to meet the heroes of the day such as Busy Bee and Kool dJ AJ. The Moore House Crew we called ourselves. That was Kase’s family he always mentioned Dee,Glenn, Crusader Rob, Al boogie,Tray-Bag, Gill Seville etc. We became his extended family. He taught me how to stand up as a man and protect my artistic ability by any means. So many words can describe Jeff pka Kase 2 The Fantastic Partners. When Butch came home he embraced me also. They together embraced my team Lil Seen, Doze, Daze, Lady Pink, Harold, LC, EC3, CUE, he showed us all how to be and conduct ourselves as ‘Kings” . There were collaborations that only pictures can bring bck the memories of those nights at Gunhill rd lay-up and bussin’ 6 whole cars. Kase/Butch, Phade/Agent, kel139/Cos, Mare/shy 147,piecing with Skeme/Dez, Lil Karado/SO, Jap 115, Moet, Gnome etc. Kase was unselfish, willing to teach and always opened his heart and doors for others. I have been so blessed to meet and be a pivotal part of this mans life that meant so much to others. 33 Years of knowing a true King of Style I can brag about that, but missing Kase is gonna be hard. I wear my crown proudly and do daily watch the throne, that was Kases life….letting you know who the true Kings of Style are and whose crowns are on tight.

Thanks to a mentor, brother, historian, fighter, artist supreme, To the King Of Style thanks for the memories and the Love of the life game we are in Hip Hop.”

Edwin Sacasa aka King Phade the one and only

Photo: Kase2, Butch 2, EC3, Cue 1979 TFP) Copyright/Edwin Sacasa (Phade 1998 Ultimate Hip Hop Experience collection)

KING KASE RIP from ERIC DEAL

AUG

My head is spinning with this news so I really don’t know what to say, but I feel the need t share a few spontaneous thoughts.

KASE 2 was by far one of the most amazing people I have ever met. In a childhood accident he lost an arm and a leg. Despite that fact he became one of the most accomplished, respected and feared individuals in the artistically competitive and physically demanding world of graffiti.

Back in the days graffiti writers gathered at the 149th Street writers’ bench to socialize. KASE was the type of guy who could pack the bench or clear it. As one of the movement’s most innovative and influential style masters, young writers would flock to him in admiration, but he was also a very intimidating figure, known for his fighting ability and street hardened ways. As they say on the street “He had cats shook.” so writers might also scatter upon his arrival.

My fondest memories are of his work are the outstanding whole cars he produced with his partner BUTCH 2 on the 2 and 5 lines back in the mid 1970s. They really set the bar high for how style and concept cars should be done. Those joints truly got me lifted!!

During the course of writing Graffiti New York I interviewed one of New York’s best-known graffiti cops, Detective Kevin Hickey and he shared memories about writers who made a memorable impression on him.

Hickey recalled receiving a call from another cop who shared a story about chasing a one armed youth who left him in the dust in a foot chase. Hickey laughed at him and said” I’m sorry to hear you couldn’t keep up with this kid, but I’m also sorry to tell you that not only did he have just one arm, he also had just one leg.” For me that summed it all up—KASE was extraordinary.

Much like Muhammad Ali, KASE was a boastful and charismatic showman and much like Muhammad Ali, he had unquestionable ability to back up every word. He ranks among greats such as PHASE, RIFF, NOC, BILLY, PART, CHAIN and DONDI.

He was the King of what? THE KING of STYLE!!!

My extend my condolences to his family, The TFP Family and his extended family of artists across the globe who morn his loss.

ERIC DEAL

kase2-by-persue.jpg

Persue’s tribute to The King Of Style King Kase2 complete with crown and robe.

If you have not already read, Kase2 TFP passed away from cancer early yesterday morning. Kase2′s legacy was already cemented decades ago, but the true measure of his influence can already be seen in the number of writers paying tribute to the self anointed “King Of Style”.

caes-2-664x564.png

trains__0002-664x530.jpg

computer rock

trains__0003-664x414.jpg

Kase2 and Chain3 halloween joint that never pulled out of the 2 yard

trains_-664x482.jpg

Case2 top to bottom . THis was done with Slave and Bear167. Each one of them did a T2B . One of my favorites!

King Kase2

This article was posted by Daze 1 hour, 54 minutes ago.

A sad day has passed us as Kase2 has succumbed to his battle with lung cancer . To say that his passing leaves a huge gap in New York city graff history is an understatement . It leaves a hole in our culture as well as our hearts which will not be soon filled if ever . Kase’s contributions to this culture were too many to list . I am fortunate enough to have born witness to the many amazing burners he produced on the IRT subway lines and then later on walls in his lengthy painting career . The man was just an unstoppable force that never really quit painting . He was dealt some heavy blows in life and was also known to have dealt out a few heavy blows as well . Through it all he developed some of the most influential styles ever and that changed the game for all .

I first met Kase around 1978 at NOGA went it was up near Crotona park . I can’t remember who I went up there with but I was just starting out and still trying to meet people. I had of course heard of Kase and Butch2 and had even seen some of their pieces together. He was already a legend.Up at the workshop there were many half finished canvases laying around and a few tables where writers were signing blackbooks . I believe Tean and Kade were there as well as well as Crane and of course Jack Pellsinger was in the house . Kase showed up eventually and I asked him to sign my book . He sat down and began to produce an incredible mechanical style piece . This was before he had developed the “computer rock” that was so well known . While drawing he was talking about the various whole cars that he and his partner Butch2 had pulled out . I remember him as being real gracious that day with his time . Later on as I was leaving Noc167 showed up . Incredible ! A couple of years later I went up to his house for the first time with Phade to lace him with a couple of photo’s of his stuff . I went up there again with Bear 167 about a year later . Both times he was real cool to hang with . Both times I felt that I was learning from a master .Soon after that i’d bump into him many times in lay ups or tunnels . Our paths crossed many times wether painting in a yard or tunnel or later on at some art event or painting a wall .

I don’t really believe I can completely put into words how big of a loss I feel this is . I can say however with all honesty his work will live on in film and the many books his work appeared in and for the chosen few who remember seeing his many burners running .

Wow. This is a bummer.

His quotes from movie alone are legend.

I like how he continued to actually progress and innovate well past the 80's and into today. So many of the oldtimers from then would rock the same bubble letters or simple styles and fills when they dusted off the cans years later. He continued to push.. His lettering was always very advanced. Especially in the years when the film came out.

RIP ... Computer Rock!!

Archived