Keeping spots chill

Guest cracked ass

the original posting was about keeping spots chill, so it still applies.

i love good ol dayspots, factories are the best...

getting into the __________ is risky now with those apartments right next to them...

i got spotted going over the fence and some middle aged lady started abusing me...

then i found some skaters absolutely wrecking the place, throwing shit around, dogging pieces...

no respect for quality art...

so i gave them a stern talking to, confiscated their paint and knocked them about a bit. god, little 13 yr old skaters are fucking annoying...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive been painting frieghts for 4 years now and ive been painting in the same 5 yards my whole carrier now these 14 year old toys are comming through taggin up everything and showin no respect for sum of the kings that roll thru. sum little cock actually went over a Nace burner and a Zeph Burner with a goddamn haggard ass tag in waltmart drippy shit like show sum respect i wanna crack sum skulls

anyways thanks for the great thread and thanks for lettin me vent

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I guess you could say I just started to go out and use paint...I basically stayed in my room painting on big ass pieces of cardboard on my garage walls as well as paper but I just recently wanted to go out and try to get better. where I live though has no scene except kids just writting fuck fags and kkk and stupid shit.

if anybody on this thread lives in the oklahoma city area hit me up.

well what about grown men leaving paint cans, paint can lids, and caps all over the yard. i confronted them about it, and they got all defensive.. sayin it wasn't there shit. like dude the cans and color lids are from your pieces. wack ass writers and wak ass crew. have no idea how to keep a yard clean ...

• 4 weeks later...

all this advice really helps. but you guys pointed out (and i already realized) that in NYC the rules are a bit different. I know of a couple of spots around the buroughs but does anyone have any NYC exclusive tips. the few times i went to spots there was no one around, but does anyone know if the security in nyc yards is tighter than everywhere else? any other things i should know about the nyc fr8 scene. i know you're supposed to find out from experience, but sitting in the back of a cop car is an experience i dont want.

all this advice really helps. but you guys pointed out (and i already realized) that in NYC the rules are a bit different. I know of a couple of spots around the buroughs but does anyone have any NYC exclusive tips. the few times i went to spots there was no one around, but does anyone know if the security in nyc yards is tighter than everywhere else? any other things i should know about the nyc fr8 scene. i know you're supposed to find out from experience, but sitting in the back of a cop car is an experience i dont want.

if you write, chances are youre going to get popped. its part of the game.

i would just check your spot out without paint, just see what time bulls or workers usually run through. just be safe dude

yo, I started writing a month or two ago. I started out writing some wackass shit like Killa and burn, until I got some tips from a true writer. He's 15, but he's been doin this shit for 6 years in NY. He uses the name Sper, if any NYC people see him around, give me a message, it's appreciated. Now, I practiced on lined paper, homeworks, notebooks, and then I thought of my name, Route. Now, I ain't tryin to pretend I'm good, a friend once told me that I'm shit until further notice, and I took that to heart. Now, I have a question for you, every one of you, as writers: Is the old shit good enough to keep? There are some fuckin old ass pieces round my way, the paint is fading and shit, but you can tell that at one time, it was incredible. The layout is still incredible, its just lost its luster. Now, for some reason, noones gone over it, which I'm happy to see. But I feel like someone needs to renovate it. Would it be acceptable for me to give it a fresh coat of paint? The artist is impossible to find, and its not like I'd be claiming I did it. Would that just be stupid? The reason it relates to this thread, is that if I do this, the cops gonna keep a closer watch on that area. IS that gonna shut it down? Please help

a toy's plee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My buddies and I bench on this really old monument marking a viaduct. It was built in 1832. We went down there a few weeks ago and some kids badly painted "fuk" "cunt" "asshole" all over it in cheap paint. After that some fairy compitant writers did some shit on it. I just can't believe that shit. I guess I feel like if you're fuckin with freights it shouldn't just be for graffiti, respect the history. I love trains just as much as I love the scribbles on their side, whether you give a fuck about them or not shouldn't matter. I think I'm just gonna grab a bucket and go over their shit, not because I care about the spot getting blown up but becase I care about the history. Some dumbass even went over the virgin brick at the base of it. Come on folks...I'm sure this doesn't apply to many here though, everybody seems to have a good head on thier shoulders, almost everybody at least.

the original posting was about keeping spots chill, so it still applies.

i love good ol dayspots, factories are the best...

getting into the woolstores is risky now with those apartments right next to them...

i got spotted going over the fence and some middle aged lady started abusing me...

then i found some skaters absolutely wrecking the place, throwing shit around, dogging pieces...

no respect for quality art...

so i gave them a stern talking to, confiscated their paint and knocked them about a bit. god, little 13 yr old skaters are fucking annoying...

sounds like the same spot i hit up every now and then

ok without giving enough info to maybe blow this spot....

i have found a location about 15 miles from anything that i have noticed frieghts stopped at during the night. the location is very rural, but it is on live tracks. I'm gonna do some scouting and such before i even think about hitting them up.

Any advice for keepin it chill on a live track? There are woods nearby i can duck into no problem if i hear a train comin. I also plan to keep it super simple since im still a new writer and dont want to be putting shit up on trains.

just go by a couple times a week see what it looks like try to get a time pattern down for when the train(S) pass and then just dont leave and clues that you were there and make sure you know where your going through the woods that way you dont go in a circle and end up in the line of a rail crew or something.thats all the advice i can give you for now lol i dont do that many trains considering we only have 4-5 trains pass on a weekly average so good luck

knim one- sounds like you found yerself a nice spot. don't go over the numbers or the box and don't leave shit around... read the first post on this thread if you haven't already... and you should be good. sounds like it'll be easy to get over there. have fun.

i went to checkout a yard lastnight that uses stadium style lighting, is this common? its a smaller yard but has a large maintinence facility that was open all night, kinda disapointing. its on a norfolk southern line, do they stay open 24hrs?

who cares? that just means you don't have to struggle in the dark to see your work. unless there's mad employees walking around you should be fine. i got a buddy who only paints trains in the yard during day shift time (9-5) who sees employees all the time and just ducks. fuck it.

Whats your guys advice on painting layups when there is snow on the ground? Obviously the is the problem with footprints although workers sometimes come to clean out the boxes. Secondly paint show up a lot easier on the snow. Do most of you still paint when there is snow or wait till it melts?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived