Keeping spots chill

Guest cracked ass

The big problem with this thread idea, is that a real freight writer will already be doing this. Some chump who doesnt care is not going to read this and then act that way. Most of the stuff concerning freights is common knowledge(well, common knowledge to not retards).

• 2 months later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have this spot, it's pretty shit...A freight train comes along and reverses all the way in and starts to get filled with this weird substance by these big tractors, it moves along every 10-15mins once the drivers engine has gone past its a ok to paint...Only thing 10-15mins is no time for quality...Fuck painting euro fat cap outline shit...The spots only good for throws and tags...I only like doing quality on steel.

have you staked out the spot? how do you know they arent "leaving them there overnight" on a regular basis? Just cause its not a spot you know about, doesnt mean it isnt a spot.

or a set up recon leatherneck...

they do that ya know...

• 2 weeks later...

ok idk wher to ask this so ill put it here.. how exactly do you find a train yard? ive used google earth and found TONS of layups but when i go to check em out theyr always very active during the night time.. or theyre right in the middle of town or have a busy street running parallel to them.. ive asked the other writers around my area where they paint trains but they get all stingy and defensive and wont tell me.. i stay in northern california and i know there are yards around the bay and i have a feeling there might be a couple in the valley.. anyone wanna help me out?? how have you found your train yards??

• 2 weeks later...

most cats arent gonna tell you where their yards are becuase one they dont want to fuck up their yard and they dont want to compete with you for space.. live in .i think your problem is you live in NORCAL.i hear its pretty active up there but i mean they usually keep trains over night somewhere along the track which is where i usually go.i dont fuck with yards to much its to much of a hassle when i have a perfectly good spot 2 miles closer anyways.but if it were me i would just go later like 2 or 3 am maybe and see if its still active.my place is pretty much silent after about 8ish...

lol.the best way i found was one not to be seen which should be fucking obvious enough and two to clean up after yourself.the workers check the lines regulary...also dont write on shit in the yard other than the train itself and dont test paint on tracks.they notice that shit...and if they catch you painting there its an asswhoopin.which will be completely justified...theyll just say"oh well we were trying to stop him from leaving and he put up a fight" or something like that.its much easier tho to find a place somehwere on the track that isnt a yard where they keep cars to paint...less security and usually less activity in general...at least where im at.basicly everything thats already been covered haha.

• 1 month later...

my yard is pretty chill i've never seen security there, i usally go when theres no workers, what you gota do is recon the yard, there will be a day or days when there arnt any workers or any thing, lets say your doing a piece in a yard and you hear some one coming, it could be a worker, writer or any one YOU must get outa there as quick as possiabel take a plastic bag insted of a back pack because you can leave the plastic bag if you get chased or if you hear some one coming and need to get outa there, and dont go over the numbers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i was walking down the tracks at the yard that i paint, and those pretty little CSX f-150's with the train wheels, so they can drive on the tracks pulled up. he stopped, i looked at him and said, "you know where front street is by any chance?'' calm and respectful, he said "nope. have no idea, sorry" it scared me. lol. another time i was painting gandolas at this spot, and a meth head popped out of the thing. i about shit myself, but he said "looks good" and continued on stealing scrap metal. i almost got nacked by a humped car going at least 30. just make sure no big crews "own" the yard your at, or else you might as well hand your paint to them and run. i only got lucky once in a yard, when an OG walked up to me and said, what ya doin here? i was like not shit, you write? he said yeah, and we ended up paintin the whole day. pretty tight. just be careful, use common sense, avoid as much trouble as possible, because if you get stopped, youll get a free place to stay, 3 free hot meals a day, guarnteed shower relationship with a not-so-friendly compainon, and a good set of bright orange clothing

peace

ive never had any problems in any of my layups... i have one yard per say but its more like a layup.....ive never had any problems there cuz i only hit it at times when nobody is there (and everybody has heard about the place yet im one of 4 people that catch it). the yards around me suck because they are hella active so i dont really fuck with them unless im desperate.

bottom line.....do your homework and youll be ok. not that many people around my area catch trains.....they usually leave the city(major) to paint less active yards, which works out for me. theres only one layup that the railroad knows is getting painted on the reg....its a real shithole, shitty train selection, and empty cans everywhere, but it seems they let it ride.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I got a spot right behind my job. If I wanted to I could hit it up after work and no one would know. Literally right behind the building. Cars have been parked there for a bit, hope they don't move em before I get a chance to hit em up.

i live in australia things are a bit diffirent here the yard that i go to is pretty chill i only go there when theres no workers which is sunday theres house's that back onto the yard which sucks but theres also a main road on the other side which cops probable drive along here you have to ware one of those safty vest's so it looks like you work there the yard its self isnt to active you get a few trains go past and its broken up in to 2 bits yard A which has all the good cars and yard B which has box cars that i think they dont use every one knows about this yard alot of people go there pretty chill to paint if any one come's to melbourne australia i'll give the location

Don't let the engine or if highspeeds (amtrack passenger cars) go by the line don't let them see you either there just one radio click away from informing the rail cops... duck under the train or lay down flat keep your bag out of site if you can and make sure all your shit STAYS in the bag leaving shit behind is a dumb drunken misstake...

Don't let the engine or if highspeeds (amtrack passenger cars) go by the line don't let them see you either there just one radio click away from informing the rail cops... duck under the train or lay down flat keep your bag out of site if you can and make sure all your shit STAYS in the bag leaving shit behind is a dumb drunken misstake...

theres house near the yard and i all ways make sure no one see's me go in or out i painted there the other day and its chill as fuck

• 3 weeks later...
this thread is kinda funny..you got people tellin fools how to rock the line...lol..shit..i throw my empty cans right on the fuckin ground..i really dont care..you guys sound like pussys

and you sound lik an idiot..

have fun in jail son

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
factory spots are getting heated by the day where i'm at. its already a 45 min drive to the spots. Just wish some would actually take the advice than the easy way out

a good spot is worth a 4 hour drive. 45 minutes is nothing. try taking a city bus painting all night camping out at the spot then taking the first bus home in the morning. its called dedication.

dont be a baby.

if fools blow shit up BLOW UP THEIR FUCKING FACE.

This issue obviously doesn't get addressed often enough, because I keep hearing about dumb shit going down and spots getting blown. All the veteran heads can skip this thread, except to add any minor points to think about or incidents where violation of these concepts brought heat to them personally. Anyone fairly new to trains should listen up. I'm going to talk at length about a bunch of related points.

THE MAIN ISSUE.

The main issue here is longevity of chill spots to paint freights. Any sane writer who is not a malicious shithead must agree that keeping a chill spot to piece freights is a good thing. The primary thing that blows spots is letting people (rail workers, cops, joe hero who walks his dog near the tracks and hates "taggers") know that painting gets done at that spot.

WITNESSES.

SOME rail workers hate graff and will report a spot getting hit to superiors/railcops/regular police. SOME passerby civilians hate graff and will call the cops about it if they see it being done. ALL cops are obviously down to nail writers. So: a significant percentage of people who see freights being painted, or can tell from evidence that they were painted right there, will take action. Maybe it's only ten or twenty percent, but so what? Why take the chance? This means 1) strive to be seen by zero people and 2) leave NO evidence around the train you just painted to clue people in that it was painted THERE instead of rolling in from someplace else. (This seems pretty basic, but there are plenty of people on this board who don't grasp it yet.)

DON'T GET SEEN.

Again, pretty obvious right? Not to some. To avoid being seen, paint only in a spot screened from most directions by trees, buildings, etc. Do not paint standing on a live track, because another train or one of those quiet, fast utility trucks on train wheels could roll on you. Remember, EVEN IF YOU CAN GET AWAY SUCCESSFULLY, IF YOU GOT SPOTTED PAINTING, YOU ATTRACTED ATTENTION AND HEAT TO THE SPOT. That fucks it up for you, which is only as bad as you think it is, but if other people paint that spot, you have fucked it up for them too, and they will be pissed off, cross you out, beat your head in, etc.

HISTORY/SENIORITY

If you're new to trains, the thing you need to understand is that if you find a spot to paint them, it may already be a regular spot for other heads in your area. They don't want their spot blown. They will not even like you painting there at all, because you have yet to prove you're smart enough not to fuck up the spot with dumb behavior. Also, they may have set their own limits on how many cars they'll hit per line that gets parked there, because hitting several trains in a row is a big clue to workers that painting occurs right there. When you piece there, you are possibly fucking with their rhythm.

This is not to say, don't hit any freight spot without permission. But do 2 things: one, observe the "chillness" advice I'm dropping here; and two, if senior heads confront you about painting their spot, respect what they have to say, whether it's "find another spot" or "don't paint the track side" or "don't hit more than 2 cars per line". If you don't respect the heads who have been hitting that spot before you, then welcome to beef.

THE DON'TS.

DON'T paint several cars in a row, or tag or bomb whole lines. Workers know that trains are always getting broken up and rearranged, and the exact same artwork on many cars in a row gives away that it was done right there.

DON'T leave empty cans at the spot, or get lazy about tossing them just a few feet out of sight. They will be seen by workers and noted. Dead giveaway.

DON'T test out your paint on the rocks, wall, ground, or rails right by the train. Another dead giveaway that painting happens right there. (I test my caps/cans on some unrelated part of the SAME car I am painting: the wheels or suspension, a pipe that hangs down, whatever.)

DON'T tag or bomb the walls, buildings, electrical boxes, trees or anything else near the yard, tracks, layup or wherever, unless the area is already crushed anyway. Another dead giveaway.

DON'T leave any other evidence besides the piece you just painted. Take your dirty glove away with you, throw it away somewhere else. If a can gushed or dripped on the rocks by the track, toss those rocks away, bury them, scatter em around, whatever.

DON'T paint over the numbers on freights - weight limits, reporting marks, hazmat info, or the little black box which is usually near the right end of the car as viewed from the side. This doesn't necessarily give a clue as to where the car was painted, but makes workers more interested in busting someone's ass. It also forces the railroad company to take the car out of service long enough to get those numbers restamped back on there, they are required by law to have that info displayed, and if the costs of repainting numbers add up enough they'll hire more railroad security and put heat on everyone.

RECON.

One thing you should do after finding a spot, but before painting it, is go down there with no paint on you, scope out the whole area: trees, paths, fences, escape routes, and not just the physical layout but stay awhile and/or check in several times a week to find out when it gets switched, what time local businesses close for the night, when trains go by, stuff like that that clues you in to a good time/way to hit it up.

CONCLUSION.

The goal is to not let anyone know that trains get painted at a certain spot. You want workers to think that any pieces on that line rolled in from somewhere else. And even if you do everything right, and they smell the fresh paint of the pieces, you might be okay anyway because, since you stayed off the numbers, didn't leave cans for them to trip over, etc. they won't care enough to report it.

Following these fairly simple guidelines keeps spots chill, avoids beef, and extends the life of the freight scene.

have a question about "samller operations" the yard/layup in my area is a "fast frieght hub" its also on joint trackage... now ive seen workers and what i belive to be a bull...im still doing "recon" for the layup the yard is verry small only like 4 or 5 lines. however up the way a little bit the lines goes into another yard a bigger one, the lay up is located next to several industrial plants... but is in the middle of the woods and looks as if it cant be traveled by normal cars or even trucks...but ive also seen workers bieng picked up by people to take them further up the line....and ive actually been seen by workrs in the yard(which i dont plan on painting) while i was benching...they seemed nice enough...however if they knew why i was there im sure itd be a diffrent story....graff rolls through from everywhere so, im not so worried about people seing new stuff on trains...i dont think theyd know eithere way...its a realativly samll town and there are no other writers here....ive checked...now keeping your advice in mind... what actions do you think i should take to further safe guard my "spot" once all recon is done?

dont leave yer trash in the yard or anything that lets workers know you were there. this includes painting objects near or around the yard. Im sure this has been stated numerous times. on a side note one time i found a syringe...if i see cans on the ground I pick them up...i left the syringe though. I agree with swindle, rolling nowhere def knows whats up. im jus a new jack.

• 2 months later...

Archived