...AMNESIAC....

mental invalid

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"Life In A Glasshouse" is really growing on me. I like songs with lots of trumpets on it like "The National Anthem". I'm even starting to like "Crushd Tin Box"... that song gives you that heartbroken feeling that hurts but sorta feels good inside. Can't quite explain it...

"i'll take back what i said. i was stressed driving the car fighting w/ crazy sixers fans trying to get home when i heard it. upon further listening it is beutiful in its complexitys...(how about that?)"-.H.

....its puts a smyle on face dood......

...'beautiful in its complexitys', yeah i hear that, beautifully complex like all of us...roe

"i jumped in the river and what did I see?

black-eyed angels swimming with me

a moon full of stars and astral cars

all the figures i used to see

all my lovers were there with me

all my past and futures

and we all went to heaven in a little row boat"

-r.H.-pyramid song-for those who dont know

....beautiful in its complexitys indeed.....

"...I think the more I listen to Kid A, the more I like it..."-.S.

....i think thats definitely the point...the reason i luv them so is cause they challenge you to come to grips with their ideas, if you wanna be spoon fed chew on pop shit...they dont give a fuck...if youre not gonna give the same effort in listenin' that they did in creatin' then they would rather you buy something else...and i dont know if you can even really begin to understand something like KidA until you let it swim around your head for a year...now thats beautifully complex...i mean you can have that initial ' oh my god i luv it ' but it aint the same as 'oh my god i get it'....roe

"Crushd Tin Box...that song gives you that heartbroken feeling that hurts but sorta feels good inside. Can't quite explain it...

-S.-

---sorry everyone, but everytyme i go back into the thread one of you 'heads' drop an thought that i really feel---roe

Guest beardo

OH GOD! I CANT STOP LISTENING!!!

i magiclly like kid A a whole lot more after hearing this new album. when kidA came out i loved it so much but i found it so depressing i couldnt listen to it much. coulda been just my state of being at the time, which i think it was. now i listen and its got a kind of despirate optimism (to me)and its really growing on me.

i think i could have stood for one best album of all time rather the 2 shorter cds.

hypothetic scenerio.. if you could put the 2 cds (kida and amnesiac) into one, what tracks would you pick? im at work so i dont really have time to do it right now but i'll definately get back later.

Guest beardo

right on you invalid bastard.

i understand that they did it separate for a reason, and that is why i love the doods so much. challanging their audience.

i really need to backtrack and catch up on my radiohead obsession. i totally got sidetracked when i got into phish.

"i totally got sidetracked when i got into phish."

-HAHAHA! it was all that 'crazy' tea and green stinkie shit they were feedin while on tour beardo! HAHA! mad tea parties indeed! welcome back though, but i got a feeling were gonna drop into that kinda place with r.H. too, i dont think theres a choice really...its to consumin'...dont forget to pack...its gonna be a crazy trip!..everyones welcome, but only the strong will make it out with their minds intact!!!!

hahahaha!

-rOe

Guest the heebie jeebies

uh.. the new album is good and everything. i really don't see the relvence for a critique of the album to be posted on this board, but whatever. my favorite song by far, on amneisac, is number five (i might be wrong).

Guest the heebie jeebies
Originally posted by scienxe:

i dont have money nor do i think its on vinyl in the US =/

-scienxe

your wrong.. it comes as two '10 inch records in a gatefold pull out cover deal. it's pretty nice.

have you seen the limited edition book version, or how did many people buy this version. i got the regular cd version, but got to check out the little book and it's quite a nice end product in terms of design and layout of compact disc packaging..

"uh.. the new album is good and everything. i really don't see the relvence for a critique of the album to be posted on this board, but whatever. my favorite song by far, on amneisac, is number five (i might be wrong)."

-really, and why is that? last tyme i checked we were on channel zero, right? and if you see no revelance then why share your opinion? have you looked at the other topics in this section...sorry i dont need bad blood, but i also dont need to read lame posts...esp. after all the other heavy shit thats being dropped by heads...id rather you rant and rave and give and indepth look at why it sucked...then post the 'critique'that you did...cause if u see no revelance to the thread, then i kant really see any revelance in reading what ya got to say, which isnt much at all.....sorry dood....

-rOe

ps-...the graf related shit, if thats your issue, is one the third rail...welcome to the board.....

sorry-i wanted to add the fact that limited edition is amazing...some really powerful imagery going on...i flipped through it in the lite of the full moon the other nite, and it really began to make sense.....

[This message has been edited by mental invalid (edited 06-08-2001).]

haven't heard the whole thing but I feel it to death. I also don't have any money so i can't cop it for awhile, unless my girl buys it for me or something. She's going to see them in washington state in a couple weekends. Damn, I always miss the good ish.

Beardo-dood i thought you knew! hell they got one to for kidA, actually i think theres one for every album, im not sure though...fuck it man if u want the ed., drop the one you got now on one of your boys who doesnt know, but should, and get out and get the special ed...really though b. its everything ya got, just a different package man....i hope everyone has amnesiactic weekend...peace....rOe

PS-

Teister-GO TO THE GORGE- that place is so dope, i saw phish there a couple years ago, im from the east, and man we dont have venues like that! its gonna be rockin, and fuck it you kind find a ticket there....but ya scrape some loot up man, and get this album, your ears will thank you...rOe

..."i think i could have stood for one best album of all time rather the 2 shorter cds."

-B.

ya know man i threw this questions around in my head for awhile....and i realize and i think you did to, but they had to be 2 different cds...and i quote you mr.beardo:

"i magiclly like kidA a whole lot more after hearing this new album."

...there is nothing magic about that...i felt that way...its about art with intent...musicians with purpose...its building and progressin'...its the raod they want you to travel...i remember hearin thom talk about morning bell, and the reason they did it twice, was cause he said the 2nd version had appeared outta nowhere from a completely different place and it had to be given its due, and its really amazin, cause you feel that way...they are the same song but at the same tyme they are two completely different universes...anyway, can ya tell i can discuss these doods all day...work what work...ive got more important things to discuss and think about....besides if u put both records together it would been to much for me to absorb, some aspect woulda been lost, i guess like mom said small bites and chew your food well... plus i woulda gone fukin insane man!

"desperate optimism"-b.

PERFECT-ya know you fuckin' 'heads' are droppin some serious ideas and are so right on in your thoughts...ive always felt that but had a hard tyme describing it, like smylin in the face of chaos...so ill probably use it..with due credit ofcourse...

sorry beardo i kant put one cd together, there arent enuff hours in the day for me to think about that....smilin on a friday...rOe

Guest beardo

invalid.. i have phish at the gorge in '97 if that was the show you were at and are interested.

set II is one of my favorites

8-2-97 gorge amp

3 blind mice>

down with disease>

tweezer (oh my god!)>

down with disease>

johnny b goode

sparkle

velvet sea

loving cup

tweezer reprise

e: harry hood (awesome)

ring a bell?? let me know

Mental Invalid, you need to check out Mojo Magazine... HUGE Radiohead interview. Just page after page all about their music. They seem to compare everything to Ok Computer. I remember it said The Pyramid song is a lot like Everything In Its Right Place? I don't agree...

I don't think Kid A is a depressing album... The National Anthem and Idioteque is so upbeat. Fuck I love it... so many good memories.

beardo-my show was in 99, i think, and please dont aske me about set lists, hehehe, my memory at phish shows is a little, hmmm, hazy shall we say....

...yo secret thanks for the tip, ill see if i can scope it, and then maybe we can bs about it...always love getting a radio 'heads' perspective....by the way, i loved you in your movie...i hope you win the academy...hehehe.....to f-ing much!

....oh and still rockin amnesiac and still think itll either save me from or drive me to-insanity.....and i luv it-rOe

Archived