Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GLIK$

Dirty, you may know...

or others, your help is wanted, i just picked dirty because he seems to have an abundance of knowledge when dealing with computers.

Recently when i start up my ol comp my CD Rom and CD Burners dissapear, i go into my BIOS and even that wont read them, but if i unplug the IDE cable and replug it, the fuckers are there.

Help me?

Originally posted by Glik0

but if i unplug the IDE cable and replug it, the fuckers are there.

So what's the problem?

i dont feel like leaving my side panel off and having to do this every fucking two weeks when i reboot my comp.

Virus scan your system. Some viruses can change bios settings. I'm not sure, but you could try changing that little watch battery on the mother board too. Tell me if that works.

no virii, i think it may be my IDE cable, because when i unplug it and re plug it, it works, shit i think im just gonna buy a new burner, i mean $99 for a 48x isnt that bad i think this 8x is a lil old any hoo.

see that could work, because i just built this new computer, and i put my burner on top and my cd rom on the bottom, but in the old one it was reversed. thanks for the :idea:

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this