thats no lifestyle kid, Its an endorsement.

Guest angry xbox

Guest angry xbox

That no lifestyle kid, its an endorsement.

I’d really like to touch on a subject here that is in dire need of an intelligent criticism. MTV’s “the real world” is an absolute negative portrayal of a convincing life style that any American lives. In fact it is a fantastical expression of what we or most of us would like to dwell in. My question to them is who exactly lives in a house like that and parties in that fashion when they are not in front of a camera.

It’s funny to watch these young and naïve kids get thrown into these trivial situations. I watch “the real world” every now and again just to get a sense of anguish and resentment for my country. Now I understand that this is not an actual existence of our nation. However one who is an adolescent or young adult might be led to believe that life really is like that. They put these shallow and transparent people on these shows that have material complexes. When faced with some serious ethical and moral decisions, their logic is blatantly thrown out the window. Who is going to actively depict themselves as some sexually free character who likes getting it from both ways in real life??

In my experiences, it’s been the partiers and the kids who came from promiscuous homes. These are the type of people who do it for attention and make it obvious to everyone around but themselves, through their illogical decisions. There is a certain aspect of a person who has this sort of mindless complex that allows them to drown out reality and justify their behavior. Such as “I’m on TV now and I’m going to be famous so let it be, that I can do what I want and I will be respected…” and so on. Why would you put your life on a pedestal for all to make fun of and imitate. You are only destroying further what is already gone.

Now don’t get me wrong, I understand people are entitled to their own choice of living but are you making that choice? Or was it deeply embedded in you from the early days of watching Music Television. What you don’t see here is that MTV is no longer music. It’s some sad quasi-liberal hogwash based on promiscuous college life. Kids tune into this channel to get entertained and enthralled about what life is like beyond the womb. Although what they do see is that sex is cool, real cool and with multiple partners, and that getting drunk and acting a fool is okay as well. Sure you can put up a disclaimer but who pays attention to any of that. The people who forced ratings on the media in the first place are the same people who endorse the same lifestyle.

MTV is making money off of the ignorance and stupidity in the minds of this nation’s young people. It’s a sad tale of selling your soul for fame. This network bastardizes musical cultures and endorses trendy behavior. Buy your fun at an inflated price this week but save up because it’s going out of style. Next week being a cross dressing priest will be cool but it’s just a trend so it’s really not saying anything. MTV is pop culture if you can even call that a culture but hey live life before you die get drunk and really high. Have consensual and casual sex and don’t forget to imitate everything you hear and see these puppets do on your television. MTV is revolutionizing the subliminal messaging that tears away at real freedom of speech. You have to think about what comes across the screen now, because it’s no longer entertainment but an endorsement in a big circle of money.

Who’s making money off of these trends? The same people who are out to condition young minds to think that these lifestyles are where it’s at. It is the same people who are mocking and abusing liberal media for financial gains and not looking back at the consequences. If it really is profit over people then it really is trend over individuality. So one day when you are knocked up or paying child support from your job as a career griddle cook you might remember that it doesn’t pay to pay for fun and if you think for once you might really live for once.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a stupid idea: make a character for a popular children's television program with a sexually transmitted disease targeted to kids who don't know what sex is. What ever happened to cartoons and characters who didn't have AIDS or some crippling disease? That's exactly what ruined the new Ghostbusters cartoon, "Extreme Ghostbusters." Instead of keeping true to the original series, they went off and changed all the characters and made them EXTREME. You have a black guy, a hispanic guy, a woman and a cripple. Please. You could sleep with a Thai hooker and experience less diversity than a 20 minute episode of Ghostbusters EXTREME. What the hell makes it so "extreme" anyway? Why can't they just make characters in cartoons like they used to: without "extreme" attitude? I can just picture the creative force behind the series brain storming: "Hmm.. what can we do to make this more extreme? How about we add a woman to the cast! Wait wait... not extreme enough, let's make her hair blue! And let's make one of the characters a cripple.. no wait, make that an EXTREME cripple." If they want to pull this shit, why don't they do it with something other than Ghostbusters? They could make an entirely new show devoted to it and they could make every character have AIDS or herpes or some debilitating disease. Nevermind the concept of super heroes, we have to focus on appeasing the quota of diversity (super heroes aren't diverse enough).

Well I say, why stop at AIDS? To help out the creators of the new character with AIDS, I went ahead and made some sample characters that I hope will be used in Sesame Street in the future. I just hope they're "extreme" enough:

Candy the Crack Whore Follow the adventures of Candy the crack whore as she gives head for smack. Kids will love this rambunctious character because they never know when she's going to throw up or go into a coma next. She can help kids learn a valuable lesson about the street price of drugs and how to take care of the skank bitch that encroaches on your territory for business. Candy will also teach kids how to be resourceful by showing them how to abandon their unwanted babies on people's door steps or in dumpsters (whichever is more convenient). The possibilities are endless with Candy the crack whore.

Douglas the dumbass highschool jock Help kids learn about the damage an over-emphasis on athletics can cause with Douglas, the dumbass highschool jock. Kids will be delighted as they watch Douglas stumble through the educational system being favored over other students with real prospects as he miraculously passes one class after another due to lax requirements, an apathetic faculty and mediocre expectations. Douglas the dumbass will touch children's hearts everywhere leaving a lasting foot print when he finally gets his GED and lands his first and last job as a clerk at a grocery store where he lives out the rest of his life bagging groceries for class mates who had the foresight to know that nobody gives a shit about athletics outside of highschool. Douglas will eventually become a store manager and marry one of the girls he knocked up in school, essentially confirming that his existence was unnecessary.

Lou the money laundering lardass Lou the money laundering lardass will captivate children everywhere with his life of excess consumption, greed and lack of ethics as he screws hundreds and thousands of employees and share holders out of pensions and investments with shady book keeping and inflated profit forecasts. Kids will learn the importance of lying, kissing ass and sleeping their way to the top of the corporate ladder so that they too can one day get paid $200,000 to golf and occasionally sit through a meeting every other week. Lou will teach kids how to take advantage of loop holes in tax laws to avoid paying taxes and supplement his already bloated income while allowing the people who make the least in the country to subsidize his tax evasion with a percentage of their meager income.

If we're going to have a muppet with AIDS, why stop there? Why not teach kids other important life lessons? Like the fact that it doesn't matter how hard they work, they'll never make it big unless they have the right connections.

Guest angry xbox
Originally posted by Glik0

but i bet you'll still try to comform us wont you?

god youre pure at heart.

you are the one who is trying to avoid conformity by illogiccally rebelling agaisnt the wrong things but then again maybe you just get humor out of talking shit to people for no good reason. Either way i dont give a fuck about conforming anyone that is what i speak against does. So i dont think you hav the capacity at this time to understand what im trying to touch on in weither of these articcles.

dont take it the wrong way or think im trying to insult you. I mjsut making an observation.

Originally posted by angry xbox

you are the one who is trying to avoid conformity by illogiccally rebelling agaisnt the wrong things but then again maybe you just get humor out of talking shit to people for no good reason. Either way i dont give a fuck about conforming anyone that is what i speak against does. So i dont think you hav the capacity at this time to understand what im trying to touch on in weither of these articcles.

dont take it the wrong way or think im trying to insult you. I mjsut making an observation.

and we applaud you, now let mother guide you off the short bus and type your next 'intelligent interjection'

political correction has gotten to a point where it is imperitive for a companys survival that they illustrate a cartoon with a black guy and the cripple and the hispanic, it isnt just recently that this has been happening, look back at captain planet, or the burger king kids club.... circa early 90's. shits going down the tubes and at the other end of a seemingly broad spectrum thats no deeper than a puddle after a quick rain shower, you have mtv's selfish promotion of self destruction. "there is nothing beautiful about axploitation" promiscuis sex is a killer, look at the statistics the aids rate rises, single parent rate rises, domestic abuse... rising, i'm willing to wager also that the marraige rate has dropped and if hasnt then the divorce rate has surely risen. MTV is endorsing a society with no structural value, morals or ethics. Drinking has become the number one thing to do at schools in your spare time... i'm 19 and i just went to my first party... it was the saddest display of humanity ever. granted one may say, "wow, all these people here having a great time" what they dont see is that its just the alcohol making people loud obnoxious old pals. alcohol is a killer, an addictive viscious killer. whatever i am trying to say i have surely lost sight of so i will stop. angry xbox i thank you immensely for at least bringing this to peoples attention.

maybe i see things differently then everyone else on this board but having freinds at the age of 16 and 17 with 2 kids, having your freind come crying to your house when your 8 because his dad is passed out and nearly dead on the floor from coke... i am just watching the world crumble around me, every day i see heroin fiends, and prostitutes. theres your fun youth going down in flames when you lose your self worth and demoralize yourself to the point where you sell your body to buy drugs or booze. the point where people are robbing each other for drugs. where 8 and 10 year olds are being raped at your painting spots. i dont take these things lightly, graffiti has saved me to some degree from this tragedy called life... and its a shame that the mtv generation is seeing it now. it's too late for them. maybe someday they may see it... but its too late. Drink away assholes...

Guest angry xbox

I seriously hope you kids die deaths of horror where you see the world before you but cant move to touch it. Narrowmindedness needle dick attitudes like you will surely destroy our cities and make us look worse to the asians than we already are. I dont cut and paste anything son and i would think it proposterous and extremley pompous of you punks to say that i would do that. it only falsley secures a sad sick desperation of how irrespective you are of yourself, so you find it neccassary to insult others. Well one day i hope it hurts you enough to kill your soul forever. At least one person read and agreed with me on this light but kids like you are the types these power hungry lords are looking for. insecure, unintelligently inclined, ignorant, lazy, weak minded, and weak in general. FUCK OFF if you think im copying and pasting you are welcomed to AIM and have a discussion with me or better yet ill give you myt number over aim and you can talk to me and see i aint no fake.

MSN: l0rdka0s@hotmail.com

Archived