THE CROMAGS/BAD BRAINS LIVE IN NYC

charlie dundar

A COUPLE OF CHUMS,AND I TOOK IN THE SOLD OUT SHOW LAST NIGHT.THE CROMAGS WERE SICK.AND THE ''SOUL BRAINS'' PUT ON A GOOD SHOW.PLAYING A FULL SET LIST[uNLIKE WHAT I HEARD WENT DOWN IN PHILLY].ALTHOUGH H.R. WAS ALL BUGGED OUT.DONNING AN ADIDAS JUMP SUIT,A CLOAK OR SOME SORT,AND A HAT THAT LOOKED LIKE IT BELONGED TO ONE OF THE THREE WISE MEN.IT WAS WORTH IT CONSIDERING THE SHAKEY NATURES OF BOTH BANDS,THEY MAY BREAKUP FOR GOOD.ANYWAY I OVERHEARD CIV SAY''MAN HR'S GETTING OLD''AND BOUNCE .WHILE H.R. BLEW KISSES ON SOME LOVE ISH.THE PIT DURING THE CROMAG ARMY'S SET WAS INSANE[NO LOVE HERE] WITH HARLEY SCREAMING ''NEW YORK CITY GET THE FUCK UP''.AND THEY DID JUST THAT WITH ALL SORTS OF OLD SCHOOL''I HAVEN'T BEEN TO A SHOW IN YEARS''TYPE CRAZY MOTHERFUCKERS BRINGING BACK THEIR PATENTED MOVES IN FULL FURY.HONESTLY I WAS JUST ATTEMPTING NOT TO GET MY ASS KICKED DURING THIS PORTION OF THE PROGRAM.OH,CANDIRIA WAS INTERESTING IN THE OPENING SLOT.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

man...I heard rumors about the cro-mags/bad brains shows but I didn't know it was for real. Damn!!

My brother took me to see bad brains on the quickness tour.....i was scared shitless of HR.

Good to see other writers in here with there roots in punk rock/hardcore.

------------------

Support Black and White Zines!

DEAD IN THE DIRT

speaking of brutal shows, me and my friends travelled 8 hours to columbus ohio to see the oath, xlimpwristx, the awakening (is that right? ), and some other band that were assholes. it was fucking brutal. basement show but completely packed. all of my piercings were bleeding and i got a windmill to the face, but damn it was good. the awakening (or whoever) is really coming up. if you like from ashes rise (nashville!!!) or tragedy style stuff, these guys deserve a listen. xlimpwristx was flaming as usual and damn fucking good (yay philly!) while the oath was just plain fucking brutal. not a second was there not another person on top of me or me on someone else. it was ridiculous. the best show i've been to in a while and definitely the best basement show i've ever been to. the columbus scene, although deluged with drama, is fucking huge. oh hey did anyone catch the undying in philly? what about the faint? im seeing the faint in baltimore monday on my way back up to philly. peace out

-radix

I saw the Cromags here a lil while ago good fucking show.....I never mosh and I had to drop even tho the violence in the pit was beyond moshing and straight fighting...facking hamilton kids lol.

DEATH THREAT ON THE 29THHH!!!!!!!!!!1 get yo smack on fuckkas

ooohhhh.....my little brothers going to catch that soon....i belive bane will be making an apperance....i hope that little fucker can handle it, guess well find out when he gets back....heheh

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

Originally posted by boogie hands:

ooohhhh.....my little brothers going to catch that soon....i belive bane will be making an apperance....i hope that little fucker can handle it, guess well find out when he gets back....heheh

bane is horrible...i dont get why kids go so crazy about them?

you are kidding me right??? oh well.....different strokes for different folks......you cant tell me they dont have musical talent though.......im also the guy who liked the jeromes dream acoustic album so go figure.....

------------------

first boogie....what jeromes dream acoustic...

second mentioning limp wrist, super good shit...crudos for life.

we need a sign for flamimg straight edgers.. like FXjasonFX. im not really gay though.

i saw tragedy in philly. they were ok. from ashes rises is good shit. they played the apartment here in wilmington. goodness it was the diggy.

and yea bane is shitty as hell. thats my like middle school for a week hardcore.

it wasnt..earth crsis for about 2 days, then bane...then i found the good stuff...

anyone like some neil perry.

heh....i have no idea why i said accoustic......the album i was speaking of was the jeromes dream/ the one am radio split....nice and melodic.....ahhhhhhh

------------------

Originally posted by idontwantnopigeons:

first boogie....what jeromes dream acoustic...

second mentioning limp wrist, super good shit...crudos for life.

we need a sign for flamimg straight edgers.. like FXjasonFX. im not really gay though.

i saw tragedy in philly. they were ok. from ashes rises is good shit. they played the apartment here in wilmington. goodness it was the diggy.

and yea bane is shitty as hell. thats my like middle school for a week hardcore.

it wasnt..earth crsis for about 2 days, then bane...then i found the good stuff...

anyone like some neil perry.

neil perry is awsome..how bout love lost but not forgotten?...anyone seen them fuckers?.crazy. bane sucks,no we cant start again.

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOoooOOOOOOO

Three bands that i wanted to see before i left america. Bane cro mags and bad brains..and the FUCKING SHOW IS POSTPONED till the 25th. i can't go anymore..ill be down in Florida by then...

and i spent money on a goddamn ticket.

sigh.....least i got to see bane a few months ago..

Originally posted by ink Lunatic:

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOoooOOOOOOO

Three bands that i wanted to see before i left america. Bane cro mags and bad brains..and the FUCKING SHOW IS POSTPONED till the 25th. i can't go anymore..ill be down in Florida by then...

and i spent money on a goddamn ticket.

sigh.....least i got to see bane a few months ago..

bane sucks...anybody ever been to a show in rochester?...kids here love bane and i fuckin hate it...i wish we had bands that are not american nightmare or shark attack play here more often.though i heard pig destroyer might be comin soon. and neil perry played a while ago.owell,,any onw know wat the hxc scene is like in pittsburgh?im moving there in august..just curious.

im glad to see some fellow listeners of the good stuff among so many retards in this website...myself included...cro-mags/bad brains rokked the fuck out of albany tuesday and i wont ever be the same...i flipped out for sailin on' and had some great times amidst the cro-mags pit...man that was a great experiance...and as for the oath...fucking amazing, the best set ive ever seen in the 4 years ive been going to shows...theyre touring with the locust in europoe and maybe a few east coast shows ij the fall...a no-miss situation mos definitly...

livin la vida chocha...love jedi

------------------

~~<{(j3di)}>~~W

~~<{(jetz)}>~~A

~~<{(6k)}>~~T

~~<{(hasp)}>~~P

hah lifetime, thats funny about bane and american nightmare. they both suck, but a kid i know in philly if friends with american nightmare so they are cool people i guess. im not sure, but their music isnt the best. neil perry is good, i live in wilmington nc, they were supposed to play with usurp and violence takes refuge..or something like that. they ran out of money i guess, so the violence takes refuge band jsut ended up showing up at a random show which was new terror class nad played. good stuff they were fun. but yea love lost but not forgotten is good stuff. do you like i am the resurrection. i wanna see them. i like lots of screaming at one time....screaming and feedback ayayayay.

Archived