Amores Perros

Guest BROWNer

quality flick.

not only did they explore the horrors of young teenage wildwomen, but they also explored the root causes, and there was some decent non-hollywood resolution.

i think most ladies will relate well to this one.

it's a good insider's look at the cliques of young girls and their inner workings...

(much better than a lot of other attempts at exploration of morally bankrupt youth in america)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

If you liked Amores check out Y Tu Mama Tambien. Love that movie...liked it better than amores (same director). Then there's also El Crimen Del Padre______(4got his last name).

I always want to rent sex and lucia but never know how good it is. Since most of you like it, I think I'll go check it out 2nite.

And if you liked Winged Migration (which I have yet to see) definitely see Baraka. I think it was one of the most beautiful movies i've ever seen.

On the blood and gore tip, check out the Japanese movie Battle Royale. Quite possibly the goriest movie I've ever witnessed (very entertaining)

Originally posted by CinchedWaist

If you liked Amores check out Y Tu Mama Tambien. Love that movie...liked it better than amores (same director). Then there's also El Crimen Del Padre______(4got his last name).

I always want to rent sex and lucia but never know how good it is. Since most of you like it, I think I'll go check it out 2nite.

And if you liked Winged Migration (which I have yet to see) definitely see Baraka. I think it was one of the most beautiful movies i've ever seen.

On the blood and gore tip, check out the Japanese movie Battle Royale. Quite possibly the goriest movie I've ever witnessed (very entertaining)

el crimen del padre amaro i believe

yea, and the guy from amores and tambien ain't too bad lookin himself.

I rented sex and lucia last night and thought....it was ok. It felt really long b/c how they kept on cutting the scenes.

What i'm wondering is...why is it that most of the guys in movies aren't nearly as good looking as the women? Take Sex and Lucia....Lucia (and the other girl) was beautiful, and she gets matched up with the goofy lookin guy. Too many movies are like this. I know everyone has different opinions on what good-looking is, but why is it that the men usually seem a few points below the woman?

I also rented "talk to her." Going to watch it tonight.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Since we're on a Spanish/Latin America trip here and things are shaping up well i recomend to all of you the movie "The Dancer Upstairs", its a dope police movie directed by John Malcovich and starring Javier Bardem (if you dont know, you better axe somebody).

Browner, Mamski and Tearzs in the front row.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Nah, with gummi bears. So I can throw a few and watch them get stuck on the screen.

That sounds fucking ill Tess, I'll keep an eye out for it... Javier Bardem is one of my favorite actors, dude is fucking deadly (and Browner knows this... can you say "Before Night Falls"?). There's a new one out right know with him on the lead, called "Los Lunes al Sol", playing at the local indie theater, but since it appears to be about practically nothing at all (it's about middle aged guys who suddenly get laid off and have absolutely nothing to do with their lives, so they just like, sit around and talk about stuff), none of my friends was too hyped. Might have to go solo.

Guest imported_Tesseract

You above all will love the fuckin movie....Bardem is off the hook as a cop and he's dealing with the weirdest revolution in south america...imagine all kinds of crazy encoded 'street signs'..imagine fireworks in the sky as signals for the next move....nigga, imagine that if instead of photoshop you were doing revolutions it would look like that!...

i'll go with you mams.

y tu didn't tazer the bozack either. but it was 'good'. funny/entertaining.

dancer upstairs, you know i've been waiting for this shit,

and it's out on vidtronicsz next tuesday(or was it 2 days ago?)..

i'll be coppin' that shat.

ps-my copy of the brakhage dvd just came in. i don't have dvd player

though, but this shit is sure to fuck my head off. $70 for some of the

illest art ever? i think so matey's.

Guest imported_Tesseract

theres always two, a master and an apprentice...word...i juts hope the long wait for the film wont give you the great expectations syndrome...i'm kinda sure you'll dig it and i say kinda cause last film i thought you'd dig caught you sleepin'...

As far a Pedro Almodovar goes...i dunno, overated in my opinion..

• 2 months later...
Guest imported_Tesseract

So i watched Cannes Festival Palm d'ore winner "Elelphant" by gus van sant last night. The movie is about the columbine high incident, a fictional movie-style version of moore's "bowling for columbine"...only worse, way worse...really bad. I really got out of the theater feeling i dropped 7 euros and 2 hours in the trash..Palm D'ore? its either that euros are so antiamerican they get biased like a bitch or i dont even wanna think about how crappy the competition in Cannes would be...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest imported_El Mamerro

Copped "21 Grams" last night, finally. Pretty fucking good stuff... I was actually severely unimpressed during the first 40 minutes or so (partly due to my familiarity with "Amores Perros" and Iñarritu's fractured storytelling, which made this one seem less innovative, even though it's WAY more fractured than AP), but eventually the whole thing comes together beautifully and gives you a solid punch in the face. It's incredible how Iñarritu can show you certain kinds of imagery that seem completely trivial at first, then he tells you a story, and finally shows you the exact same imagery, now loaded with meaning and significance... powerful stuff.

If I hadn't seen "Amores Perros", I'd be going completely nuts over this one... But since many elements of that movie carry over, at times I was thinking to myself "I've seen this before, done better earlier in AP". The acting though, especially Naomi Watts, fucking kills it. She completely floors both Penn and Del Toro, which I wasn't expecting at all. Def worth watching.

werd, good to hear mams.

i saw "de la calle" the other day and wasn't very impressed. it was directed by gerardo tort, and there seemed to be quite a bit of "influence" present. the movie felt stale, but it was highly praised.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived