Andre The Giant Has A Posse (OBEY)

Guest SaddamInsane

Guest SaddamInsane
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like his art, his posters are dope and his efforts are sick, but it is a little odd because your never sure whos actually putting em up, but whatever you have to respect the way he spread his shit around like propaganda and have kids putting his name up for him. and it still is his art even if soemone else is puttign it up.

Obey is such big trend. its sad to see someone's art that you like become such a commodity, but at the same time i'm glad that one more artist is able to avoid the 9-5 routine and make his living off of what he does. he gets all of my best wishes. i only wish that all the kids buying the clothing line could understand the passion and effort that goes into street art.

the man is fucking briliant....tons of kids put up his stuff now. and maybe not everyone agrees with that or thinks that that is "keeping it real" or what ever. but he started out just like all of us.doing it all by himself right here in providence. <<side note>> i believe he started it all with a 10 foot whole body poster of andre the giant going over a picture of mayer cianci on a bilboard when he was first running for office... i think thats fukking hot. and hes done good for himself since then... whats wrong with that? dont you wish you could sit back make your art all day and get paid for it.... i know i do. i say he got out...good for him.

x what!?!

Originally posted by dontbeSKER'd

the man is fucking briliant....tons of kids put up his stuff now. and maybe not everyone agrees with that or thinks that that is "keeping it real" or what ever. but he started out just like all of us.doing it all by himself right here in providence. <<side note>> i believe he started it all with a 10 foot whole body poster of andre the giant going over a picture of mayer cianci on a bilboard when he was first running for office... i think thats fukking hot. and hes done good for himself since then... whats wrong with that? dont you wish you could sit back make your art all day and get paid for it.... i know i do. i say he got out...good for him.

x what!?!

i think its fuckin dope. first of all he makes hella money from the kids buying his merchandise, then they go and post up all his shit also.

Guest FACE WON

idiots.....you kids go ahead and give him money and do his dirty work,that dudes a poser, and stop calling it art there is nothing artistic about it.now Ron English is a whole differnt story,um you might even say it was art and not some crappy poster...but what do i know im not sixteen and stupid!!

Guest uncle-boy

obey is the shit.

getting mad ups, whether its him or not. he's the one reaping the fame.

and getting paid.

good work, i wish i could do the same.

Re: whose work? He pays kids to paste for him...

dustfiend, you have it quite backwards, there are alot of kids paying him for his posters and pasting them up. i respect him, because hes got seriouse fucking ups, wether or not he put up all the posters, he must be doing somthing right if everyone wants to do it for him. i dont see you up in every major city in the us.

Re: Re: whose work? He pays kids to paste for him...

Originally posted by dosoner

dustfiend, you have it quite backwards, there are alot of kids paying him for his posters and pasting them up. i respect him, because hes got seriouse fucking ups, wether or not he put up all the posters, he must be doing somthing right if everyone wants to do it for him. i dont see you up in every major city in the us.

Ahem, he does pay people to paste for him. Deal with it. Whatever his sheep acolyte fans do on their own free time matters not at all to me.

What he's doing right is meaningless self-promotion. That's his trip, and yes it's up. He can say 'phenomenology' and make his point across to the art school kids, but it's not graff. So who cares? It may as well be a Pepsi logo - do you respect Pepsi for having "ups"? Honestly, my only beef with it is that it's boring as hell.

Re: Re: Re: whose work? He pays kids to paste for him...

Originally posted by dustfiend

Ahem, he does pay people to paste for him. Deal with it. Whatever his sheep acolyte fans do on their own free time matters not at all to me.

What he's doing right is meaningless self-promotion. That's his trip, and yes it's up. He can say 'phenomenology' and make his point across to the art school kids, but it's not graff. So who cares? It may as well be a Pepsi logo - do you respect Pepsi for having "ups"? Honestly, my only beef with it is that it's boring as hell.

pepsi has billions of dollars backing their advertising campaign. sheppard fairey doesnt (altho he no doubt has more now than when be started)....still....its one person spreading propaganda and advertising themself to the point that people, including you, compare them to the likes of pepsi, nike, etc...pretty impressive and not at all a boring concept if you ask me....which you didnt

Archived