did anyone see the bush clip on the daily show?

Guest fr8lover

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

<span style='color:skyblue'>Here's a vignette we're dying to see on the ABC broadcast of Sunday's Ford's Theatre Presidential Gala: When Stevie Wonder sat down at the keyboard center stage, President Bush in the front row got very excited. He smiled and started waving at Wonder, who understandably did not respond. After a moment Bush realized his mistake and slowly dropped the errant hand back to his lap.

"I know I shouldn't have," a witness told us yesterday, "but I started laughing."

</span>

godbless the daily show and jon stewart!! that fucking clip had me and my girl rolling on the fucking floor....

ya actually have to see and listen to it, mainly for the way uncomfortable pauses in between his thoughts....hahahahahaha....so funny

and the laura bush couch cushions, all 8 of em, with that embroidered...hhahahaha...

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Dammit, I got RealPlayer and a fast connection and all that biz, but all I can see is like one frame every 5 seconds, and the audio. Anybody else having a problem? Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by El Mamerro

Dammit, I got RealPlayer and a fast connection and all that biz, but all I can see is like one frame every 5 seconds, and the audio. Anybody else having a problem? Beer,

El Mamerro

i can see it fine, thank god...

Originally posted by DITDxCULT

one of my personal faves.

<span style='color:skyblue'>"Children in the taliban are forbidden to fly kites or sing songs or build snowmen." </span>

...Uh, Snowmen Mr.Bush?? Snowmen in Afghanistan???

Not to rain on your parade, but there are mountainous regions in Afghanistan that get lots of snow.

But, yeah, Bush is dumb.

Mr. Mang

It's important that you understand that it's not just one guy. They sold several pallets of cases of 5.56mm and 7.62x39mm in less than eight hours, both Saturday and Sunday. Here in Texas, people bring hand carts to the gun show, to get over the hassle of laboriously carrying several cases of ammunition out to their truck.

Large quantities of ammunition for the AR-15 rifle (5.56mm) and the AK and SKS rifles (7.62x39mm) are seen as investments in liberty. Wars are waged by tactics and strategy, but won by logistics. This ammo is not being expended. It is being buried in caches, and this has been an on-going thing here in Texas since 1993 or '94. I know people who own four or five used HAM handheld radios, and have large quantities of batteries in their freezer, for the same reason. They aren't lawbreakers, and they aren't plotting anything, but they don't intend to be caught without radio batteries if some fucking idiot like Janet Reno suddenly declares rifle ammunition, radio batteries and handguns to be "contraband." I own three or four CB radios myself. I got them cheap at yard sales and garage sales. When the Homeland Security Department decides to shut off the cell phones, I'll still be talking. Does that seem paranoid? Well, I didn't used to feel paranoid until my government started acting like the Constitution didn't exist.

I have a friend in a different neighborhood from where I live who bought enough Ruger Mini-14 rifles to arm every neighbor he is friends with, and all his male relatives. He buys Mini-14's every time he gets a chance. It shoots the same cartridge as the AR-15--the 5.56mm. As each of his grandsons reaches age 16, he allocates a Mini-14 and a case of ammunition to the kid's Dad. If the shit hits the fan, this guy's neighborhood will be well armed. Once in a while somebody on 12 oz. says something like "Fuck yeah! Let's go loot and pillage! I love robbing and rioting!"

This is a really stupid idea, unless you want to be shot dead in the street. Especially in Texas.

it's really funny to me that all of y'all rag on bush like you do...i'm not saying that he's the brightest guy in the world, but fuck, y'all need a little education. do you realize how many procedures the pres has to go through before he can get shit done? y'all act like he's the end all to everything that goes down in this country...you're fucking wrong. that's what his whole fucking cabinet is for.

i realize that it's almost become a national pastime to rag on the president, but look at it like this...who would you rather have, al gore (who's idol, bill fucking clinton, took three months to not do a damn thing in bosnia except waste funds/weapons) or george w. bush, (who's father had the fucking iraqi's surrendering in droves after 11 days?)

fuck y'all, talk all your shit, but this "moron" as you call him is protecting everything you've ever known in the us. fuck you.

Originally posted by freeze

it's really funny to me that all of y'all rag on bush like you do...i'm not saying that he's the brightest guy in the world, but fuck, y'all need a little education. do you realize how many procedures the pres has to go through before he can get shit done? y'all act like he's the end all to everything that goes down in this country...you're fucking wrong. that's what his whole fucking cabinet is for.

i realize that it's almost become a national pastime to rag on the president, but look at it like this...who would you rather have, al gore (who's idol, bill fucking clinton, took three months to not do a damn thing in bosnia except waste funds/weapons) or george w. bush, (who's father had the fucking iraqi's surrendering in droves after 11 days?)

fuck y'all, talk all your shit, but this "moron" as you call him is protecting everything you've ever known in the us. fuck you.

oh, okay...

so i take it you didn't watch the clip then...

Originally posted by freeze

y'all need a little education. do you realize how many procedures the pres has to go through before he can get shit done? y'all act like he's the end all to everything that goes down in this country...you're fucking wrong. that's what his whole fucking cabinet is for.

contradictions:

he's not the end all and he's got all his cabinet and whatnot to do shit for him....but HE is responsible for protecting everything in the us?

What's wrong with "Y'all?"

Down here in the South, it's Y'ALL that sound odd and out of place. You folks talk as though you despise being conformists and loath big business and fat cat capitalists, and yet many of you believe every spiteful lie and disrespectful half-truth told about the South, and Southerners. What, so you think New York has no boneheads? Of course they do. Is there no ignorance in Boston, or Philadelphia?

I'm 51 and I went to integrated schools from elementary school on. The school systems in New York, Chicago, Boston, etc. are largely STILL SEGREGATED. Not by law, but by practice. Mile after mile of New York is 100% black ghetto. NOT SO IN HOUSTON.

Detroit was burned to the ground in 1967 by black rioters. Within five years, the white population just voted with their feet. Downtown Detroit, once the center of American auto manufacturing and home to hundreds of thousands of white auto workers, engineers, job shops, etc., etc. is today mostly a ghost town, and a majority black ghetto. THIRTY-FIVE YEARS it has been essentially abandoned by most of it's white former residents. Scores of downtown skyscrapers built in the '40s and '50s are complete derelicts, boarded up, abandoned.

NOWHERE in the South has anything like this occurred, and yet many of you guys insist that Southerners are ignorant, racists, etc., etc.

We learned to live together, and respect one another for who we are. Can the North say that? Nope. It cannot. In general, the Northern philosophy is all enthusiastic for integration and multi-culturalism---IN THE SOUTH, but "not in MY (northern) back yard." To be honest, I wonder sometimes if we aren't actually two separate nationalities, despite the fact that we all have the same citizenship.

They say we live in the "New South." That sounds pretty good to me. Now we need a "New North" as well.

Guest SPLINTER

kabar you make a lot of sense man. i remember i once told you i wouldnt ever go to war and i never wanted to kill anyone, that still holds true but you made me realise that war may not be faught somewhere far away in a desert but maybe right here in our homeland, if that was to happen then i would join you and your texan buddies to protect our land and homes but never will i leave this land to get killed, especially if some guy that avoided Nam is trying to send me.

Archived