how to succesfully dread your hair

kodak

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by seeking

i cant stand white girls with dreads.

then again, i cant stand 95% of white guys with dreads.

i do not understand why you'd worry about another guys hair being 'pretty, touchably, shiny"

i cant speak for the next man, but

my hair smells like strawberries.

i dont live an 'alternative' lifestyle any more than you do and despite a full sleeve and plenty of piercings, i still work in office buildings, hold corporate jobs, and wear clothes that reads 'dry clean only'...

i dont smoke weed, and i dont listen to any kind of music

that one would associate with dreads.

but then again, what do i know?

Eh, that's good.... I've known quite a few guys and girls that have dreads. They aren't hard to find in places like Austin. Anyway, I wasn't refering to guys having shiney hair or whatnot... I was more talking about girls. Dreads on them makes them look real dirty and rough, which, girls, it isn't necessarily a good thing to look that way.

Good going on the nice job/clothes/hygiene etc..... you're obviously not the typical hippy wearin dreads, not that I ever thought you were. I just really can't stand to be around those typical people, and sadly enough, it turns out that most of them are that way. You know, pot heads, bad attitude, hardcoreness, stinky (yes petchuli is stinky) etc. To add a little more onto my ramblings, my step brother lives with me and he has those dreaded stink locks. He's so alternative.... :barf:

It's my belief that someone is way more attractive if they look clean than if they don't, and that doesn't necessarily have to do with their hair.... but it can have alot to do with their hair. It's kinda like, are you going to get more respect as someone that looks like they give a shit about something, or someone that's just along for the ride? I used to have long hair, and I never once considered putting it in dreads. But... the long hair was bad enough.... It took me a while to figure out that people would prejudge my character based on how I presented myself. Not that those prejudging, or judging at all, types mattered anyway, being that they are not god like beings themselves. Anyway, so I ended up cutting my hair, and getting the "I fit in with the majority now" haircut. I noticed that people were alot more willing to help me, talk to me, acknowledge me, etc... That was a immediately noticable plus for me. Another thing that's good about being able to fit in is the fact that if I am ever being chased or anything like that, it'd be alot easier for me to get into a crowd of people and "disappear."

Funny story: My step brother... the dread locks oner.... he didn't always live with me, well anyway, when he met me, I imagine I was a big influence on him.... seeing as how he decided to ride bikes and grow his hair out and start smoking weed and what not.... Ok, so being the "extreme" person that he is, he decided to take it a step further, and this was all before the whole dreads thing. He dyed his hair neon blue, like a smurf. So he's mister bad attitude man, fighting people at school all the time, only now he has really long neon blue hair. So one day he kicks this kids ass after school and get's away with it, makes it home without getting caught anyway... but the hall monitors knew that it was the "blue haired kid." You can guess what happened the next day when mr. blue hair was walking around and the hall monitor saw him. May have gotten away with it if he didn't have to be so extreme about everything.

It's foolish. Why would you want to dedicate so much time to making your hair dirty (yes, dirty) and stupid looking? Face it, people judge you by your looks, and having a generally clean apperance can save you from getting bagged, or having the neighborhood watch up on your ass.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

Fuck that, you couldn't pay me money to dread my hair. I'm sorry [seeking and whoever else] but I think dreads are disgusting. They can really make a girl look unattractive. I do not understand why someone would want to not have pretty touchable shiney, smell good hair. Whatever, live your alternative life style, smoke your weed, listen to your music, and make your statement.

ok master or all stereotypes

why's everyone with dreads have to be dirty? or a pot head?

and who doesnt listen to music? what music are you referring to?

like oh i have dreads now i HAVE to listen to a dif kind of music..

your fucking stupid..

and alot of girls DO look pretty hot with dreads

anyone see angelina jo lee in gone in 60 seconds

fuck your stereotypes

Archived