revolution.....

Guest willy.wonka

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

graffiti can and should be political. i just voted and see that mad heads said their should be a revolution, i just dont know if i buy it. argentina just went into a state of revolution what, almost a year ago. and it was peaceful except for the gangs, i mean police waving around their shotguns and pistols. and the occasional building being torched of course, but the "peoples army" didnt get active when it comes to fucking shit up on a very serious level for awhile. the way i see it is that there are numerous levels to revolution and it is multistaged proceess. in amerika it would never ever ever happen without arms struggle. thats where the part comes in where i said i dont know if i buy it. i dont think most people would be willing to bear arms if a stage of revolution came upon us in the u.s. were too accustomed to that talk big and dont back it up mentality i think. shit, look at the wto meeting that happened in seattle, that city got shut the fuck down by the people. but it was temporary and there were alot of consquences to pay for those that organized and those that got arrested. shit, carlos gulianni was murdered by a cop over this revolution shit in italy less than 3 years ago? cointelpro used to speak of the black panthers and say that if it came down to it and they didnt stop organizing they would be murdered. and then they backed it up. robert king wilkerson of the angola 3 sat in solitary confinement for 29 years for organizing a black panther movement inside of angola and his two partners are now serving the 30th. what did they do wrong by organizing? stopped prisoner on prisoner rape and violence, but the government didnt like that. he only got out last year. look at whats coming up in dc at the wb/imf meetings, this will be the most militant demonstration that has ever taken place in the history of the us. and its still not a drip in the bucket when it comes to revolution, and hopefully 5x the amount of shit will happen in comparison to seattle but who knows. the governments already talking about calling in the national guard for this shit. a goddamned protest and they call in the national guard, what the fuck. thanks to john ashcroft and the patriot act you can get put on a suspected terrorist list that the fbi has for being arrested at a demonstration now. so the fbi can search your house for 6 months, tap your phones and computer and never even tell you they were there. the whole getting a judges permission has been thrown out the window now. i think a revolution is definately needed, and i think amerika is where the most resistence is needed; but good luck even trying to organize people without being harrased, arrested and sued by our wonderful government. i dont think the amerikan people are ready for a revolution to be honest, except in the ghettos and the country where some of the people are so militantly right wing they may as well be left. alot comes with that and in no way are we prepared. alot of the country doesnt even see that its needed, that thanks to us the world is in poverty and may as well be enslaved. but its okay, we have our 2.5 kids and our suvs, fuck it. i hope wee see it in out lifetimes but its doughtful. i think the powers that be would rather see this country bombed the fuck out before they see it in someone elses hands, especially the peoples.

editnote: alot of the people that were important in the shutting down of seattle werent anarchist and hippies. although they definately represented too.

At the moment, the only illegal painting I would do would be political, just because I think too much bullshit is going on to keep quiet. Im all for a revolution in theory, but its hard for people(including me) to drop all material comforts. I am sick of this goverment and its democracy destroying for the sake of corporate greed bullshit,look at how bush screwed Cali over a year ago. I have met some crazy ass cats who really are down for a movemiento. I actually truly believe a lot of America's democratic egalitarian theories,the sad part is that theyre only theories, what I mean is that I really would love this country if it stopped fucking over other people(including our own) and recompensated everyone for the wrong doings. I know thats a dream because blacks would have to be given half the economy(which they where basically the backbone of) and dont even start on the indigenous tribes of america, youd have 200 million broke crackers, and thats just in America. Not even counting the rest of the world. ANyways Im not sure a revolution would work.It would just mean another power taking over and continuing corruption.People dont realize it is a well known fact that every large empire or civilization became large and prosperous by exploiting others or members of their own,whether it be immagrants or a lower class or caste.I think the only viable solution is tribalism.

I also somewhat agree with toy about the threat of organizing.i ve been to too many protests where the cops instigated and then arrested the demonstrators,I wouldnt be suprised if this shit were posting wasnt bein reviewed by the man. Fuck the man and fuck dubya, trying that old cold war "keeping us in constant fear" bullshit idea, the sad part is its working.

Originally posted by dojafx

FUBU:

you are a fucking moron, those monks set fire to themselves to protest U.S. support of south vietnam and U.S. intervention in vietnam

in your words "THEY WERE BITCHING ABOUT THE US"

when it comes down to the revolution, dont hate,

participate :D

SLOW DOWN THERE COWBOY

I DIDNT SAY THOSE MONKS DIDNT LIGHT FIRE TO THEM SELVES, THEY HAD A REASON TO BITCH. RICH ASS COMPUTER OWNING WHITE BOYS AS YOUR SELVES HAVE NO REASON TO PROTEST, THAT WAS MY POINT.

look bitch if you want, but make sure to do something about it...we got enuff hot air in the ozone....

also its best to look at both sides of the coin....alot of people here i think dont take enuff time to appreciate all the america is and has given the world...

get off the computer and hit the road....youll see

^^^word.

one look at the current food crisis in africa reminds me of how good i've got it

the good thing about the u.s. is that we can all sit back and talk about how much we hate it, and what an imbecile our president is, with no fear of reprecussions.

if we live in a society where questioning the norm and discussing revolution is ok

then i guess that society can't be all bad...

but shit, some of us around here write on walls, that's a quiet revolution of the mind

and a passive revolution against our laws

Guest willy.wonka

listen, i made this thread knowing the fucked up shit that goes on in other places...

Esai had the good points though.....and i felt like that for a while.."TRIBALISM"

I USED TO OFTEN DREAM OF A SUPER DISEASE THAT KILLS 70% OF THE HUMAN POPULATION...then people would go back to the tribal ways..but still have the knowledge of what was going on in thier world.

the US government has the same plan, but thiers are to go deep in some mountain and rise with thier doctors and scientists and teachers and ARMY to start this world off again with Gw Bush the 3rd as ruler of the world.

what i long for is most of these human beings to die...let everybody start all over again.

everybody hardly cares about anybody these days, which is very sad.we're just going down the toilet and i feel the urge to fight against that.

Id start a revolution in the southwest for the return of all the land back to its original tribes, but then thered only be 200 people left to fill cali,arizona,and new mexico. How about we start a revolution of smart ass whiteboys who think graff makes them cool to overthrow the government and start a multibillion dollar effort to find a cure for their low self esteem and eminem-like anger. I would bemore than willing to counsel for free as I wish to be the next napolean(even though I aint white). We can start our base operation in west LA and branch out to other areas where our troops can talk about how down they are and tag in the gangster styles that they would get beat down for at home. In a perfect world I guess

Guest KING BLING

People who use computers to communicate, form friendships that sometimes form the basis of communities, but you have to be careful to not mistake the tool for the task and think that just writing words on a screen is the same thing as real community.

- Harold Rheingold.

they call this a free country, but everyday our freedoms decrease. from the movies we watch , the art we view, the music we hear, the clothes we wear or the voice in which we speak. all of our freedoms are being filtered by coporate american. they have so much power and control over what we comsume. and i find it hard at times to locate alturnatives such as local businesses that carry items at a competive rate. many corparations are able to lower prices do to bulk purchasing. everyday i see more and more local buisnesses close down. it seems harder to find any thing that is not mainstream..........

i'm reading this book called "no logo" and i just had to get that out...

anyway...LETS START A REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest born to lose
Originally posted by drain bamage

they call this a free country, but everyday our freedoms decrease. from the movies we watch , the art we view, the music we hear, the clothes we wear or the voice in which we speak. all of our freedoms are being filtered by coporate american. they have so much power and control over what we comsume. and i find it hard at times to locate alturnatives such as local businesses that carry items at a competive rate. many corparations are able to lower prices do to bulk purchasing. everyday i see more and more local buisnesses close down. it seems harder to find any thing that is not mainstream..........

i'm reading this book called "no logo" and i just had to get that out...

anyway...LETS START A REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

part of me says right on! then the other part thinks i'm gettin over just fine how things are...i mean i'm not down with half the shit goin on but it leaves alot of room to make your own thru the cracks.

Originally posted by willy.wonka

i was talkin to these guys about war and stuff like that..i said "fuck gw bush!"..called him a coked bitch that used to be a cheer leader

G DUBYA ain't that bad for an ex-coke head. Revolution is not a bad thing , if it creates change in a good way.

At least we ain't poverty stricken. Over in them 3rd worlds they kill graffiti writers, no bail , no trial , no community service, just BAMM............ bullet in tha ass.

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by MARLBORO RED

YO, I DON'T REMEMBER GIVING YOU PERMISSION TO CONVERSE WITH ME... BUT:

WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN 3-5 YEARS (SINCE THAT'S WHEN IT'S ALL GOING DOWN)... DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE DEMONSTRATING AND COMPLAINING THAT THEY'RE REALLY GOING TO GET ORGANIZED WITH ENOUGH FIREPOWER TO OVERTHROW THIS GOVERNMENT IN ANY WAY AT ALL... THIS GOVERNMENT???? THE SAME ONE THAT THE MOST RICH AND POWERFUL PEOPLE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD RELY UPON TO KEEP THEIR STATUS INTACT? THE SAME ONE THAT'S SNUFFED OUT ANYONE THAT'S EVER POSED A POTENTIAL PROBLEM? THE SAME ONE THAT HAS THE REACH AND INFLUENCE TO MAKE PEOPLE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GLOBE DO WHATEVER WE FEEL LIKE TELLING THEM TO DO?

I HOPE YOU DON'T THINK THAT JUST BECAUSE RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE CAN PACK A STADIUM THAT SOMETHING'S GOING TO CHANGE OUT THIS MOTHERFUCKER, BECAUSE IT'S NOT GOING DOWN LIKE THAT... NOW GO CHAIN YOURSELF TO REDWOOD OR THROW PAINT ON DIDDY'S MINK OR SOMETHING, YOU IDEALISTIC NERD...

whats even better is that the people calling for a revolution are the same ones saying guns should be banned....

good luck overthrowing a government with sticks and stones fellas..

Archived