"Bombs" and "Outlines" on freights.

angelofdeath

Ok. I just got done looking at the WYWS DC graff book. I saw a chapter about Jase. It said he has roughly (dont quote me) 15,000 -20,000 "freights." and 900 peices on freights. Now this is no dis to the man, im just using him as an example, how do you guys "count freights?" I thought a "1 freight" was a peice you painted on a "freight." After just re-reading some of the yard ettiquette portions of this board, and read that Jase likes to hit "every train in the yard with atleast a throw up," I am confused. I dont get it. I thought you were supposed to go in paint 1-2 peices and leave. Not kill an entire yard with a bunch of outlines and then count them as "a train." I thought Jase was the man to look up to, but he does everything "wrong" according to the ettiquette of the yard as it is put. I have been tracking freights for a few years now and have only caught 2-3 jase peices but have caught countless JE's. So is it cool to hit throwups? This doesnt make things "hot." I have heard of the crew getting mad cause people hit alot of trains in one spot before, but hitting outlines and throws is ok? Im just trying to figure this stuff out. Peace my homies, Im waiting for your answers.

ps. And again no disrespect to anyone, Im just trying to understand.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest fr8lover

jase meant he had 15-20k of his JE hollows, and it shows seeing as nearly every line has one rolling on it.

they separated those from pieces by saying he had 900 pieces.

and as far as something being "cool" or not on a train. fuck it, do what you want. theres no rules for what youre allowed to do or not on freights, but theres also no rules about what people will do to your stuff when they catch it. just have fun, fuck the rest.

uhhh i dont know what else you were wondering.

I DONT THINK THAT IT MATTERS. JASE IS UP. IF ITS YOUR YARD THAN DO AS MANY TRAINS AS YOU HAVE PAINT FOR. IF YOUR PAINTING SOMEONE ELSES SPOT, RESPECT IT AND LEAVE ROOM FOR FOOLS. BESIDES, THROW UPS LOOK PRETTY AFTER A COUPLE OF 40S.....BESIDES, IF YOU PAINT 6 TRAINS IN A NIGHT, JUST SWAP SIDES, THEN THERES ONLY THREE ON EACH SIDE.....OR EACH LINE....WHERES THE RULE BOOK ANYWAY?

nothing jase does is against the so called 'freight etiquette'

he doesn't go over pieces with bombs

he doesn't fuck up the yard or the surrounding areas, only the trains inside of it

he gets up

a lot

period

and he still does pieces too

but the man is smart enough to know that spending his time on hollows will get him seen...

and duh...it worked

so, find a method that works for you as well, without heating out the place doing stupid shit like looting cars and bombing nearby buildings

if you are in it for the art, for the personal satisfaction of a piece, do more pieces

if you're in it to be seen by as many people in as many places as possible, bomb up

and count it however you like

the only person who really truly cares about your numbers anyway, is you

personally, i like to do pieces and at least 2 color fills

but writing my name everywhere is fun too

Originally posted by angelofdeath

So wait all you mutherfuckers on here talk about how to go in the yard the "right way" and dont hit to many trains, how hitting 5 trains out of 10 is to many, and this and that, but its ok when a big name is mentioned to hit every train?

Jase hit yards that were already hot, meaning rail cops know people are fucking around in there, they just can't cover it well enough to prevent ninja tactics. At spots like that, there is no point in trying to conceal the fact that trains get painted there. They already know. AT SPOTS NOT YET BLOWN, all of the usual sensible precautions apply: don't hit too many cars at a time or in a row, take your cans away with you, don't hit the walls, etc. and THAT spot will last longer.

Also, your "big name" complaint is true up to a point. Ever heard the expression "a 500 pound gorilla sits wherever he wants"? Jase is a king and nobody's going to tell him how to handle his business. If he came to my spots and bombed everything in sight, I'd be pissed at the fact that he might be helping bring the heat down, but I'd just have to deal. I wouldn't start lining him just because he hits shit harder and is comfortable with the increased risk.

Everyone likes a chill freight spot. The only purpose of the advice we drop on here is to keep chill spots from getting blown. Once they're hot, and you're going in there expecting to get chased, you might as well wreck shop every time, because the goal is to get up.

Guest oldfaithful

its easier for workers and bulls to single in on where your painting when you stop and do a piece in a hot yard so some times you gotta keep the feet and the cans movin

Yeah I got you on the Jase being a king and can do what he wants. I just cant figure it out people get pissed off when kids hit up our yards with bombs and kill whole lines and these are spots where people have already been caught/bulls know people paint it, and they still get mad as shit. I have been to layups that were basically unknown to the masses and I go there one day and there are throwups front and back of every car. That is fucking up a spot for one bringing heat and two making it so you cant paint the spot cause the trains are covered and you dont want to start no beef. But yeah Jase is known for his JE's definately. I know people who have twice as many peices as him and dont get his recognition. I dont know im just flapping my yap lets hear some more input. I liked cracked ass cause he actually said something that made sense and not just fucking ran his mouth about someone questioning Jase as i said before he was used as an example.

well, if you use him as an example, fine

but keep in mind that you aren't just using joe schmoe

he is the freight king

and don't sit back and say you know people with so many more pieces than him

until you've sat down and looked at his photo albums.

if people are getting pissed that yards and lines are getting fucked up

than no amount of suggestions on some internet message board is going to fix it

there is more than enopugh advice about

'keeping spots chill'

on this board that another topic about it highlighting jase is just gonna end up as a topic about why its ok for jase to do that shit, not neccesarily every other damn writer in every small town and layup

if you try to follow the rules and "ettiquette" based on all heaps of shit talked on this message board-your a herb!

jase is the man because he's a bomber first-and a graffiti artist second

or at least thats the way it appears.

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9
Originally posted by Cracked Ass

Jase hit yards that were already hot, meaning rail cops know people are fucking around in there, they just can't cover it well enough to prevent ninja tactics. At spots like that, there is no point in trying to conceal the fact that trains get painted there. They already know. AT SPOTS NOT YET BLOWN, all of the usual sensible precautions apply: don't hit too many cars at a time or in a row, take your cans away with you, don't hit the walls, etc. and THAT spot will last longer.

Also, your "big name" complaint is true up to a point. Ever heard the expression "a 500 pound gorilla sits wherever he wants"? Jase is a king and nobody's going to tell him how to handle his business. If he came to my spots and bombed everything in sight, I'd be pissed at the fact that he might be helping bring the heat down, but I'd just have to deal. I wouldn't start lining him just because he hits shit harder and is comfortable with the increased risk.

Everyone likes a chill freight spot. The only purpose of the advice we drop on here is to keep chill spots from getting blown. Once they're hot, and you're going in there expecting to get chased, you might as well wreck shop every time, because the goal is to get up.

boom.

very well put.

in the interview that used to be on the BA website, he dropped the method, i'm not quoting the man, because it may not be there for a reason now, i don't know, but the jist of it was that he wouldn't hit a spot he didn't know well enough to dip into and out of without being seen, first, second, there had to be quite a few solid lines of cars. then when he was hitting the steel, it would be with something like 10 full cans, he'd do like one to three peices or whatever, then kill his cans on throw-ups all scattered throughout the yard. so chill, it's not like he ever was about what you've insinuated.

Archived