FAST BREAKING ART: THE MOST INFLUENCIAL CREW OF ALL TIMES:

ETHREADZNY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 11 months later...

I like the history...and I know that NEW YORK started graff basically, but yall need to get out of here with all that MOST INFLUENTIAL WRITERS IN HISTORY crap..THem niggas put in mad work and they deserve their props, but when you say something like that, it just sounds silly cus it's all just a matter of opinion. ALL the pieces on this thread are NOTHING out of hand or anything. The only thing that gave me a stiffy on this thread was maybe a SPADE piece. And even that wasn't his best work..(DOpe, though, don't get me wrong)..When you look at MIAMI history, and what DAM crew and AIM crew and the INkheadz have done. THat's REAL shiznit. The original Dam wall back in the day, was some of the RAWEST shit I've ever seen. THere's really nothing on this thread that's slapping dick.

for the record writing started in philly.

werent some of the first writers in mia kids from the whole tc5, fba, fc, cod, etc. family. its reasonable to believe that fba had a profound influence on the early miami scene. but i wasnt there so i can t really say for sure. without question ihs is influenced by that family of crews. if you ask ease or any old ihs kids they would probably agree.

but i will agree with you its a stretch to say one crew is the most influencial of all time. but if your gonna say that about anybody fba would be a prime candidate. i would say top, t5f and/or cia

more fliks please:

kazesab86.jpg

once again steel wheels drops it like its hot.

althought the philly graff was very different. i believe graff as we know it today was kicked off by NYC. but it could be said the cavemen started the whole writing thang by scribing on the walls.

just my opinion

graffiti by definition yes has been with modern man since the beginning of his existance, but writing, what we call writing a name or logo, repeatedly, was started by hobos during the great depression, even earliedr to be exact. philly writers in the 60s wrote for the same reason - to get your name up. but the real debate is werether early philly writers were influenced by the hobos. i dont believe so, but i cant proove it.....yet. it still alludes me. so ancient wall writing , although similar in nature to modern writing are really worlds apart because we do it for completely different reasons. and the audience is us in the here and now, not some archeologist 1,000 years from now (even though this will be studied 1000 years from now, that is not our intention). and the basis of modern writing is the name, not necessarily to depict our life or tell a story or leave a mark, as in "kilroy was here"

shit gets deep cuz.

whats up with some more 'Far Beyond Anyone' jammies. i know you are trump tight bem. whats up with the site? if its up drop a link.

I remember the FBA poster that came free with a copy of one of the 12oz mags - anyone else remember that?

FBA straight crushing - the rest of NY with it's faggy style should be ashamed.

Bring back the lettering and fills and get back on top

Originally posted by raysin@Jan 28 2005, 04:29 PM

^^care to elaborate on that?^^^i agree to a certain extent, but curious to see what yo feelins was on it....

I mean it's been what, twenty years since some of the freshest cars were done by these guys.

The letters, the fills, the characters are all there and fair enough the trains aren't running for New York anymore but in my eyes these guys were too ahead (and still are) of the times.

For FBA doing those styles in the eighties and you see what's mainly coming out of NY now (that shitty flip flop style that's so fashionable) I can't see where it went wrong?

FBA run shit, and the stuff from the eighties can burn the hell out of anything thats been done since period.

:king: :king: :king: :shook:

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by SWX1994@Jan 21 2005, 08:30 PM

for the record writing started in philly.

werent some of the first writers in mia kids from the whole tc5, fba, fc, cod, etc. family. its reasonable to believe that fba had a profound influence on the early miami scene. but i wasnt there so i can t really say for sure. without question ihs is influenced by that family of crews. if you ask ease or any old ihs kids they would probably agree.

but i will agree with you its a stretch to say one crew is the most influencial of all time. but if your gonna say that about anybody fba would be a prime candidate. i would say top, t5f and/or cia

more fliks please:

kazesab86.jpg

Oh, Most Definately. They are right up there. Don't get me wrong..Them niggas are fresh. ANd they were fresh at a time when not many were! Mad Respect.

• 1 month later...

Archived