Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
amItoolate?

doubtfull, but anyone down with bluegrass?

im not into it myself but i can listen to it, infact some of its really damn good, anyone by chance heard of a song called "the dog was here first" and could tell me who sings it? kinda far fetched but hey i guess its worth a try.

^^you would say that "alabama".........hicks...........

let me get muh pail and muh brush an' we'll go slap some paint on this here durn train!.........

I Love Bluegrass, and Country/Western music too

My sister sang and played in a bluegrass band here in Houston. I love that acoustic music. Currently listening to the new Dixie Chicks album, "Home." It rocks hard. I LOVE the first cut, "Long Time Gone." The banjo/fiddle riff has a hook like a boat anchor.

Guest uncle-boy
Originally posted by tennessee

yeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!!!!

sometimes

Blugrass is the best...but it's pointless to talk about it here. Too much rap's flooded everyone's brains.

Kabaar...dixie chicks? how can you even call that bluegrass...that's pop.

matthewredneckthirteen.

Guest --zeSto--

the grass is always bluer...

as much as some people like to slag it,

there's really something special about the white man's blues.

Originally posted by --zeSto--

^ american acoustic folk.

folk music, hehe..That reminds me of where my nan lives, they have street parades and all it is is folk music, and morris dancers(morris dancers dudes dressed up funny with bells all over em, they hit each other with sticks) quality stuff..;)

matokie.

now i gotta question...is the soundtrack of "oh brother where art thou" a washed up version of blugrass? or is that kinda music just a completely different genre?

Originally posted by Devilush

matokie.

now i gotta question...is the soundtrack of "oh brother where art thou" a washed up version of blugrass? or is that kinda music just a completely different genre?

That's bluegrass in my opinion.

matthewhickthirteen.

i thought so. its a beautiful soundtrack.

alison krauss and gillian welch did a great job on it. too bad i missed gillians show.

If you like bluegrass/folk, you should check out www.acousticdisc.com

There's a ton of great folk and bluegrass there. And for all you deadheads, it's home to David Grisman (he played mandolin with the Dead).

Bela Fleck's got some really cool shit too.

hell yeah....david grisman, bela fleck, allison krauss, gillian welch-----all good stuff...i had a buddy from kansas city who played the banjo extremely well....loved to hang out with that dude and listen to him rock it....standup bass, fiddle,banjo, harmonica, washboard.....you just cant lose with that combination....

oh and ragso or whatever your name was...you damn right were gon walk out yonder and paint dem trains......

Guest drunken phil
Originally posted by alabama

real bluegrass is great man...dont know about that song, but bluegrass music rocks.

im with him on this one.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this