lynrd skynrd-simple man..

RAGSOE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by mississippi

what you know about Skynyrd??? Simple Man is one of the greatest songs made.. and of course the classics you should know, Free Bird, Curtis Low, but Simple Man is my all time favorite...

props to Ole' Alabama

well hawt damn, we got some TRUE music listeners round here. ya'll get a slap on the back for this here.

props to ol' alabama AND mississippi

Love Skynyrd--they helped lead the Southern Rock Revolution

If you've ever seen the movie "Easy Rider" that starred Peter Fonda and a very young Dennis Hopper and Jack Nicholson, you'll notice that those myopic Left Coast numbnuts were portraying the South as a bunch of goiter-neck hillbillies at the VERY SAME TIME that bands like the Allman Brothers and Lynyrd Skynyrd were turning out some of the best rock and roll music of all time. They totally missed the boat, but they had to have a "bad guy" to make their movie work, so, like all Left Coast Hollywood dumbasses, they opted to ONCE AGAIN paint the South with the Hate Brush. Southerners are the only minority group it's still okay to slander and disrespect.

In fact, at the same time Peter Fonda was busy maligning the South, Houston and Austin and San Antonio had some of the biggest anti-war demonstrations outside of New York or L.A.

Be that as it may be, I love Lynyrd Skynyrd. It's the music of my youth.

Today, all across the South it's rap, like everywhere else.

Go rent the video "Gang War In Little Rock." These white kids claiming for the Bloods and the Crips are the same kind of murderers that used to be in the Klan. HATE IS HATE. Don't matter what color scheme one hides behind. NO EXCUSE FOR IT.

Originally posted by KaBar

Are you sure, Dirty? I kinda like that tune.

Nah man, I was just hoping he'd be piqued by my comment. Besides, if you like your music, please take note that I'm just a word on your screen. If you like something and you're a vocal type of person, by all means, post it.... I'm not the person that's gonna pass up a thread just because I don't like the person posting..... If I have something shitty to say, I'm probably gonna say it. Don't count on me to spare you the comment...

With that said, I have nothing against the guy that made this thread... or anyone that listens to this music. I was just making the rounds, so to speak.

Me too, so to speak, but since I drank about a half-gallon of paisano red today, I haven't gotr the vaguest Idea of whatever it is that we're talking about. See why you shouldn't drink and surf? What time is it? Fuck! Four thirteen! I guess I better get some sleep. G'Night boys 'n' girls.

TO THE BIG ROCK CANDY MOUNTAIN,ALL THE COPS HAVE WOODEN LEGS,ALL THE BULL DOGS HAVE RUBBER TEETH AND THE HENS LAY SOFT BOILED EGGS,THERE'S A LAKE OF STEW AND OF WHISKEY TOO,YOU CAN PADDLE ALL AROUND THEM IN A BIG CANOE,IN THE BIG ROCK CANDY MOUNTAIN.........

I don't quite understand what the fuck it is your trying to say dirty,i think you should listen to the goddamn song...........simple man! for life...

Re: Love Skynyrd--they helped lead the Southern Rock Revolution

Originally posted by KaBar

If you've ever seen the movie "Easy Rider" that starred Peter Fonda and a very young Dennis Hopper and Jack Nicholson, you'll notice that those myopic Left Coast numbnuts were portraying the South as a bunch of goiter-neck hillbillies at the VERY SAME TIME that bands like the Allman Brothers and Lynyrd Skynyrd were turning out some of the best rock and roll music of all time. They totally missed the boat, but they had to have a "bad guy" to make their movie work, so, like all Left Coast Hollywood dumbasses, they opted to ONCE AGAIN paint the South with the Hate Brush. Southerners are the only minority group it's still okay to slander and disrespect.

In fact, at the same time Peter Fonda was busy maligning the South, Houston and Austin and San Antonio had some of the biggest anti-war demonstrations outside of New York or L.A.

Be that as it may be, I love Lynyrd Skynyrd. It's the music of my youth.

Today, all across the South it's rap, like everywhere else.

Go rent the video "Gang War In Little Rock." These white kids claiming for the Bloods and the Crips are the same kind of murderers that used to be in the Klan. HATE IS HATE. Don't matter what color scheme one hides behind. NO EXCUSE FOR IT.

Old and wise..;)

Bump!

gimme back my bullets!!!

my good buddys dad grew up in jacksonville and went to high school with skynyrd.....he was friends with all of em, and "claims" that ronnie asked him to be in a band with him when they were sophmores in high school....he said no because he didnt like the kind of stuff they wanted to play....hes told us some crazy stories about drinkin and fightin with those dudes....

Archived