Photoshop battle

eseLokE1uno

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Casekonly is right, but it actually converts it to Vector not Raster.

Vector art is based upon mathematical calculations. (illustrator)

Raster is based on Pixels. (photoshop).

anyway it's the best way to get your line art into illustrator.

If you use Flash, Streamline is what a lot of animators use to get the characters into a useable format.

Guest diggity
Originally posted by romperoom

If you use Flash, Streamline is what a lot of animators use to get the characters into a useable format.

one of the better features is batching for sure. i don't really like the way flash converts to vector. i guess theres really not a wonderful solution for doing it, someone should work on it though. for now i guess im stuck making selections in photoshop and saving a work path. speaking of which, joker, have you tried that?

also theres a program called silhouette if you ever want to give it a shot, but i dont like it.

Guest One_in_Ten

i like the flash and the freehand end results better than streamline fo sho'.

but the only way to do it right is by hand in illustrator or photoshop and export the paths to illustrator. Sometimes its not so bad editing a traced bitmap from flash in illustrator.

Originally posted by diggity

for now i guess im stuck making selections in photoshop and saving a work path. speaking of which, joker, have you tried that?

Uhhhh... no. How do I do it? Scan a drawing in and the select the line work? Then do I save it or export into to Illustrator? I'm definitely looking for something to make my life easier in Illustrator. If I can learn more than the pen tool... I might just sit down and cry.

****the pathfinder palette is great to create more

complex shapes out of a series of simple shapes.

In some cases much easier to deal with then trying

to trace a really complex shape, ie a bike tire or

some such.

the pen tool is flat out the best tool there is.

that looks dope, one suggestion others may not agree with me on...ok, the lighting on the cars. you know that lighting function in photoshop? i wonder if it would look good if you selected individual layers with the cars on them, and used a custom lighting feature to re-light the cars, or maybe darken the lighting on them? i dunno, just a suggestion.

it looks great anyway.

tis cool, I think the font should be a more classic sans serrif font though. It would put more of an ummph into it, the type would be more legible, and it would give it a more poster like feel. (for choose your side)

not too mention maybe scale down the lion logo on the right to match the one on the left, it does throw it off a bit. Alson the car on the rights license plate thing with the moleism designs is a tad distracting, it really draws my eye there when I sit back and look at it, maybe if you either layered some blur or darkened it or got rid of that type completely.

just my opinions, take them or leave them, I like it though.

there's another way to do it...you can render to: ...it's in the render directory..when you pull up that window...scroll down about half way and there's a button that says "file" under "render to output" or something like that. anyway, yeah, i'd suggest rendering to an eps file which can be read by photoshop and illustrator..render at 300 dpi...well, 150-300 maybe even more if you want a really really high quality pic.

no problem giving out the tips and advice.

-casek

Originally posted by casekonly

QbaOner-3dsm ran just fine on my old 400mhz with 128 megs of ram, so it should run fine on your pc...i think the requirements are only like 300mhz and about 32 megs of ram...light that shit up

it runs on my 266mhz with 32 meg of ram... then it stopped for some reason. if it still worked i might have made somethin up (as i only just found this thread...) but guess not :( keep it comin, lookin dope

Archived