Photoshop battle

eseLokE1uno

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can any of you guys help me out here? I just started using, Bryce and Im getting the hang of it, but how can I save these pictures as JPG? This is what I came up with, but I would like to know how before I do something im really going to like, much appreciated.

casek,hyrax,Qba really nice stuff you guys have real good talent.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00163448f00000031.jpg'>

not the best, but I figured I should stop here, till I figure out how to export it to mess around with Photoshop.

i already told ya what i do... usually i convert from bmp (if you start fuckin with it in ps it will automatically turn into psd) to jpg at 60% of quality sometimes even less... just remember to save them through "Save for Web" option, there you can adjust quality until you're satisfied.. just try to keep your graphics small.. remember, theres still alot of 56k'ers out there...

I want to upload some test renders up here on sunday or so, but since fatcap assed out any of you wanna give me a decent host?

not fotango, not cartogra, not seemesmile.com, etc...I would look around, but I got tired of doing that and ending up with shite hosts. anyhoo....

Originally posted by nang'eds!

I don't undertsand. What message is being brought across by this picture, someone explain....

To me, it represents an angel emerging from a cucoon.

An angel is a beautiful, precious creature. The fact that it has only just begun to emerge from the cucoon indicates that it hasn't yet had a chance to fulfil it's purpose in life.

It has been murdered before its true beauty can be admired - before it can do good.

It reminds me of a story I was told many years ago, by a teacher who has since passed away.

He read out a story of a gardener, who saw a butterfly struggling to break free of its cucoon. He watched it for a few minutes, tiring itself out in its apparently fruitless attempts to break free.

Feeling sorry for the creature, the gardener went and got a razor blade and cut the cucoon away. The butterfly was free and spread its wings for the first time!

When it did so, the gardener had a shock - its wings were not colourful like those he had become accustomed to seeing around his plants. They were dull and grey...

The moral of the story is that a life without struggle is a life without colour...

Those were the days!

that was a great story!

yoink, i don't really know of a good image server anymore. i wish i could help you....well, there is something you can do...set up an account with deviant art and use the links to your pics on there. i mean, it doesn't have to be any serious art. i post a bunch of silly shit on there. you can delete tham any time you want. just a suggestion. hopefully it'll be helpful to you.

-casek

Originally posted by casekonly

yoink, i don't really know of a good image server anymore. i wish i could help you....well, there is something you can do...set up an account with deviant art and use the links to your pics on there. i mean, it doesn't have to be any serious art. i post a bunch of silly shit on there. you can delete tham any time you want. just a suggestion. hopefully it'll be helpful to you.

-casek

holler, I actually have an account there, but never used it, I wonder if its still there....so I can basically throw (upload) my shit up on there, and them post them up here...I take it you do that with your flicks?

I gotta do some test renders of my scene later today, if theres any decent Ill try to put them on here.

learning Maya has been fun.

whoa! nuh uh. you're learning maya? damn you...haha. seriously, that's great. maya is pretty complicated. how do you like it so far?

i'm anxious to see those renders....

oh yeah, to answer your question about deviantart...yeah, i've posted some of my stuff here from devianart...just direct link the full size image. peace.

I like photoshop as much as the next guy but I

personally don't like using filters or these 3-d

rendering programs. I think you are selling

yourself short using those programs... Anything

that those programs can render can be done with

a wacom tablet and photoshop IF you have skills.

If not, then I guess those programs are for you...

but don't think you are foolling anyone with your

intangible, abstract, rendered, lighted pieces of

crap.

Originally posted by TheTruthHrtz

yourself short using those programs...

filters are always a cop-out and most people with an eye for design can see those from a mile way, agreed on that, but try to tell the animation world that there selling themselves short with maya, and 3ds max. I see where your going saying that alot of digital renders in those programs can be done or at least mimicked in photoshop, but they are very reputable programs used by some very reputable groups/companies. not too mention gettin jobs nowadays having experience with those programs is a def. plus.

casek- I actually enjoy Maya alot more than 3ds max, but I think its basically because ive spent more time on it, Im sure you can become familiar with either one pretty easily.

Originally posted by TheTruthHrtz

yourself short using those programs... Anything

that those programs can render can be done with

a wacom tablet and photoshop IF you have skills.

If not, then I guess those programs are for you...

but don't think you are foolling anyone with your

intangible, abstract, rendered, lighted pieces of

crap.

it's called graphic design. it's meant to be aesthetically pleasing. it's not meant to have depth. it's not meant to have meaning. it's not meant to outlast the mona lisa. it's meant to look pretty. so eat it, dickface

if you can do this with a WACOM Tablet, bring it

http://medic.dediweb.com/dttl/relinquishv2.jpg'>

Originally posted by hyrax

it's called graphic design. it's meant to be aesthetically pleasing. it's not meant to have depth. it's not meant to have meaning. it's not meant to outlast the mona lisa. it's meant to look pretty. so eat it, dickface

if you can do this with a WACOM Tablet, bring it

http://medic.dediweb.com/dttl/relinquishv2.jpg'>

WORD.

btw I wish I could do crappy stuff like that on Photoszhop....:krunk:

Archived