Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
boogie hands

matching film to your conditions....(photography)

Guest --zeSto--
5.also a quick addition to posting would be to pay the two to four dollars and have them make a cd of your roll. this avoids the scanning bullshit and you can doctor it up yourself in photoshop you dig?

best sugesstion yet.

bobby bobby bobby

diggi diggi diggi !

Originally posted by Fugazi

Is there a zoom on your camera??? The problem with a zoom on a camera is a large aperature, which means less light to your film, which could explain what happened in that picture. The more you zoom, the less light gets in.

No, if you zoom with an auto focus camera, it will open the aperture, allowing MORE light in to compensate for light lost in the zoom lens(es).

That picture is washed out because its overexposed and it looks grainy because of the high film speed, and probably the quality of printing had something to do with it. Solution: low speed film, good photo lab = good print.

I've realised that a zoom is overrated anyway, and its way harder to focus if you have a point and shoot with a zoom lens.

Originally posted by I Luv Roo

No, if you zoom with an auto focus camera, it will open the aperture, allowing MORE light in to compensate for light lost in the zoom lens(es).

That picture is washed out because its overexposed and it looks grainy because of the high film speed, and probably the quality of printing had something to do with it. Solution: low speed film, good photo lab = good print.

I've realised that a zoom is overrated anyway, and its way harder to focus if you have a point and shoot with a zoom lens.

The farther in you zoom, the LESS light that gets in. Most point and shoots have something like a 3.5 to 4.8+ aperature, 3.5 being when it's at it's base zoom, and 4.8+ when it's fully zoomed in. You can demonstrate this by buying an SLR camera and using a zoom lense. The farther you zoom in, the slower the shutter speed will become, because less light is getting in. And over exposure normally leads to darkened colors, underexposure leaves you with that grainy foggy look.

Guest deas

dont listen to these idiots

dont get color slide

color slide film is what professional photographers use the exposure must be perfect or else it turns out crappy or not at all just get the cheapest piece of shit camera you can find and get 200-400 speed film i get fujifilm because it cheaper

all places you take your film will come out the same they use machines theres a photocraft near my house i needed some pictures developed for a project and it cost me $16 for one hour prints just go to a target or walmart and get one hour for $4-$7 and if you can wait 2 days take them to a grocery store they send the pictures out to a kodak developing place and i have gotten a roll of film developed for $3 if you try and mess with aperature, shutter speed etc you just waste time and if you dont know what you are doing you could mess it up the camera doesnt matter and those throw away camera take just as good pictures as professional cameras just cause the camera costs $100 doesnt means the pictures will come out better if you want a zoom got to the local photo shop and ask if they have some old cameras you can get an old camera and tons of zoom lenses for like $50 you just waste money buying new cameras i got a $400 camera with everything and my friend went to the photcraft and got an older camera with like 6 zoom lenses for $50

if you see a a freight moving you can do whats called panning what you do is have the shutter at like 500 stand still and move the camera with the train the background will be out of focus but the subject will be in focus i dont how good it will work with a train since it's moving fast but its worth a try also it may take a couple trys

alright...i just got a roll of this kodak 800 speed film back...thank fucking god i shot a good majority of the roll on an overcast day....the couple that i took on a partly cloudy turned out a little on the bright side so i cant imagine what these pictures would look like if they had been taking on your average sunny day....

dont believe the hype (if you ever did)....this shit is not versatile

next roll is going to be 200 speed, i figure most of the stuff i catch rolling is moving no more than 10 or 15 miles an hour so as long as i pan with the car it shouldnt be a problem....if that doesnt work ill just have to break out the manual camera and do a little photography review....

thanks for all the help though....silly fresh post on the way