Bussem legs wide open (bounce music)...

tahs

Are any of you cats familiar with new orleans bounce music? i was just thinking today about how that is the most fun music in the world and how i wish ppl outside louisiana could be exposed to it. for those of you who don't know what bounce is, here's a brief history lesson:

in the early 90's these two guys started DJing @ block parties in the projects in New Orleans. Their names were DJ Jimi and T.T.Tucker. there is alot of controversy about who is the originator, but anyway...both of these guys played TRIGGERMAN (DRAG RAP) like razy. as many of you know, that song is a classic, it samples the dragnet theme. anyway one day Tucker got on the mic and just started talkin trash over the triggerman beat. he shouted out dances made up off the top of his head, and started yelling out street names and neighborhood names. nothing special, but he blew up in new orleans. then came people like pimpdaddy, lil slim, everlasting hitman, etc. today, bounce music is almost dominated by gay rappers in new orleans. yes, you heard right. bounce's audience is predominantly straight, but some of the hardest killers out of some of the country's worst hoods will go to a Katey Red or Sissy J concert and go crazy. all of the gay rappers are drag queens and are spoken to as girls. its not a joke, and they'll stab you if you givem shit about their lifesyle.

thats kinda crazy considering that cash money records, especially juvenile (this is waaaay before anyone ever heard of CMR. this is before they turned crappy and started bullshitting about cars and hoes) was originally a bounce label.

just picture juvi singing "ride it roll it slide ride giddy up hey p popper do the duck do the duck..oink baby oink oink oink"

ok this is getting strange...anyway do yall know anything about this great music shit

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

NOOOOO!!!!!!!! not like master p!!! every once in a while that dumbass records a sorry excuse for a bounce-influenced song, but i HATE when bags of throwup like him get called "bounce" by out-of-towners. sorry i don't mean to lash out at you cos bounce dat ass is one of his few good songs. if you want to hear real bounce download off kaza:

*katey red

*vockah redu

*josephine johnny

*cheeky black

*choppa

*hotboy ronald

*5th ward weebie

*dj duck

*dj jubilee

*dj money fresh

*dj jimi

*sissy nobbie