MARRAIGE

Guest postaholic

Guest postaholic

do yall think about this ever?

i do, right now im 20, about to be 21, feel like im 16 still and havent done shit with my life. whether thats true or not, it bugs the fuck outta me. when i think of marraige, i think of it being a one time thing. i dont want to get divorced, and pray to god i never will when i do get married. kids will be nice one day, and i like the idea of having a wife and not having to worry about dating and all this other bullshit.

dating sucks. however, since i dont date much, or hit on girls much either, im falling behind in experience, and when i do get a girl or whatever, im go way overboard on shit. like, i wonder how it would be to marry her type shit ya know? even though i wouldnt do that my next couple relationships but then again you cant really know, the next girl i talk to could be wifey. know what i mean?

this one girl i was with seemed ideal to me, dam near to good to be true, and i wondered will i ever come close to someone like her again? its more than likely, but dam she was well rounded for what i was looking for. i miss her hella.

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhh, seeing pretty girls all day on campus is great, but its also depressing. like nas needs one mic i need one girl, a good one.

im feeling puffy's "i need a girl" song like a heart attack right now... ya feel me ;)

:king:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by postaholic

i do, right now im 20, about to be 21, feel like im 16 still and havent done shit with my life. whether thats true or not, it bugs the fuck outta me. when i think of marraige, i think of it being a one time thing. i dont want to get divorced, and pray to god i never will when i do get married. kids will be nice one day, and i like the idea of having a wife and not having to worry about dating and all this other bullshit.

dating sucks. however, since i dont date much, or hit on girls much either, im falling behind in experience, and when i do get a girl or whatever, im go way overboard on shit. like, i wonder how it would be to marry her type shit ya know? even though i wouldnt do that my next couple relationships but then again you cant really know, the next girl i talk to could be wifey. know what i mean?

this one girl i was with seemed ideal to me, dam near to good to be true, and i wondered will i ever come close to someone like her again? its more than likely, but dam she was well rounded for what i was looking for. i miss her hella.

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhh, seeing pretty girls all day on campus is great, but its also depressing. like nas needs one mic i need one girl, a good one.

im feeling puffy's "i need a girl" song like a heart attack right now... ya feel me ;)

your babbiling.

i'm actually glad that i am out of the dating scene. i like coming home to someone that appreciates and loves me. i like doing stuff for the one that i love. it also makes me smile to think "wow. out of all people, i have found the one person that i want to spend my life with."

i getting married. no date yet because devilush and i have no money. i feel if your ready do it, if not don't. its easy as that. people are going to say you are too young and all this crap, but lets face it. are we too young too make decisions for ourselves? i'm old enough to pay taxes, live on my own(even before i was 18), pay all my own bills, and i had a steady full time job. i appreciate what devilush and i have gone through. our relationship has gone to hell and back, family members had died, close friends have died, legal proplems(mine of course), money problems, to personnal problems. i have stuck by her side and she has done the same. of course like the man i am, i never show my love or appreciation towards her all the time, but i sure she knows. this year would be our 5 year anniversary. we still aren't getting tired of each other. so i feel that if a young person wants to get married its their decision. its up to them to make it work and last.

this was the longest reply i have made in months:D

marriage, what does marriage mean in our society anways? just a way to complicate lives. people so often get divorced these days that it seems almost pointless. if i was ever to get married it would be once, but i'm sure that's what everyone says though.

i don't really believe that people are meant to be with one person for the rest their lives. serial monogomy yes, but one person? now-a-days without the threat of religious repercussions what does marriage mean and why should people uphold their vows if there are no ramifications? morals? love? have those things ever been a deterrant before?

i think marriage should at be in place and upheld at least until the kids are raised. i don't know, but if two people love each other enough marriage shouldn't even be necessary, if u trust the person enough you shouldn't need a ring to bind you, love should carry you through. marriage now is just a way to make sure the other person gets half, or for other financial reasons. if u love each other enough telling the other person that you will be there forever would be sufficient if there is enough love and trust.

sorry i'm a bit skeptical about this, maybe it's just the point that i'm at. my parents are getting divorced this month, my friend is getting divorced now, i know people who just get married for their green cards it gets so ugly, a thing that should be beautiful. people just take it for granted like the word "love". i can tell you honestly i don't think i even know the true meaning of this word, i wish i did though.

*sigh*

my parents are getting divorced too ubejinxed. but they arent influencing any of my ideas. they are my boundaries of what i shouldnt and will not be. but my whole idea of marriage is the common bonding of two people that mutually want to be with eachother. some people have the fucked up view of being married (the bigger the ring the better, spending so much to have this beautiful wedding), i think that is the common view of people who want to get married. they dont actually think about the future and whether or not they will get divored. no one really wants to think about that, hoping that they would never get to that point.

kissmyass and i decided that we want to get married for the simple fact that we love eachother and want to share it with the people that we love in a ceremony that they will witness. witnessing a bond between two people that love eachother is the most beautiful thing. our relationship has everything. we dont want to nor think about the financial bonds that we have. in that case, we would be materialistic and looking at this as an individualistic perspective. thinking in that matter, will eventually lead to divorce..in my opinon. well that was the case with my parents. and that is what i have decided not to be. we arent meant to be with one person in our lives....but it is our choice to be.

i just get so pissed when people take their vows for granted that's all. i just see such a misuse of it. i guess people don't forsee the future.

i just don't understand

i envy your fortune Devillush it seems like you two have such a trusting, playful and understanding relationship. i'm glad u can see past all the other things that confuse the real reason for marriage.

good luck and strength to you.

just one time.

i know. when i heard about it...i didnt understand why they were getting divorced. all that they have preached to me, went down the drain. all about catholicism (i am not a catholic anymore but my parents practice it) and how marriage is till death do us part, went down the fucking drain. sure they have the problems, but what is the point of marriage then? it is a promise, it is vows to eachother till the end (or so that was what they taught me). i think that is why i am so upset about the whole divorce. i've always thought in a non realistic point of view that they love eachother and will be together for the rest of their lives. but now it's all gone to bull shit. that is why they are my role models of what not to be when i get to that point in my life.

we do have it good. i dont not mean to brag by all means, but...its the ideal relationship that everyone wants. for that i am lucky.

ube...thanks for the love.

its odd that i dont even think of people as being married anymore..maybe its because i grew up in a broken home and so did most of my friends, but im not used to seeing "fathers" at all really..i think that kinda scares me about marriage. i have no idea what its supposed to be like.. i want to someday be a father and husband and i want to do it right, not like my father, but it kinda scares me to think about what if i do become a shitty father..what if i marry the wrong women and all that jazz..in my mind a good marriage is rare but probably one of the most comfortable things in the world to be part of.

Guest postaholic

to me marraige is being in love with your partner, and living the rest of your lives together... through thick and thin, love and hate, whatever.. its for life.

growing old together and having kids and charishing your family and raising your kids right.

and being the best dad i can be to my kids...

thats my pov...

D'lush and AssOne: I think it's cute that you two are like the 12oz couple. Go you two!

On a different note..... I've seen so many "good, loving" relationships go bad, including my own, it makes me skeptical. Although alot were highschool relationships, some were not. I think it's the worst thing to leave kids in a situation of divorce between the parents. My parents divorced when I was 6, I got over it without really realizing it. Visiting my dad, who lived far away, became normal. My parents having a new boyfriend or girlfriend became normal.... I didn't much like it, but I got used to it. Now, both of my parents are remarried. And my mom has kids with my stepdad. Sometimes when things don't go right in our house I worry about my half brother and half sister. I would hate for them to go through the same thing I did. I know it's not good for the kids. I want to have a wife someday, and I want someone to be able to enjoy me being their husband. But I will wait forever for the person that I know is right before I get with someone that isn't. And I will have a better view on who is right, because I've already been through the thinking our relationship is so perfect thing with one girl. At least next time I won't be blinded by "love."

No one can pull the wool over my eyes, at least not twice.

The big problem with marriage is that it is too easy to get divorced. Back in the day you had to come up with and PROVE to the court you had a valid reason for divorcing. I'm talking abuse, adultery, abandonment, etc. These days most states are No Fault, meaning you don't have to give the judge any reason at all for getting a divorce.

Because it was harder, people worked harder to guarantee the success of their marriage and work through their problems. I think we need to reinstate those tougher laws.

Guest postaholic
Originally posted by greedy mars

jesus christ another one.. tease for marraige go to your dad.. not hear.. whats this now ... the 5th one on this page alone today

i cant help if people keep my threads on top ;)

Originally posted by postaholic

Word!:o

Guest -MOE LESTER-

tease tease!!! your stressing too much about girls...there only fucking animals...i think marriage is stupid...im planning to kill myself before i hit my 30s...life goes downhill after that anyways....wouldnt wanna make any committments or shit

p.s. way to go dlush and kissmyass....im still down to paint the hospital whenever IM me....Lifted0ff420

(the 0 in 0ff is a ZERO!!)

my sister is so pretty...you would like it. haha, she's my maid of honor. but i've decided that i dont want to dress my bridesmaids and maid of honor in bad colors and designs. so i've decided to go for a simple look. shit, i'll invite you if you sing "at last" for my reception.

yo tell me when the reception is....im down to go

devilush my new IM is Lifted0ff 420..the 0 in 0ff is a ZERO....IM me if you wanna go bomb the hospital or for the wedding thing....ive never been to a real marriage before (well except my uncle johns but i was too young too remember...plus i dont give a fuck about him!)

late

Archived