what the fuck is hip hop???

Guest angry xbox

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fr8lover

lets use some simple reasoning here

bigwigs want bank

jiggy hiphop makes bank

therfore, bigwigs want jiggy hiphop.

get over it, its always going to happen.

do for delf and ignore it.

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by --zeSto--

People need to contribute to a 'culture' or a 'movement',

not just consume it like a leach and never give anything back.

Poop Man Bob...

you wern't talking to me were you?

But I was using 'culture' and 'movement' in such a generic way

that I could have been talking about the boy scouts.

You can be a scout, but if you arent getting badges,

you're not really gaining anything.

I personally have no idea what 'hiphop' is all about.

I wasn't there.

Guest postaholic

god damnit you fucker...

first you diss 9/11 and now tupac. your crossing lines man...

i hope they ban you. :lol:

but seriously

shut tha fuck up

-from a friend :heated:

Guest Andy Capp

notorious and puff were'nt real friends. puff tried but nobody liked him., and then when biggie died he just used his death and aquaintance to leech more money.

and since when is hip-hop something different than rap? why do so many people categorize rap as mainstream and hip hop as underground? people rap over hip hop beats, or do hip hoppers rhyme instead of rap. it's just cooler to say you're hip hop than rap. who cares what you call it.

but i'm not saying theres no difference between concious and not.

and defining what underground is gets you nowwhere, and you just look like a 12 year old mulletard whilst trying to do so. there's independant labels, and commercial but even defining between those two is difficult because some are intertwined. within that web you can decide whether or not you like it. but getting labeled underground just makes it easier for the people who don't know shit look hard and pretend they know what they're talking about. (not naming any names)

Originally posted by angry xbox

they wwere nothing close to living a lifestyl remotley related to hip hop

wow, what a true underground head! you really know a lot, don't you? you must live hip-hop, eh? i didn't read this thread at all, except your post, and i bet you couldn't define hip-hop for shit.

and biggie and tupac didn't live it, huh? they musta just got skills overnight at the rap skills store. you're the most idiotic person on this board, for real.. always have been. hell, first post i ever read of yours consisted of an aim chat that lasted a long time between you and a homosexual whore. and i've seen your pics of your pieces. they make me laugh. you write on farm sheds or some shit, and you ARE hip-hop.

Originally posted by --zeSto--

Poop Man Bob...

you wern't talking to me were you?

But I was using 'culture' and 'movement' in such a generic way

that I could have been talking about the boy scouts.

You can be a scout, but if you arent getting badges,

you're not really gaining anything.

I personally have no idea what 'hiphop' is all about.

I wasn't there.

Naw, homey. That was directed at xbox. Check the edit.

Originally posted by Andy Capp

and since when is hip-hop something different than rap? why do so many people categorize rap as mainstream and hip hop as underground?

yeah, i hate that too.

and you know what hip-hop is all about if you live it. nuff said. i live my life, and try not to judge if i'm "down" enough.

My number one question is NOT "yo, how can I be down?"

and zesto, what do you mean by you weren't there? that music, culture, way of life, whatever the fuck you wanna call it was, is, and will be there.

and the whole boy scout badge analogy i didn't quite get, either. true, you may gain more from graffiti, let's say, if you got ups. But do you mean that i can't gain anything from Roy Orbison 'cuz I can't play guitar? Or I can't gain from a guru rhyme 'cuz I freestyle like i'm from the seventies?

maybe i don't make sense.

Guest angry xbox

this is what im saying...

aint nothing butta G thang baby

G=GREED

no one in the mainstream popness MTV played out industry is out there sayin, hey when i write this rhyme lyric ima make a difference or promote positive outlooks.

they sit down thinkin hey is thgis one or is this one gonna get me to platinum status.

Dont argue with that cause you know goddamn good and well anyone after thier first decent break wants more money.

FUCKING GREED runs it you idiots. The industry is industry not anything about music.

Industry is about competition and gettin to the top not portraying a decent image.

hiphop is about expression and nowadays al;otta you kids be jocking other original writers with your throws or handstyle.

Most peep are just tryin to identifiy with shit not express.

If you express you will be at the top of your game not THE game.

and your game means you aint doin it for fame but to see how good you can get, thats what i do thats what my boys in hiphop do we bring it from the heart and we mean what we do like it is life cause it is.

I express how i feel through hiphop whether it be graff or emceeing

all you fucks hate onme for coming on here and saying shit all outspojken but im not scared to speak my mother fucking mind and think for my godddamn SELF.

No one taught me to rap or write rhimes or do graff i learned on my own and i did from the heart.

Guest angry xbox

im not trying to say im down im just sayin if you down why not speak the realism to other kids whop wanna be down with this shit and feel better about what they are listening to and involved in.

Originally posted by angry xbox

this is what im saying...

aint nothing butta G thang baby

G=GREED

no one in the mainstream popness MTV played out industry is out there sayin, hey when i write this rhyme lyric ima make a difference or promote positive outlooks.

they sit down thinkin hey is thgis one or is this one gonna get me to platinum status.

Dont argue with that cause you know goddamn good and well anyone after thier first decent break wants more money.

FUCKING GREED runs it you idiots. The industry is industry not anything about music.

Industry is about competition and gettin to the top not portraying a decent image.

hiphop is about expression and nowadays al;otta you kids be jocking other original writers with your throws or handstyle.

Most peep are just tryin to identifiy with shit not express.

If you express you will be at the top of your game not THE game.

and your game means you aint doin it for fame but to see how good you can get, thats what i do thats what my boys in hiphop do we bring it from the heart and we mean what we do like it is life cause it is.

I express how i feel through hiphop whether it be graff or emceeing

all you fucks hate onme for coming on here and saying shit all outspojken but im not scared to speak my mother fucking mind and think for my godddamn SELF.

No one taught me to rap or write rhimes or do graff i learned on my own and i did from the heart.

Oh, so the reason you write the same word everywhere is so you can express yourself. Makes perfect sense now.

Originally posted by Wink ONE

:lol: and for a moment you had me fooled,i thought you actually knew SOMETHING about 'Pac.Now with this i know you dont..poverty isn't rough?!homeless isn't rough?!You need to learn something about him before you start talking any shit about him.hes a fucking legend.sit down:mad:

yeah.... hes a hardcore.... just like nelly and j-lo

fuck it, i don't give a fuck. if i had the connects to make a CD that would sell millions and in turn make me rich, i'd do it in a heartbeat...

i could care less what anyone would say about me. i'd have money!

yea, i am greedy. oh fucking well. i want some money for making bullshit people would buy.

mutha fuckin grand in his new hum v

sippin on dat crown an smokin dat wee

bitches gettin hype cuz dey love my flows

they love my ice an i love when dey suck on muh toes.

blowin indo, oh hydro - as long as i get krunk

round deez parts mofo's be smokin on da skunk...

chorus:

cause we like to drink and we like to smoke

rollin on twankies so much weed ya choke

cause we like to smoke an we like to drink

ballin hard every single night da week.

*see it's easy. now sit there and say you wouldn't sell out, cause i'd laugh in your face...

shit, make a few CDs that people'll bump in the clubs, in there rides, s'all gravy...

fuck 'keepin it real' - i'm being real.

ya heard?

hahaha....hip to the hop music is now top 40 shit..........underground is just another label for music now........so take off your fuckin' backpack.......sucka.

I would much rather listen to some old Big Daddy Kane or Diamond Shell than listen to Slug whining about his childhood.......or Eyedea thinking he his from outer space or some shit......fuck that.......now,all you herbs should go and and drill a hole through your newest Def Jux or Anticon shit and fuck it............don't get me wrong,I like El-P's shit along with Mr.Lifs' also......but Aesop Rock and the 'ox's" shit can take a hike......why don't you go and re-listen to All Natural's album and sum up what you got out of that......

hes from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, was shredders soldier person, rhino or sumthing ?

awww wait... thats bee bop

Originally posted by IntangibleFame

hmmmmmm :rolleyes: I dont think I posted a picture of nelly...or of ja rule...

That's 'The Kane.......you jack fakers........

Archived