* REMEMBER 9-11*

inus12

Originally posted by Can you sign my book???

Although Im not a huge fan of our governments many bad decisions, America is the greatest country in the fuckin world...

If it wasn't for this countries bad decisions and feeling so superior to other countries and acting on that, maybe we could make this whole world as great as America is. That's the problem with this world and this country, we don't realize what a big role we play in the lives of others in the world. Instead we are so concerned with only what goes on here while third world countries hang on to existence through the kickbacks of the US. South American countries for example, are so rich in their own products, like fruits, and other foods, nobody in those countries should be starving, but they do... why? because greed comes into play, and the governments and large companies inside of the countries take over and over 90% of their national product is shipped to the US, because thats where the money is at. While we sit around and drink $1 bottles of WATER, people who would do anything for that dollar are starving to death. Think about how this country works... spring water costs more than gasoline. what kind of shit is that?!!

America is so crooked and us as americans don't realize how much it affects others untill they hijack planes and crash them into buildings. This shouldn't be so much as a sign to go to war, but more like a wakeup call.

And we are surprised when we see little kids dancing in the street in the middle east burning our American flag? Look at the streets they are in, and then look at the streets WE are in. Millions are spent on MOVIES here in the US... when millions are hardly spent on things like healthcare in those countries. We have it so good here that we don't realize how bad others have it, we are not an innocent country, neither are the other countries in this world. But maybe if we can actually take some responsibility for our actions as a country, or take some responsibility to help others when we can instead of always helping ourselves, THEN... maybe we won't have to worry about terrorism.

But I honestly dont see change in our system for a long, long time. I mean, look at where we are now... we have a coke head for a president. I love this country for what it is, and I love living here, but I hate how blind the people all around me are.

(Dont mean to offend anyone, I know how sensitive this subject is, but I just felt like rambling a little bit, and this is only a piece of my views of how things are these days. dont want to take up too much space tho...)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest blancito

agreed, we as a country need to examine and reform our relationships with less powerful and influential nations. lets not forget the role that corruption plays in other countries however. while we clearly have much work to do in that regard as well, we still have one of the more transparent and open political systems. south america has rampant corruption in business and government. my girls pops worked for the local government in brazil and told me some absurd things about the amount of skimming from the top that goes on there. for example there was a highway between two cities...two lane job. it hadn't been repaved in years, so the federal govt gives the state govt enough money to repave the whole thing from start to finish. i drove this highway before and after. one year the road is full of potholes. the next after they had the money to repave...all that they did was fill in the holes, which were already coming apart. the money, by the time it got to the construction work was no longer enough to finish the job. where did it go? not to america, but to the pockets of brazil's corrupt elite.

just this week the palestinian legislature voted 'no confidence' in arafat's cabinet, forcing them to step down, after growing tired of absurd levels of corruption and mismanagement.

our country is pretty stable and wealthy so thus far we have been able to deal with the amount (though still wildly unacceptable) of corruption we have here....enron, tyco, worldcom, george dubya's election, and others. in less wealthy and less stable countries the damage is far greater and often too difficult to overcome. so again, i agree we need to take a second look at how we interact with the rest of the world and throw our weight around and yo, we are getting fat and wasteful in everyway possible. but its not so simple as to say that they poor cause we rich.

i have got to stop watching c-span.

I think we ought to just exterminate ourselves and let the ants take over. Who's with me??

Anyway, blancito I can't deny that most of your points are valid. And I porbably could have made a more exahaustive list of innocent victims in this world, but if I started talking about Pol Pot or Teinamen Square, most people would just respond with a blank stare. I'm trying to use examples that your average person has at least working knowledge of.

In no way was I trying to protray the palestinians as innocent, I don't think either saide is in this case. If it came across otherwise, my appologies.

But you made one comment I have to take issue with. Saying that Israel only began open hostilities "recently" is rather misleading. The Isreali state has existed for less then seventy years now. Yet even as early as the 1970's they were seizing land in the West Bank and Gaza, doubling the size of their country in less then a decade. While I don't support the use of violence in most cases, if someone walks into your house, puts a gun to your head and says, "Get the fuck out", what are you going to do?

I think the Israeli's have every right to defend the land they were GIVEN, as a GIFT, but in no way do they have the right to take land away from others. Especially when their country was established in the middle of a group of people they hated and that hated them.

We could go on pointing fingers endlessly, in every direction, until we've fingered every last man woman and child as a guilty party. Odds are they probably are anyway.

Guest normanoner

i stopped reading replies after halfway trough the first page

all i want to say is all of you kids bitching about america and saying we deserved it need to take ur bitching to a seperate thread, how do you figure that thousands of innocent people deserved to die? it's all well and good, to say that if you didn't know anyone who was there and died. one of my best friends, and father of 4 kids, died that day. he wa son a buisiness trip on his way to california. have some fuckin respect for the thousands of people who died that day, and bring your bitching to another thread.

"Now as i said we are not perfect. But all this....'it was a shame what happened but you americans deserved it' You don't see us laughing when shit happens to other people. You see us give money, resources, and the help of our business community and/or military. Private donations by US citizens to world charities dwarf most industrialized countries contributions to 3rd world causes. "

America is only concerned with it's own affairs, you only give help if it is in your best interest. Debts owed to the US would dwarf most countries economies. Is that a cause or effect? there are many days in the year that many inncoent civilians around the world died, so why should september 11 be any different because they were americans.

Guest normanoner

dude, shutup, i don't like america either but you don't see me bitching about how bad america is in a thread made out of respect for everyone who died on 9/11

I know we all have our different views on the subject. But I think in reality we all want the same thing...Peace... I now realize that it's easy to point fingers on the internet and then not do anything in real life. What gets me( And if any one has an answer or suggestion tell me) is what can I or We do as citizens and thinking human beings to make a difference. Becides protesting, or writing to our local congressman. The only thing I can think of is a complete change in goverment. Isn't that what we'd need. I mean i have really no clue... But I'd really like to see some sort of change... Maybe one good thing would be getting money and advertising out of the elections.. So that not only the rich could get a good chance at running for president.

Any ideas.

Originally posted by Tree Oh Five

FUCK THE TALIBAN!

FUCK ALL TERRORIST!

If your Harboring terrorist FUCK YOU TWO!

Sadaam Fuck You Two!

May You(meaning Terrorist) Never See Allah!

The World Needs To Unite! Fuck being Geedy!

World Fucking Peace!

Peace and Respect To All Who Sufferd From The Hidious atacks On September 11th 2001.

Love

-43K MIAMI!

you retard...

"FUCK ALL TERRORISTS..."

and

"The World Needs To Unite!"

talk about contradictory. who's to say all terrorists worship allah. who's to say whether they have the right or not to, in effect, see their own personal savior. remember the atomic bomb? if that's not terrorism, i don't know what is. hey, guy, i mean, at least all the innocent Afghai people can walk to get water without crossing a minefield, right? oh yeah, they can't. i mean, it's a good thing that we're killing off all kinds of people to find bin laden, because i'm sure the 'capture' or death of one man can stop our country from being big headed fucks. when in all honesty you know all those redneck patriots would start to cry if we had bin laden in jail. you act like the US is innocent.... like we haven't been completely fucking these people over for years. anyone remember Vieques, Puerto Rico? or Bikini island.... remember that tylenol factory in africa we bombed?

whatever dude, you need to get your shit straight.

Guest blancito
Originally posted by Apelles

I think we ought to just exterminate ourselves and let the ants take over. Who's with me??

Anyway, blancito I can't deny that most of your points are valid. And I porbably could have made a more exahaustive list of innocent victims in this world, but if I started talking about Pol Pot or Teinamen Square, most people would just respond with a blank stare. I'm trying to use examples that your average person has at least working knowledge of.

In no way was I trying to protray the palestinians as innocent, I don't think either saide is in this case. If it came across otherwise, my appologies.

But you made one comment I have to take issue with. Saying that Israel only began open hostilities "recently" is rather misleading. The Isreali state has existed for less then seventy years now. Yet even as early as the 1970's they were seizing land in the West Bank and Gaza, doubling the size of their country in less then a decade. While I don't support the use of violence in most cases, if someone walks into your house, puts a gun to your head and says, "Get the fuck out", what are you going to do?

I think the Israeli's have every right to defend the land they were GIVEN, as a GIFT, but in no way do they have the right to take land away from others. Especially when their country was established in the middle of a group of people they hated and that hated them.

We could go on pointing fingers endlessly, in every direction, until we've fingered every last man woman and child as a guilty party. Odds are they probably are anyway.

sorry, i can't help myself anymore. agreed the israeli settlement policy is and was a bad idea. but most of the territory in dispute was put under israeli control not through arbitrary land grabs, but as results of wars initiated by arab countries. that's how the israelis ended up with the golan heights, and until they did a 'land for peace' bit with the egyptians, a huge chunk of the sinai desert as well.

i raised my objection mostly because its not so simple to say israelis bad / palestinians good. the general palestinian population would be fine with side by side peace. the problem is the militants, terrorists and arafat's leadership whose goal has been the elimination of israel altogether. they just use the freedom fighter bit for good PR. the number of actual innocents killed on each side is probably equal at this point, even though the overall numbers favor the israelis.

as for the briz-bane cat, i'm not sure what your getting at other than bashing america with some tired anti-american sentiments. your comment does not address what you quoted from me. as for saying shit like 'you only give help if it is in your best interest'...well i don't know what planet your from, but i don't condone giving to causes and projects that you don't agree with....for example, i personally don't give to militant islamic charities...i give to charities and causes whose agendas go in the same direction as my own. so is that morally wrong?

"there are many days in the year that many inncoent civilians around the world died, so why should september 11 be any different because they were americans."

-as for this comment...read back at the begining we covered this one already. and if you did read and are saying this still...well you just don't know. you are not american, so you don't have to care if you are that callous. but for us americans, if we want to commemorate our fellow citizens, parents, children, siblings, husbands, wives, and friends who were murdered, then we can; and we don't need to hear shit from you about it.

Archived