Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
charles_bronson

emo.

Originally posted by freddy kreuger:

i always thought all music had emotion put into it?

well, mabey not that techno crap.

yeah techno is crap... but, all music has emotion... maybe not all... not that gangster rap stuff "some foo capped my homie so i slapped a bitch and drank a forty"... well nevermind that does have emotion. he had to get it out by slapping his bitch.

------------------

Webster

What's wrong? I don't Bite.

yo i think alot of emo is great..bright eyes are amazing as dosoner said, if you consider them emo...i like alot of oldies and acoustic stuff which would probably be labeled emo...simon and garfunkel are teh shit.

emo is gay,, emo bitches on the other hand, are hotstuff,, emo is almost as bad as straight edge,, preteneding your gay is just plain gay, keep up the gay work so i can still your bitches

the thing is, what the fuck is "emo?" Thats a name for high school scenesters. The music is rock n roll, not emo. Thats a label made up by some magazine somewhere. Quit writing 'zines and shit and just listen to music. Also, a lot "emo" kids are assholes. They are so elitist, and if you aren't wearing their clothes then you must suck and are not worthy to listen to "their" music. Well fuck them too. I'm friends with a lot of people that made that scene what it is and they're cool with me, even though I'm mostly a hip hop head. I like good music. Thats all it is. Anything labelled "emo" is probably not "emo". If a title must be assigned its probably indie rock, even though that term is hugely broad and covers all kinds of genres of music. If you ask anyone who has an "emo" band, they will look at you funny and wonder what the hell emo is. The Get Up Kids don't consider themselves emo, by the way. Neither do most bands. rainer maria, ethel meserve (not still together,but still great), low, the anniversary, Ida, whatever, they don't consider themselves "emo". Get off that word, it should be thrown away or burned or something.

Originally posted by jerry only:

HEY RAELS YOU SHOULD QUIT YOUR DAY JOB AND TAKE UP STAND UP COMEDY....[sARCASM]

...stand up comedy IS my day job.

Originally posted by Raels:

if your refering to respect for work put in ....your right....your career IS hands down a laugh fest....

[This message has been edited by jerry only (edited 05-29-2001).]

the term "emo" is bullshit..anyone who claims to be "emo" is just a stupid fucking scenster who cuffs hisorher pants...

its just like those fools who x up at shows...i dont care that you dont do drugs...im happy for you, st8 edge is great but if you think it has anything to do with an X or a t-shirt you have no idea whats going on.

love jedi

this is the most entertaining thread yet. shit, i am getting a new car tomorrow. a pick up truck. oh yeah, about emo...ummmm yeah, emo is whatever. emo, its impossible to define i guess, its a lame term but while i feel like i am re-writing my bio on makeoutclub.com i will list my 10 favorite emo bands of all time...hmmmmm: hellbender, you and i, cursive, joy division (the first emo band haha),neutral milk hotel, bright eyes, split lip,in/humanity (oh excuse me, they are "emo violence"), modest mouse, and errrrrrr...ummmm...i cant think of a 10th one...oh how about the van pelt? yeah, i liked them a lot. i am boreddddddddddddddddddddddddd.

gimme 95 back gimme the beginnings of so called emo gimme sensefield into another endpoint outspoken temperance (yes i am from ri) early lifetime engine kid oh god gimme post hard core.

but now that ninety four is over give me cry babies with acoustic guitars.... ryan adams frankie sparo elliot smith

even tho he doesnt have an acoustic guitar stephen patrick morrissey is my dream dad

Originally posted by Raels:

if your refering to respect for work put in ....your right....your career IS hands down a laugh fest....

oofhah

....your career IS hands down a laugh fest....

I know you are but what am I?

emo is cool or not because im not emo which means i really am but if i think im not but same i dont think i am to make myself cooler than im not really... thats the proplem with emo the musics good the politics suck. i used to be an emo kid then i learnt how to harnise the sadness into graffiti use the forks homer.

portrats of past.

in/humanity...emo violence!

mohinder.

city of caterpillar.

indian summer.

john henry west.

heroin.

pg. 99.

gasp.

rites og spring

i,robot.

mile marker.

yaphett kotto.

Guest spec

I'm not a fan of emo :yuck:, just like some people aren't a fan of hardcore or industrial. Some melodic hardcore, like boy's night out which is kinda emoish is alright...

and the emo style is just funny, like super tight pants etc. No offence if you're into that

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this