a night at the emergency room

Lush

So I was having a huge fucking fight and my father was threatening to beat the shit out of me and I was looking for bus change in my (glass) money jar so i could get the hell out of my house. I couldn't find any so I slammed the fucking thing down really hard and it kinda shattered and cut my hand to ribbons.

I had to go to the emergency and wait forever untill I could see a doctor, meanwhile I ended up bleading all over my favorite pants. I don't know about you guys but this is the first time I've injured myself badly and it fucking sucks. I guess I was lucky not to have cut any tendons or nerves or anything. It's fucking impossible to do shit for myself, and typing takes forever with one hand. The freezing is coming out and it hurts. Anyone have any good injury stories to make me feel like less of a moron?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i once got worked by this wave when i was boogie boarding a few years ago...i actualyl thought i broke my back, i crawled out of teh water and couldnt talk they had to cut of my rash gaurd and rush me to teh hospital. it turned out thati had actually just bruised my kidneys, within 1 day i was back in the water. crazy shit, a super close call.

Guest JSUN

skateboarding takes its toll on my body.

my last major injury was pretty interesting.

i did an ollie over this milk cart to a manual.. but the 2nd time i did it the board didn't land into a manual properly. instead the board popped right into my face. the boards tail went straight like a knife into my lip and through to my gums. luckily it didn't take out any or kill any teeth, but i had to get 4 stitches. i don't know if this is a blessing or a curse, but my board's tail was razor sharp so it didn't leave a chunky cut. it was a pretty clean one. i never saw so much blood in my life.

damn thats some ill ish. Once when i was pretty little, my brother and a friend were riding our bikes. we used to look for jumps and stuff all the time and we found this parking lot with a little grass hill that led into the curb so you could get pretty fast and jump off the curb. I wanted to get some air so I pulled up real hard and I got a lot of air but also did half a back flip. I landed on my back and skidded for like 15 feet and couldn't move. I was just making this aahhhh sound cause I couldn't breathe or talk or anything. then I got up and walked back to the grass hill where I passed out. When i woke up I walked my bike like two miles back to my house and lay down on my mom's couch. she freaked out cause I had torn all the skin off my back and I bled all over the couch.

emergency rooms suck.. last time I was in one it was cause I messed up my back. I couldnt move or sit down so I was standing there for about 3 hours. This one dude came in with his hand held in a jug of water......he had burned it really bad and he was freaking out... He pissed his pants and everything... it was severe.... and the assholes at the hospital made him go to another one cause they were too busy.................

------------------

mesthree13.hug.

i spilt hot soup on myself when i was a small child, 3rd degree burns on my chest and arm, fell of a car last summer and i had to get my arm and knee stitched up, my hip was all ripped up. when i was 14 this crazy indian hit me in the face with a tent pole(you know them old metal ones) he just missed my eye by no more than 1 cm,had to get like 30 stitches, fractured the bone there. me and my cousin beat the shit outta him, i was so inraged, my blood was all over him after...asshole, we were just walking down the street when this guy who's around 25 comes upto us and starts talking shit(with tent pole in hand), and my cousin who was like 19 told him to fuck off and then he just friggan smokes me in the face. it hurt. but i got my revenge. and once i had to get stitches with no freezing http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//confused.gif'> well that's about all the bad injuries i've gotten

yeah after the doctor looked at my hand he sent me down the hall to get x-rays to make sure there wasn't any glass in it and the freezing started coming out a bit (there were 3 of us down there with hand injuries. one kid actually shot an air gun nail through his hand. He took it pretty well.) Anyway, when the doc was stitching my palm up I was cringing and he had to freeze my hand three more times because it wasn't freezing properly. After that it was all good because I couldn't feel my hand at all

while skateboarding i went to 5-0 a ledge, the only problem was the ledge was a wee bit wet making it insanely slippery, anyhow i ollied up, landed back ,looped out then fell the 2 feet straight back onto my arm. after i landed on my arm straight up and down all i felt was it fold and me slide like 5 feet. a minute later i got up and was screaming and my arm was "silver spooned" in other words between my elbow and wrist was sticking straight down and the bone was sticking out on one side and it was twisted, then i got to ride in the ambulance. Another time when i was 8 i cut the end of my thumb off with a wood chisel, they reattached it though. i have broken 13 bones total on my body. it sucks.

Originally posted by JSUN:

skateboarding takes its toll on my body.

my last major injury was pretty interesting.

i did an ollie over this milk cart to a manual.. but the 2nd time i did it the board didn't land into a manual properly. instead the board popped right into my face. the boards tail went straight like a knife into my lip and through to my gums. luckily it didn't take out any or kill any teeth, but i had to get 4 stitches. i don't know if this is a blessing or a curse, but my board's tail was razor sharp so it didn't leave a chunky cut. it was a pretty clean one. i never saw so much blood in my life.

the same injury happend to this kid on real TV, he was trying to do this rail on a flight of stairs and he just stomped his board directly in his face, leaving his bottom lip hanging off..

when i was two i shattered my leg in 4 spots. two weeks ago i broke my ring finger skateboarding. about a year ago i was bombing a hill and lost it and skinned my elbows down to the bone. sick shit. worse thing was that i ripped my the knees out of my pants... i can't afford to buy new pants when i gotta buy paint.

------------------

Jesk

Whats Wrong? I don't bite.

Once when I was skateboarding, I was kickflipping 6 stairs, and I landed it on the tail of my board. My head fell back and hit the stairs. I was knocked out for about 3 mins. When I woke up and started vomiting. It sucked!

i got stabbed in the arm with a butterknife by my little brother, it seems dumb but it penetrated 2.5 inches in to my arm... strong kid, that hurt like fuck. one time i saw i guy get a pencil kicked into his ear...i wont tell you where i saw that, but he survived.

i fuckin broke my leg last year skating my foot rotated 360 degrees (sp?) man it sucked but like i wanted to walk to the car but they made me sit on the curb then i had to wait in triage for like 3 hours it sucked...i still skate though

Guest eliptik

i was balancing on a chain link fence, when i slipped and impaled myself on the post. all you gay guys woulda been in heavin

I was holding onto my car(my friend was driving)while on my skateboard going a little over 30mph. We went around a turn and I lost it. I smashed down on the left side of my body. I was bleeding all over the ground. My friend (who was only 15 at the time) drove me to the ER. I got stitches in my chin, and got a tetinis shot. My left hand was torn through almost to the bone. I guess after I fell my friends bought me my hat and asked them what it was. It sucked because my friends came running up to see what happened and just stopped in their tracks. It scared the crap out of me cause I didn't know how bad it was. All I knew is that I was bleeding all over the place. I still have a bump on my head from the fall. Also once I was being a dumbass hanging from my feet from a basketball hoop and fell on my back, straight down like nine feet. No hospital visit was necessary though.

------------------

<- - - -(")- -(")owoop

fell and popped my wrist skating..That put me through some shock..I actually just walked to the hospital..I still owe them money.

Right before my stop on the bus..The bus slid into a car and threw a bunch of us passengers around..This was a few years ago..I was sitting in the very back kind of relaxed on the bench..When the bus went crazy I flew down the isle..Hit my ass and shattered my tail bone..That was literally one of the worst pain experiances ever.. Everybody was all screaming law suits..I just laid in the middle of the upper isle..

ha! hten two weeks later I was pushed down the stairs..hit the same ticket..went down on my back..

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by JSUN:

how did u land from the three stories?? on your feet?? did u break any bones??

You should've seen how he walked, or rather hobbled, for a few months afterwards. It was truly sad, such a great man, humbled by gravity.

As for me, the one closest to mind was this past summer, when I let my best friend perform a jiu jitsu chokehold on my neck while we were both drunk as shit on insane amounts of illegal home brewed puertorrican rum (so hardcore was the drink, it was stored in a Clorox bottle and had year-old pieces of pork floating around in it). The resukt, me passing out and he thinking I was ok, at which point I plummeted headfirst into quite a jagged and pointy floor. My forehead hit first, opening a crater larger than a bullet wound and with "cracked glass" tears on my forehead. Then my teeth hit, and I chipped the fuck out of my bottom front teeth, and then I cut my tongue with the sharp edges. The best thing? I was so drunk and passed out when I hit the floor, I never felt a goddamn thing. It took over 50 stitches to seal up what the doctor called "a spider-like wound minus the body of the spider", and to make up for the fact that I lost a peanut-sized piece of forehead muscle somewhere on the floor. I assume my dog found it before my friends did. The scar is doing well, the surgeon did a hell of a job. You would never beleve it took any more than 5 stitches. But literally, it was a huge lump of black stitch crap on my head for two weeks.

But I still look sexy. Beer,

El Mamerro

http://www.seanbaby.com/news/images/cart.jpg'>

(above) Two Congress fans pose in what they call "LaserCart," the same type of vehicle used by Congress to deliver important messages and packages. My message, sadly, was delivered via email, a delivery device that cannot cannot drive through a solid concrete wall or fire rockets.

------------------

$$$666MAKROS666$$$

ack

- OD'ed once ended up in the ER

- 2 yrs ago threw myself off the "Wu-tang" jump in the snowboarding park in Breckenridge CO and tore the tendon off my elbow and broke some bones. had it sewed back on. lost my "tetas of steel" attitude and still find it hard to go big. but i have this cool OG scar on my elbow now.

when i was 13 i got hit by a car... it twisted my ankle around backwards, as soon as i hit the ground i knew it was broken, cuz the broken bone sticking out of my leg jammed into the pavement. I got taken to the hospital, and i had to wait 3 hours for surgery, they gave me some morephine(sp!) and a temporary cast... let me tell u the pain killers did nothing.. i could feel my bone pressing against the cast.. i was in so much pain, when the doctor came and lifted my let i took a swing at him.

Archived