Big Bang and String Theory

mental invalid

Guest bumdigger

i posted this in the "good books" thread. i have a copy of stephen hawking's book. a brief history of time on file. if you guys want it to read just shoot me an email addy. it's only like 1.5 megs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ASER1NE

YOU SHOULD REALLY READ " THE CELESTINE PROPHECY " AND ITS SEQUAL(s) , ITS FICTION , HOWEVER IT REALLY REALLY MADE ME THINK OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE IN A WHOLE DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE.

My girlfriend actually has that book and was telling me to read it also, funny you should mention...

Originally posted by ASER1NE

i say we just say fuck it to all experimentaltion / evolutionary movements and wait for aliens to come and tell us the answers...

okay now seriously this topic is right up my alley , and i took both physics 11/12 and read a few books , so i am plenty intelligent enough to comprehende it.....however...

"Gravity operates in relationship to size and distance. It's weaker at greater distances and for smaller masses. "

isnt gravity a constant force that acts equally on all things , at like -9.8m/s2 ..........?

second, i often think that gravity isnt a downward force ( a pull )

but rather a push , while i agree that under this theory all the planets would have come apart and be floating around space , however i saw this old guy on tv who invented a number of simple magnetic and centrfical force experiments that made alot of sense

my .O2

on earth, gravity exerts a downward force of 9.8 m/s^(2). this isn't true in space though. in space it does depend on size and mass. the sun has greater gravitational pull on objects than the earth. but if you're closer to the earth than the sun, then the smaller distance overcomes the mass of the sun and you're pulled toward the earth.

Originally posted by mental invalid

"funny you should mention..."

read it and youll understand really why its so funny that he mentions it....interesting philosphies...

hahaha , obviously you've read it , i just noticed that irony , good book though............EVERYONE GO READ IT

Archived