Trains outside Us.

restless

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by se_FOUR

I remeber when I went to New York, I couldn`t get a beer cos you got to have ID and can`t smoke a spliff on the street, you can`t even carry a can of beer down the street cos it`s gotta be in bag, surely you have worse things to worry about than this..

I used to buy beer for the old man when I was 10-and recently ive seen young kids buy beer w/o id. I walked down W8th street just last year burning a spliff-middle of the day. but hey maybe i just got lucky.

but i think generally european society is a lot more tolerant of things like open containers, spliffs and graffiti-even though penalties IF you get caught may be just as stiff. I think europe dosent have as much of a control complex, if you will, as america does, and for that i am envious.

Originally posted by ZedIsDed

-clueless in the UK

yeah whatever sunshine, u ever been to the uk?

i never said you could get away with it, but if you wanted to you could get a subway car to run. just paint them all! (it was intended as a joke)

:D

I used to buy beer for the old man when I was 10-and recently ive seen young kids buy beer w/o id. I walked down W8th street just last year burning a spliff-middle of the day. but hey maybe i just got lucky.

but i think generally european society is a lot more tolerant of things like open containers, spliffs and graffiti-even though penalties IF you get caught may be just as stiff. I think europe dosent have as much of a control complex, if you will, as america does, and for that i am envious.

Hey Zed, yeah kinda caught us in mid argument, which ended up all good, cos i`m gonna hook up with Glass-Etch when I`m over in the States next year..Funny how some arguments turn out..safe.

Originally posted by datum

but having said that, saying that the subaway cars will naver run is a bit of a cop out, they would have to if you painted enough of them...

the clueless in the UK statement was in response to this.

but oh yeah it was a joke:lol:

yeah whatever sunshine, u ever been to the uk?

never. ever painted all the rapid transit/commuter/passenger trains in the us?

i never said you could get away with it, but if you wanted to you could get a subway car to run. just paint them all! (it was intended as a joke)

:D

i think its understood that trains would run with graffiti on them in the US. but run 1 maybe 2 trips. what would be the point other than saying i did it once Its not very difficult to get to passenger trians here to paint them, but risking for just a photo of a sloppy quik piece, to me personally is not worth it. i like to see graffiti in real life, not in fliks on the internet. see i personally feel that if it aint gonna run than its not worth it.

even if dozens of writers accross america were to simutaniously attack transit systems in various cities, laying waste to everything in their path. painting every car in the system. yeah we wuld enjoy seeing graffiti run on trains for maybe 1 2 weeks. but after that everything would be hot, trains , walls, freights, legal walls - the internet.

ive long since been over argueing about this but i will do what i can to help the euros understand why it is not as logical as it may look from the outside.

Re: usa vs europe

Originally posted by amaze

i havent hit many usa cities trains, I have painted more in europe but I must say this. The ones in the states have always been easier...

They're all easy when you just show up in a city and have someone take you to the yard, tell you the deal, then hold your hand to the car.

Out of those trains, how many yards did you find on your own? How much time did you spend sitting in the bushes, scoping things out?

Right.

and just for the record, i got a lot of respect for writers that hit transit and get gritty in the layups. thats crazy. im looking forward to the oppurtunity whenever it presents itself.

Freeways though, shit is the same kinna. you do a peice on a heaven, your painting metal about the size of a panel. instead of being hot in a layup, your being hot 15 feet up in the air over traffic that speeds by under you. driving by freeway shots is tight to, cause you can drive by over and over and over. and know when traffic hits motherfuckers are driving by hella slow peeping your shit.

much respect to all involved in this discussion.

i think its understood that trains would run with graffiti on them in the US. but run 1 maybe 2 trips. what would be the point other than saying i did it once Its not very difficult to get to passenger trians here to paint them, but risking for just a photo of a sloppy quik piece, to me personally is not worth it. i like to see graffiti in real life, not in fliks on the internet. see i personally feel that if it aint gonna run than its not worth it.

even if dozens of writers accross america were to simutaniously attack transit systems in various cities, laying waste to everything in their path. painting every car in the system. yeah we wuld enjoy seeing graffiti run on trains for maybe 1 2 weeks. but after that everything would be hot, trains , walls, freights, legal walls - the internet.

ive long since been over argueing about this but i will do what i can to help the euros understand why it is not as logical as it may look from the outside.

yeah, i wouldnt want to bring that much heat! i was just playin, tryin to get a reaction...:dazed:

its a shame the train scene isnt as big and as easy as it was over there, seems like a big part of the graffiti world kinda died when the mta started the clean train policy.

i dont know much about the US scene though, just what ive herad and checked out for myself.;)

this is just an observation,

ive been travelling around a bit, and ive seen some la guys whove gotten ups in europe, fishe lts, to be exact, andi was expecting an la guy to tear the hell out of the place, but all ive seen fro this guy were postal strickers. i mean isnt lts supposed to be some hardcore bombing crew? i was actually looking forward for some la guys to tear this place up, id love to see la graff on the walls and trains here, show the euros that north americans arent as soft as they think. too bad.but maybe he did more than ive seen.

Originally posted by T.T Boy

yeah i know, i shouldnt really justify a whole crew on that.... im just some no name anyways

fuck the europeans and you dumb ass americans, us Aussies paint transit everyday, you should come here if you wanna get dirty in the yards, check out the Melbourne Thread too.

Originally posted by Dipher

fuck the europeans and you dumb ass americans, us Aussies paint transit everyday, you should come here if you wanna get dirty in the yards, check out the Melbourne Thread too.

Firstly your a country of Europeans, and secondly who gives a fuck about painting Aussie steel, theres no point..

Originally posted by Dipher

oh great another one of you asshole aussies.

sefour please email me, i have a favour to ask of you. maybe you can help.

I havent read everything but i can just say that its hard to paint subways, commuters and other trains in sweden and one panel is like 5000dollars. And if you're not an experienced writer or dont have experienced friends you dont get to paint trains because you get yo ass kicked if you do it at somebodys yard without permission of that person or crew.

Ex. A very good writer from sweden called rizla went to denmark to paint the subway in copenhagen. He did. And for that Moa crew crushed his hand. Nice? No. So you cant say that europe is easy...

Besides, european style is more developed than american style. There are just a few that has cool styles in the u.s, and thats cope and a few others.

Besides, european style is more developed than american style. There are just a few that has cool styles in the u.s, and thats cope and a few others. [/b]You dont have a clue man, its writers like you that give europe such a bad name in the us.

Besides, european style is more developed than american style. There are just a few that has cool styles in the u.s, and thats cope and a few others. [/b]

idont think you know whats up, do you, also all these kids from every fucking country saying we paint transit blah blah blah, well in american weve been ther done that, see how easy itll be to paint transit in 5 years, and without the us graff wouldnt exist, just remember yall bite us

Originally posted by schick1

Besides, european style is more developed than american style. There are just a few that has cool styles in the u.s, and thats cope and a few others.

idont think you know whats up, do you, also all these kids from every fucking country saying we paint transit blah blah blah, well in american weve been ther done that, see how easy itll be to paint transit in 5 years, and without the us graff wouldnt exist, just remember yall bite us [/b][/b]

The point is it`s not easy to paint subways here anyway, theres not one country in Europe and the U.S as well which has as much security as the London Tube yards do..Check it, movement sensors, infered trips, some of the fences have movement sensors, cameras, and the obvious security guards .. This we know chap "AMERICA INVENTED GRAFFITI" we take our hats off to you..thank you..

Archived