ZENYTH.ASP

Guest cocaine mustache

mike ladd

sonic sum

cannibal ox

anything el-p touches

anti-pop consituium (sp?)

addeem is also good

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man fuck that undeground emcees is the only emcees with skill. i dont consider bragging about your money and cars skills. but i dont listen to underground or commercial i listen to hip hop, fuck rap!

talib kweli

non prophets

jedi mind tricks

7l and esoteric

dilated

swollen members

smut peddlers

defari

anything likwit

grave diggaz

del

king just(he was who gave the wu the idea to rap)

etc.........

Originally posted by SCOTCH WHISKEO:

...it's MF you silly...

Thats my word.

A few other hip hop acts worth looking at..

Yeshua/Siah

Legends

Grimm

KMD

Anti-pop

Louis Logic

Scienz of Life

Natural Elements

Freestyle Fellowship/Aceyalone

Juice

J-Zone

J-live

Breez

Lif

Old Brooklyn Ac shit (what happened to these cats?)

89.9 CMfamalam

..just a few of hundreds out there

[This message has been edited by Raels (edited 05-19-2001).]

i agree with brown twinkie.

prince among thieves.. hot soup for days.

and to think.. you that shit carmen on MTV.. which sucked ass.. when it couldve been a prince paul production....man oh man.

pumpkinhead's old shit kicked ass.. daily bread.. was damn hot.

well in terms of brooklny academy

id have to say Atoms Family is one of my favorite groups right now.

the plague.. like what.!!!

..cannibal ox..

MF DOOM.. ..for sure.. some of the best shit out in the past few years.

..hmm ill have to marinate on this topic.. it comes up everyonce and a while.. good topic.

yes yes bare ski.

dynamic.. man that beat would get me soo hyped.

but ol stretch and bob tapes are great. youre right all that you mentioned is correct.

aceyalone is still one of my all time favorite mc's.. him and ab rude.. just straight rock.

ahh.sigh. love.. what a weird thing it tis tis tis.

Originally posted by Bare:

Remember Pumpkinhead with the Dynamic crew with the Dynamic remix? that beat was incredible.... old stretch and bob tapes...

Now you're speakin my language. That must have been before pumpkinhead found his big brother's Rambo collection. He was fresh back then.

Mass influence - way too slept on.

Guest Bare

Yeah man, then there was the cloud kickers song with Pumpkinhead, J-Treds and Yeshua da poed. That beat was incredible and with "And so kiddies" on the b-side! jeez. Pumpkinhead fell off I think, I guess thats what you were getting at Raels. I always liked that song "Metaphysics" by Scienz of Life, with "2000 and what to expect" on the flip side. I have no idea whats going on with underground stuff now, I sort of stopped last year at this time because I became disenchanted by all the kids who front on how intellectual they are, their "philosiphies" and how they're rhyming for god and not meaning a word of it, thats just weak. I also am not a firm believer in hip hop culture, but Nabo Rock was write when he said that all the emcees claiming how "hip hop" they are can't dj or name one graf artist (the line escapes me, something about "acting hardest...") . I still get amped off of lines like "you lack the minerals and vitamins, irons and the niacin..." and music that isn't hip hop.

Guest Bare

Remember Pumpkinhead with the Dynamic crew with the Dynamic remix? that beat was incredible. Frickin cabfare by souls of mishcief, get that if you can. Three Men in a Bar by Sole is still a favorite. Nothing real recent, but Bob's right, MF Doom. The remixes and new stuff with MF Grimm too. Not Cannibal Ox, but the new company flow, old stretch and bob tapes...Juvenile Techniques by Company Flow!

• 1 year later...

ok i don't wanna start a new thread for this question so here goes. what is the difference between Hip Hop and Rap? i've been told that rap is something you do, hip hop is something you are. maybe some of you hip hop heads could break down KRSone's quote so i know the difference between hip hop and rap. peace.

Godfather Don

Percee-P

Laster

Apathy

Checkmark

King Just

I-N-I(Rob O)

Original Flavor(who put Jay-Z on)

Prime

The Pacifics

All Natural

NO I.D. and Dug Inf.

Mad One

Volume 10

old Def Jef

old Urban Thermal Dymanics(guess who)

Scientifik(rip)-Criminal

Lord Finesse(yes you may remix '92-also Funky Techician-'89)

Mystic Journeymen(Children of the Night)-T.A.M.I.K.A.

Mhz

The Cenobites(Godfather Don/Kool Keith/Bobbito)

Raw Produce

Rascalz(the second album from '97)-Vancity shit.

this is a decent list go off of.........

Originally posted by REZK one

ok i don't wanna start a new thread for this question so here goes. what is the difference between Hip Hop and Rap? i've been told that rap is something you do, hip hop is something you are. maybe some of you hip hop heads could break down KRSone's quote so i know the difference between hip hop and rap. peace.

there is no difference. krs preaches too much about organizing the hip hop Kulture. (yea, it's with a "K" cause we invented it - wtf?) it's just music.

Konstant Output has some downloads @

www.allcitysounds.com

foolblown.com owes N2O some loochie.....$$$$$

just letting you up and comers trying to do your independent thing and sell your hard earned cd's vinyl and tapes know that jason langoria (sales@foolblown.com) from foolblown owes us over $500 from a bounced check dated 9/17/01. 2nd one i've gotten from him. so if you get a chance bomb his email box and let him know that he should stop ignoring our faxes and pay n8 his money.

don't even think of doing business with him or letting him sell your stuff on consignment. he is very unorganized and don't live up to his word. it's highly unlikely he'll ever pay. but if you are reading this jason, just send that money order and don't even try to reply to this post with your nonsense arguements and excuses. you've already proved that your whole business concepts are based on writing bad checks and blaming others for the insufficient funds (remember your mom got sick and other people that owe you money? that's why you can't pay N2O eventhough you sold all the product and got paid already 6 months ago.)

jason from foolblown is contributing to the reason why good indie labels go out of business and can't keep releasing records. luckily we have more game then that.

:clipped from N20 board.

WHOA!! Gettin personal. Maybe that's why I can't get on the foolblown site.

everyones heard tha first and in my opinion only tru lyracist lounge...has anyone seen a A.L. skills cd...what about benifit...the arsonists need to drop sum more shit like they first,,,,fuck gangsta-keep it intelligent---hip hop--for those who know, know theres a difference

Archived