I was walking to the subway...[Greenpeace]

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

I was walking to the subway station and i saw those 2 orange greenpeace dudes approaching me, here's the dialogue:

Green:Hi, you have a minute?

Me:Whats up?

Green:I supose you already know some things about our action

Me: yeah

Green:What do you think about it?

Me: I couldnt care less

Green: You dont care about the enviroment?

Me: I dont care about greenpeace

Green: Care to explain why?

Me: This leads to a huge convo and i have a train to catch

So what do you think about Greenpeace?

And just before you start calling me names i have to tell you that i think that

A) science is capable of fucking things up and at the same time fixing them.

B)I'm always pissed with halfassed statistics that terrorise the world

C)I still concider the possibility of Greenpeace being a payed saboter valid

and

D) That people should be more carefull with everyday things that help the enviroment than having a shitty subscription to wash their guilts away.

Ellaborate

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i pretty much agree with you're last statement tess, but it's important to get the message out before all the scientists succumb to the cumulative effect of their own folly and that of their employers, and subsequently can't reverse the damage, so, yeah, greenpeace, whatever it takes man. it's like the reverse reaction or whatever, you know, keeping things in a state of equillibrium.

Guest socrates

The only earth people I like is the ALF and ELF, I don't believe anything that they believe in but they light fires and blow things up. Greenpeace is a bunch of pusssies from east coast liberal arts colleges. EAT A STEAK CUT A TREE FUCK THE EARTH

I guess i could consider myself a hippie on the enviromental issue. Most of you guys live in big cities or areas that have boring geographical features. Where i live overpopulation and global warming are basically fucking us over. Last year we had half the average snowfall we get normally, and since snowmelt is our supply of water. Were in a huge fucking drought, all the crops are dying. we have all sorts of water restrictions e.t.c. If this shit continues its gonna be bad. Coupled with the fact that there is a big population growth and that makes even more people to use water. All the nice places around here are now covered in subdevelopments rather than mountain medows and open feilds.

any of you ever listen to david rovics? pretty good shit to listen to if you're into animal/earth liberation.

yeah, sub bum, we are getting fucke, however thats boulder bullshit media telling you its global warming. global warming is part of the earth's cycle, droughts occur naturally, and blaming it global warming is just killing the hippie argument. burn a soccer field for christ.

at the supermarked by my old school, a bunch of Greenpeace people dressed in biohazard suits came and got their point across about Kellogg's. I don't remember quite what they were doing, but it was cool. I think they were labelling them.

I, personally, think Greenpeace is really cool. And knowing that a lot of this board is young people, and seeing the responses about "fuck the earth" and all that, I get motivation to make a living making a difference.

http://www.seashepherd.org/images/seashep.gif'>

a pretty cool site that i haven't donated to, or anything, but sometimes visit to see what's going down. You wouldn't believe what this guy Captain Paul Watson has done. Mad time for sinking the entire Icelandic whaling fleet, I hear.

greenpeace are hypocrites for the most part. they do really good direct action when it comes to getting hundreds of people there but its few and far between when it happens. they tried to hire a friend of mine for their da committee of people that travel across the country for actions and when he went in to talk to them they were drinking cocacola products out of plastic bottles and stuff. its pretty funny in my opinion. not too say that i dont use plastic bottles every once and awhile by the way, its just that they act all high and mighty. there was this anti pvc action a couple years back and they showed up with this huge banner and the frame of it was made out of pvc. whatever. direct action gets the goods.

Originally posted by Weapon X

at the supermarked by my old school, a bunch of Greenpeace people dressed in biohazard suits came and got their point across about Kellogg's. I don't remember quite what they were doing, but it was cool. I think they were labelling them.

How did they get their point across if you didn't even remember what it was?

My guess is that their point was probably about the environmentally destructive quality of genetically modified food, which Kellogg's uses in ALL of it's cereals/products. Actually most soy and corn products are probably genetically modified. This technology swept its way into the agricultural industry without any legislation or regulation by the EPA or FDA (they both passed the buck off to each other).

As far as greenpeace goes, I'm not all that into it because they are too broad. It's when the whole 'non-profit' becomes too big - their mission gets a bit blurred by fundraising.

if there's one group i'm sick of, it's the fuckers who are all fuck the earth we're all gonna die. by that logic you are calling everyone out that believes in anything, and what do you believe in that's a "better way"? now just shut it junior, get a clue. until you have something worthwhile to say. . .

It is not, of course, just the lunatic fringe of Greenpeace that has been hauled before the magistrates to answer charges of criminal damage. The organisation's executive director, Peter Melchett also felt entitled to take the law into his own hands by helping to destroy GM maize on a farm in Norfolk, and was forced to delay a foreign holiday as a result until bail was agreed.

.......... :rolleyes: Fucking hippies......

Archived