Burbon Appreciation Thread

Guest --zeSto--

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by Weapon X

i have been living a drunken lie, complete with blurred visions.

I think that should be my new signature!

Guest Jive Turkey

Ok guys, help me out here... I've heard good things about Makers Mark, and want to try it, but it seems that most times I drink any kind of whiskey I wind up punchin somebody. do the effects vary by brand, or should I just avoid whiskey entirely. note: most of my experience has been with JD

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by Weapon X

by the way, after this message has been submitted, i am officially the world's biggest hypocrite.

how so ?

Originally posted by Jive Turkey

note: most of my experience has been with JD

well who WOULDN'T want to punch someone after drinking a bunch of that crap!

I think behavior varies with brand to an extent... also with a really decent whiskey you don't need to drink that much at all, it's like swag vs. dank...

Guest --zeSto--

^ ding ding

Every kind of booze has a particular drunk to it.

Beer is generaly lethargic, most strong spirits can affect you in totally different ways.

For some reason I find that vodka makes me stoooopid,

gin is a pure 'pick-me-up',

rum is bad news for everyone around me,

scotch makes me randy and warm in the belly,

and Burbon.... ahhhhhhhhhh.

Originally posted by --zeSto--

Every kind of booze has a particular drunk to it.

yeah, yeah...no doubt.

my range:

beer: I don't know...I guess an average drunk.

vodka: evil, evil shit. for some reason this shit just makes me want to fight. my friends won't let me drink it, unless they need me in rare form. I get massive angry.

bourbon: nice, easy, mellow drunk.

Tequila: oh man, this is probably my best drunk. For some reason its just a really happy drunk. Everything's all good...always. A little bit crazy, but not stupid crazy.

But since this is the Bourbon thread...I have to reiterate....me being mellow is a good thing.

Guest Jive Turkey

thanks guys

sip it. pour a little bit in a glass and sip it.

it's like swag vs. dank

ohhhhhhhhh, I see. I think the main problem is that I grew up chuggin 40's before they got warm and playin "asshole". I never learned how to drink like an adult. I've tried, but it seems like after 3 drinks, I'm back for another one every 5 minutes. I dont know.

makes me randy and warm in the belly

shit, I'm officially a scotch drinker from this point on then.:idea:

Originally posted by Jive Turkey

ohhhhhhhhh, I see. I think the main problem is that I grew up chuggin 40's before they got warm and playin "asshole". I never learned how to drink like an adult. I've tried, but it seems like after 3 drinks, I'm back for another one every 5 minutes. I dont know.

that's what makes me sucha hypocrite. I'm a huge binge drinker if the alcohol is available often times.

Archived