same cars keep coming back

taxer

I paint severall spots but the one I do the most is a small lay up. Ive painting there for maybe for a couple years. Im starting to think my trains arent going very far because they come back so frequantly. how far can a train go in a couple of months? do you think its pointless to keep smashing the same line over and over?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest 87centHitMan

That's kinda cool, though, because then all of the local trains will be covered in your shit...And I do see a lot of the same freights rolling through here. If it's the same layup I'm thinking of, there are tons of your cars up there...Did you see the article in the university paper today? It was all about the statewide freight system. Pretty cool article.

THEY ARE IN A LOOP. EACH CAR IS RENTED OR OWNED BY A COMPANY. THEY HAVE A FLEET OF THEM, THATS WHY CARS HAVE NUMBERS. THEY GET LOADED, INTERCHANGED, UNLOADED, AND GO BACK TO BE LOADED AGAIN. SOMETIMES IT TAKES YEARS FOR THEM TO CYCLE OUT. I HAVE SEEN THE SAME TRAIN, IN THE SAME YARD, IN THE SAME SPOT THREE TIMES IN A YEAR, BUT THE EVENTUALLY GET CALLED OUT SOMEWHERE AND YOU WONT SEE THEM AGAIN... LOOK AT IT THIS WAY, EVERY TIME THE CAR IS GONE ITS SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Originally posted by sectorTVA

i believe the furthest west csx goes is saint louis....

taxer, paint those refers in that one spot....thats what i plan to start doing more often, refers travel alot further evidentally....

you are talking about csx lines right? becuse im pretty sure that csx cars make it out west , im sure ive seen csx holy rollers and coil cars make it all the way west but that might just be becuse they are leased out out or something?

csx makes it all around the country. Same as golden west, up, and other west lines make it to the east. the thing you must remember is that csx is based in the east, so most of the cars run in the east, same as the western companies, and the southern companies. when trying to get your shit circulated, try to hit the car from the farthest away. if your out west, hit csx, ns, southerns, etc... in the east hit up, bnsf, golden wests. its pretty simple.

ps. nothing beats a fridgie. golden west, up's and tropicanas roll through here regular. one spot we have has a constant supply of UP reefers.

My trains are strange... I hear about them from friends out of state within the first 2 months after I painted them, then suddenly nobody sees them anymore. Then again I'm not a big freight "head", but I still love em never the less. I hardly see CSX in the West, but I've seen tons of them in Atlanta, and from there from the word of mouth, they seem to travel through Kentucky and up to Winsconsin. I've seen Rbox and Golden West everywhere. Tropicanas are RARE beauties where I live... it's like seeing a fucking unicorn! They're pretty much non-existant out here.

Originally posted by killmyself

ps. nothing beats a fridgie. golden west, up's and tropicanas roll through here regular. one spot we have has a constant supply of UP reefers.

too true. you cant fuck with the refridgerator cars.

ive only done four i think......and lately ive been left out of the loop when theyre in the area.

Originally posted by TED NUGENT

you are talking about csx lines right? becuse im pretty sure that csx cars make it out west , im sure ive seen csx holy rollers and coil cars make it all the way west but that might just be becuse they are leased out out or something?

indeed i was talking about the lines...

Archived