Statistics on Graf Writers..

DEE38

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest R@ndomH3ro
yes

i would

my wardrobe must conform to my impulses!

So what do you wear on Fun Fridays?

yeah, i forgot

it's not like we're on a graffiti forum or anything

theres only a bazillion page thread about him

that discusses how he was killed and its horrific irony.

that's why in the graffiti world it SHOULD be common knowledge

in addition,

there are plenty of straight edge writers

kids around here don't know much about the graffiti world.

and if they want to be a part of it, i can bitch at them for their (and your) lack of knowledge on the matter

Oh yeah, I do remember him being straight edge, actually. But, anyway, knowing things about the personal life of other writers should have nothing to do with what you do. Like, if I was a baseball player, it might be important to respect an old timer and know a little about him, maybe, but it's not necessary to know if he was an alcoholic or vegetarian, or whatever.

* Like, seriously, think about it. Bitching at me for "trying to become part of the graffiti world" and not knowing a really good writer from thousands of kilometres away that passed on was a straight edge? Come on, now.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
only my favorite outfit ever!...

..diesel jeans, white studded belt, and a skin tight atari/nintendo shirt.

I knew it, this is you!!!!

EmoNADHERAimage-15238.jpg

Most writers are more egotistical than non writers

they think that graffiti is truly a culture

often times think graffiti is "their life"

They seem to believe that graffiti culture should override all others

They are overly agressive and defensive, and fail to analyze things fully before acting out in hostility

I'd say these apply to me...except when I say it's "my life" I mean it's a large part of it, in that all my close friends are down with the crew so I'm never too far away from paint, except when with the wife. And when i say it's a culture I don't mean the corny KEEPIN IT REAL FOR HIP HOP bullshit

50% of writers tend to have filthy hands (paint, ink, scum in general )

100% of writers love the "mob mentality" eg. get your crew together and you roll like your untouchable

-Are obsessed with trains, and train stations

-Constantly fighting other writers, crews

-All crews attract little gimps, younger people that will do anything you tell them to join the crew

mehh...cant be fucked thinking

50% of writers tend to have filthy hands (paint, ink, scum in general )

100% of writers love the "mob mentality" eg. get your crew together and you roll like your untouchable

-Constantly fighting other writers, crews

-All crews attract little gimps, younger people that will do anything you tell them to join the crew

mehh...cant be fucked thinking

go home man.

wrong.

Being that this state does not have a railway system, I could give a shit about a train or a train station.

I think its time to put down the video game.

well fuck I dont give a shit if you dont have a railway system, I do.

And if you did have one you would see what the writers are like.

You do know that there is a SLIGHT possiblity of writers half the world away acting diffirently than where your from?

Graffiti writers that want people to like them for being graffiti writers are usually the obnoxious' date=' overblown ego having type.[/quote']

I bet they heads you're talking about actually bomb and have rep you probably don't.

are 99 purrcent more likely to fall fatally to their death from painting on railway bridge

more likely than non-graff artists to be underappreciated in their woyk

harrassed and maligned by society - wait we are talking about the same thing right? Goth statistics?

okay here's a real one:

less likely than other artists to actually make a living, unless you consider community service hours a 9 to 5; and 5 to 10 a cushy job with room and board.

more dirtier than any of the studio arts

[edit emphasis on Goth ]

Oh yeah, I do remember him being straight edge, actually. But, anyway, knowing things about the personal life of other writers should have nothing to do with what you do. Like, if I was a baseball player, it might be important to respect an old timer and know a little about him, maybe, but it's not necessary to know if he was an alcoholic or vegetarian, or whatever.

* Like, seriously, think about it. Bitching at me for "trying to become part of the graffiti world" and not knowing a really good writer from thousands of kilometres away that passed on was a straight edge? Come on, now.

like, seriously

you take issue with my expecting some kids to learn something about the history, and if they are ignorant, i can't correct them? you insinuated yourself into that argument, so go buy a clue. it is not as though there are thousands of dead famous graffiti writers out there. expecting some 'writers' ha, to know something about them isn't insane of me.

this isn't about starting national enquirer on writers. and as you mention, in the end, you did know about that shit, you decided to forget. it is after all, kind of common knowledge.

let's review: thread started about stats, post made about writers never being straight edge, me correcting that idiotic assumption with some obvious example, you getting uppity at me for that shit and starting this.

Okay, well, I understand how it can get annoying when someone doesn't have common knowledge on something that they choose to be a part of. I get you there. What we disagree on is what common knowledge is. The reason I realize the irony of, say, Nace's situation is because I know people who knew people who were in the car, so I heard about it very soon after it happened, and it always affects you more when it's someone you know (friend of a friend, celebrity, or otherwise). Of course, I have read the thread since, but I wouldn't expect a fourteen year old to know these things.

Not every kid can afford style wars or rack magazines from the mid 90's, or even have internet access. I'm sure there are people out there who have gone entire careers without ever having met more than five writers. Plus, things change, and never more drastically than in the world of graffiti.

I'm just saying, I think it's unrealistic to expect people from all over the world to know about the personal choice of one writer; to put that knowledge up there with, say, Taki 183, or David Gunn, or whoever. I mean, I used to tell my one buddy about what I think of as important history, and he would just tell me to shut up; that he didn't care. Regardless, he is a very skilled writer. You can't expect everyone to give a fuck, but you can choose to respect those who do, is all I'm saying.

they also stay locked in darke bedrooms for multiple hours daily with no light but that of the computer screen' date=' their only companion being the jar of vaselin or ky jelly on the desktop.[/quote']

Cosigned

(is there anything really wrong with that though!?)

Archived