Statistics on Graf Writers..

DEE38

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've often heard of straightedge writers, wouldn't be surprized if there was many of them.

guess that's got something to do with all the questioning of the "norms of society" and what most people think you are supposed to be doing with your life.

Maybe this means that writers who drink, smoke etc get bad conscience for getting up

I've often heard of straightedge writers, wouldn't be surprized if there was many of them.

guess that's got something to do with all the questioning of the "norms of society" and what most people think you are supposed to be doing with your life.

Maybe this means that writers who drink, smoke etc get bad conscience for getting up

I can think of a few right off the top of my head.

i've actually been thinking about this too

heres what ive come to realize

Most writers are more egotistical than non writers

they are mostly (not all) marginally educated

most feel that the world should bend over backwards for them just because they write

they think that graffiti is truly a culture and is oppressed by "the man"

They take their shit too seriously and often times think graffiti is "their life" (because they have nothing else going for them)

They seem to believe that graffiti culture should override all others, and they dont understand how laws and the rule of law seems to function in society probably due to their marginal education

They are overly agressive and defensive, and fail to analyze things fully before acting out in hostility

There are ofcourse exceptions to everything

but thats what ive noticed

oh yeah, they almost always have drug/alcohol issues

i guess none of you have ever heard of NACE??????

fucking kids.

Why in the world would it be common knowledge that Nace was 'straightedge'? All I know about him is what I saw in an old graff video with him and Rime painting gigantic pieces and talking about the evils of capitalism or something.

95% of "egotistical writers" that I've met have been toys/wack/don't bomb/lecture other toys about their wildstyle and hip hop and paint the same chill yards over and over again and cry when other people start painting them.

99% of writers that I'm friends with are cool as fuck, real and down to earth, and fun to get drunk with. Except the 1% of my friends that don't drink. They suck.

Why in the world would it be common knowledge that Nace was 'straightedge'? All I know about him is what I saw in an old graff video with him and Rime painting gigantic pieces and talking about the evils of capitalism or something.

yeah, i forgot

it's not like we're on a graffiti forum or anything

theres only a bazillion page thread about him

that discusses how he was killed and its horrific irony.

that's why in the graffiti world it SHOULD be common knowledge

in addition,

there are plenty of straight edge writers

kids around here don't know much about the graffiti world.

and if they want to be a part of it, i can bitch at them for their (and your) lack of knowledge on the matter

Archived