RISK in the yard...

Graffiti Doc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

The yards where I live aren't hot at all. Most of the writers that go there I know on an acquaintance or friend basis. However street bombing is pretty hot around my area, but only with cops. There's some legal wall that I go to every now and then that's kind of a distance from where I live (around 30 minute drive) and kids get robbed there sometimes, so I just bring a hammer with me just in case someone tries to rob me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bums talk to me alot in my yard. most are really cool, mainly they are just annoying when you are trying to paint. but i was at a yard in another town painting for the first time, it was pretty chill but when i went back to get the flicks two dogs ran up on me and one bit me. i had my bike with me so i put it between me and the dog and after about 5 minutes it went away. but theres something about freights. whether its more dangerous or not, its worth it.

• 1 year later...

i never carry a knife i almost got locked up for carrying one when i got nabed by the VS, here in australia im pretty sure most yards are chill because most writers paint the train lines or walls, painting in yards is really dangerous because a train could come flying thourgh any time, or up the other end they could be humping the cars etc, i've never ran into security before but i've seen some track workers there because theres a passenger train station on the other side of the yard, i've never heard or read about a writer getting done for freight trains in my city.

i carry a knife on me most of the time or some kind of blunt object like this metal handle thing i found once in the trash that works like a club.where im at currently i dont have to worrt about gangs or anything.maybe the occasional tweeker or two but i used to live in houston and it was alot mor dangerous at night especially in the yards.lots of gangs and shit in the area and the workers werent that nice either.tbh ive never had problems with the homeless ever.theyve always been really cool.most are completely crazy tho but most of the time they just want to talk they dont get alot of attention i assume.but i always think you should bring some kind of protection if you feel its necessary.its up to you want you want to bring tho.some fools bring guns some just bring a blade or something.whatever your comfortable with.but luckily for me my spot is mega chill and i never have problems there...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
shall i give you toys and "writers" a little tip?

ALWAYS have lighter in your other hand.

so you can light your spray paint on fire, and use it as a flame thrower.

I usually pick up rusted railroad spikes that have already fallen out. Them bitches HURT when they get thrown full strength at your head. I usually just talk to bums that roll up on me, only when they're drunk and violent is when you need to watch your 6.

yeah fuck bums, they normally dont say or care at all.. sometimes even watch for the 5-0 but ive had a few that do give problems..

i havnt been rolled up on in a yard yet thou..

what do you think about tasers? i have the thought that.. to catch me you need to grab me, if you can grab me then i can tase you.. and its not a gun which makes me feel way safer

Archived