RISK in the yard...

Graffiti Doc

When I got into painting fr8s, I saw it as an opportunity to improve my skills because lay-ups and yards were supposed to be chill. I met the right people and went to enough yards but my past experiences have been pretty bad...

On time we were at this cutty lay-up and we saw all these bags and sacks of stuff on the ground. We opened one and found out that it was a bag filled with boxes of paper.We realized it must have come off the FR8. Then we started doing this FR8 and 2 dudes jumped out at us with sticks and we had to run. I think they were breaking into trains and racking shit.

Another time We were doing this FR8 in a big yard and it was chill for about 40 min. Suddenly this guy comes from under the train with a wrench in his hand. I break left, my other friend runs in the opposite direction and my third friend actually crawled up in the guts of the train without being seen. The dude with the wrench runs after me, grabs my foot and I fall, get back up and run left out of the yard. I listened to a group of voices as I ran. Turns out there were like 6 other guys who rolled up from the left. Damn am I glad I ran to the right!

My point is this, because of these past experiences I don't ever feel as comfortable around trains as I used to. I would rather do street bombing, I feel its much much safer than some yards. Do you carry weapons and if so what? Does anyone else feel like this?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in my area

the streets are much worse than the yards..

one of the train spots recently got a little heated when a fucking serial killer started dumping the bodies of prostitutes nearby the yard..

needless to say, out-of-the-way parking near there became incredibly stupid..not to mention a little dangerous..

i paint at a big variety of spots..i've tried to stick with what i consider to be the best yard...high turnover, nice cars, not too dangerous, off the beaten path..

but of course there are the other spots that aren't so safe...etc.

i won't bring weapons with me though (most of the time) unless its pretty innocuous, like mace, because i don't wanna get caught with them..

the police care a lot more about weapons than they do about trains (around here)

Guest schick1

yeah, some spots are real skethchy, i try and stick to industrial spots where no lives, but still places like that attract undisirables for sure. once I rolled up to a spot and dudes were robbing trains and we were like "hey chill were just painting we dont care about yall" and they said cool but we decided to leave anyways just cause it seemed stupid to paint. but yeah bring mace if you feel uncumfortable, i got a small pocket knife i carry some times but shit like that will more offent hurt you more than it helps. just tell anyone thats not a woker or a bull(obvisoulsly) that your just painting and youll mind your own business if they do the same.

Are 2, what spot was that with the serial killer railbox or fort?

Anyway most of the writers i know carry mace. I use mace and a switch folder knife, but i carry that every day reguardless. I think its best to stick to yards or spots that arent highly known so in another words, far away from the core of the writers. Around here most people know the main spots in the city, so we concentrate in the boonies or yards people are to scared to go in. train yards are safer than the streets definately. you have the jump on someone in the yard unless they are actually waiting for you. just be observant. remember it is hard as shit for that person to see you at night, and the same goes the other way. people cant zone in on you from far away, it is usually only about 10 cars away with a lot of light, and as far away as 3 or so in dark conditions. and sounds generally dont travel as far as you think. next time your in there, see how far away you can actually hear your friend spraying.

but i think im gonna go back to carry my machete and 6 d cell mag lite. just incase... ;)

I very rarely write, but I spend a lot of time hanging out in hobo jungles near my favorite yard. There's a lay-up on the "other side" of the wye in the western throat of my yard that I have been told is "extremely hot." I believe it, every time I hump my gear down there to my other jungle, I find empty cans, beer cans and all manner of trash indicating graf writers have been at work.

This is way beyond stupid. The railroad bulls and the city cops work this area from time-to-time, but why would any writer leave evidence like this laying all over the place? Not too bright, is all I can figure.

Neither the cops or the bulls care if I camp in my jungles, apparently. I've been hanging out there for over two years, off and on, and have caught out from an area not too far from my jungle. Never been hassled. I got rousted one time, at Englewood Yards in north Houston, but even that time I didn't get a ticket. The bull just told me to beat it after taking down my name and Driver's License information.

So far, I've had very little problem with undesireable creeps giving me a hard time. Good thing, because I carry a street legal sheath knife and a gun all the time, and I would not hesitate to shoot an attacker, especially an armed attacker. I avoid trouble like the plague, but I will smoke anybody that jumps on me. I am a licensed Concealed Handgun License holder, and when the cops stop me, I give them both my Driver's License and my CHL, just like the law requires. Inevitably, it's a tip of the hat and "Thanks very much, Mr. KaBar. Please drive a little slower." Treat the cops with respect, and they will return the favor.

When I was younger, it was a little tougher, but the truth is that I used to break the law a lot more when I was younger. Not no more. Tresspassing and hopping trains are just about my only crimes, these days. No more smoking dope, DUI or any of that other stupid teenager shit for me any more. But, of course, when I was younger, we just felt obligated to do shit we knew was illegal, for some reason. I outgrew that stupidity about age twenty. With the exception of trainhopping, of course.

yard technic weapon

if u have to use it i use the sha------clonkkkkkkkkkk--- method heres how it goes if u have to take the can spray it in the bad guys eyes thats called the shaaaaaaa then when he cant see hit him over the head thats the clonnnnnk part get it

Guest oldfaithful

i just keep that can ready to spray...i always have a knife in my pocket, but if i have to use that then shits get pretty serious...spray and and hit is my choice

RUSTO MANS RIGHT... ALLL YOU NEED IS A LIGHTER. THATS ALL I CARRY. AS FAR AS PARKING- AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE. YOUR LICENCE PLATE WILL TELL ALL THEY NEED TO KNOW. REST ASSURED THAT IF THE TRAINS ARE GETTING BROKE INTO, THEY WILL TRY TO PRVENT IT LATER. MY YARD GOT HOT ONCE BECAUSE SOME CRACKHEADS WERE STEALING SHIT FROM A NEARBY WRECKING YARD.....

omg

the yards hear are hot as fuck theres cameras in the trains an trackeys round the freights u cant even hit tracksides. we were gunna go street bombing an i got chased by bigs an my mate got busted so me an good old ves went to hit tracksides i borrowed ves's burner chromw to get a dub cause i had to fro my bag when i got chased.i was doing the outline when a trackey shined a tourch at me an started running there was no way out so we jumped in a bush an he just walked past.5 mins later as im trying too find an un blocked monty cap a train comes past at bout 2 mph with btp shining tourches out the window. by this time im shitting bricks we get out of are bush an vesa starts to paint.then 2 trackeis start walking towards us we hid befind a track box but only me an meks could fit ves stood beside the box hiding his face an the dumb as fuck tracky walked past he was like 10 meters away. we have never been so lucky

This didnt happen to me but it was in tha news paper a while ago,

in sydney two lads were doin run ups on heaps of tha trains at a station and while they were doin a bomb and 2 dudes from outta know where grabbed em while they were bombin the train and grabbed their cans and sprayed their face and clothes

peace

Guest Graff Jesus

welcome to real life dumbass. painting trains isn't a cakewalk in a lot of places. come write in cali and hit some of the city yard spots...they're all like that.

most writers i know like to do freights cause they ride longer than a lame street shot that's gonna get smoked the next day by the buff crew. this is just how shit is. deal with it or get out of the game...or move to canada or somethin.

.....yards ain't dangerous because of bums and criminals if there's police in 'em....the poor losers are there to protect us man!!!

plus freight yards are more often attacked by people stealing shit......do passenger trains they're better!

Re: Re: RISK in the yard...

Originally posted by Graff Jesus

welcome to real life dumbass. painting trains isn't a cakewalk in a lot of places. come write in cali and hit some of the city yard spots...they're all like that.

most writers i know like to do freights cause they ride longer than a lame street shot that's gonna get smoked the next day by the buff crew. this is just how shit is. deal with it or get out of the game...or move to canada or somethin.

haha.. the canada comment is funny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived