Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dirty_habiT

teachers unappreciated#

My mom went to "meet the teacher" night at my little brother and sister's school. They're in 1st and 2nd grade. Anyway, my little brother was all excited, he told my mom, "This is the best part of my day..." And my little sister really wanted my mom to go.

So anyway, they get there, and my mom said that she almost felt ashamed. She said that every class she walked by had no more than 1 or 2 parents.

I don't know, I just think that sucks. Those teachers are doing a good thing, and it must make them feel kinda shitty when none of the parents can take some time out to thank the person that's educating their son/daughter. I mean, to me it's not even really something that would be done for the teacher, it's something you'd do for your kid.

I think back to highschool, when I used to be such a jerk to my teachers. Well, sleeping, and being a smartass and skipping class and what not wasn't too appreciative. But now that I'm out of there and I can reflect on it, they really do have stressful jobs. Not anyone can put up with a bunch of kids all day. People don't appreciate what is given to them on a silver platter alot of time.

Taking things for granted is easy. Tomorrow I want all of you to tell someone that is in your daily life, that you appreciate them, and go on to explain about how so many things are taken for granted.... That is all. I'm serious, you people should be grateful.

lets face some other factors those...alot of teachers are lazy ass bastards so jaded by bad kids that they could care less, and a bunch more never cared they only becamse teachers to get summers off..about 5% still care agter 10 years, and those 5% deserve all the respect in the world....but i think it says alot about the parents and the teachers that more parents arent showing up....

True, but think about the younger kids. The one's that aren't old enough to be lazy yet. My little brother and sister really like their teachers. And I'm sure those teachers really enjoy working with the kids. I know it's their job and they get paid for teaching.... but it's almost like nobody gives a shit if they're there or not.

Those parents probably skipped that shit so they could sit around and watch simpsons and smoke weed and shit like they do every night. They fail to realise what a hero it would make them to their kid if they'd just show some interest in what their son/daughter was up to.

yea, i was cool to my teachers till they didnt give me respect then hell broke lose, once you lose my respect you pretty much dont get it back, so i held grudges with the ones who fucked up once , and the ones who didnt were like friends to me

at least they cared. Some don't even care if their first grader is falling behind the class and needs help at home reading. That only ends up hurting the kid.

Guest sneak
Originally posted by WALE!pd

yea, i was cool to my teachers till they didnt give me respect then hell broke lose, once you lose my respect you pretty much dont get it back, so i held grudges with the ones who fucked up once , and the ones who didnt were like friends to me

thats how i am at the moment

Guest beardo

my mom is the best teacher ever, 5th grade. such a horror, you got these 10 year old kids who think their the shit.. haha. guess she has a good class this year, sharp contrast to the last few. been teaching for like 25 years.. saying she cares about it is an understatement.

word up mom!

one of my friends teaches kindergarten. he tells us all these stories about these little kids that just make me laugh my ass off. I remember being sent to the principals office twice when I was in kindergarten.

Originally posted by footsoldier

lets face some other factors those...alot of teachers are lazy ass bastards so jaded by bad kids that they could care less, and a bunch more never cared they only becamse teachers to get summers off..about 5% still care agter 10 years, and those 5% deserve all the respect in the world....but i think it says alot about the parents and the teachers that more parents arent showing up....

bullshit. theres a lot of good teachers around. most of the teachers ive had throughout my life have been cool as fuck. of course i still had some funk once in a while but for the most part they did a good job and were there because they wanted to be. people take way too much shit for granted.

Guest socrates

When I was in high school I never respected any of my teachers because I thought that they were part of the system, but looking back on it I think that I was just young and dumb, I wish I could try again sometimes...For the amount they get paid they do more work than any body else and get the least respect, i.e. when teachers go on strike becasue of low wages they always blame the teachers and the teachers union never the school district.

i wish more people could read that dirty....pops is a teacher, and it never ceases to amaze me how clueless people really are about the education system and the laziness of parents....

amen...........

Guest imported_Tesseract

Fuck feeling gratitude for things that should be granted. All jobs require people that care, still there are three jobs that need it the most:

DOCTORS

ARCHITECTS

TEACHERS

From the 3 teachers get the less money, i admire good teachers and i agree with you dirty habit, i just get totally pissed when i think of all the taxes we pay and the money teachers get

Guest beardo

haha architects? in with doctors and teachers? i sense some bias.. ;)

Guest imported_Tesseract

Think about it, those 3 proffesions affect our lifes the most, architects are responsible for making peoples surroundings miserable or pleasant, making houses that fullfill the standards of a quality life (amounts of light etc) and if you wanna take it further your very existance after an earthquake...

Guest beardo

eeehhh.. i'll give you all of that, but im still not putting architects in the same category. the others seem more pressing to me. pretty buildings are optional, peoples health and education arent.

Guest imported_Tesseract

hahaha, how can you give me all that and still use the term 'preety'

Lemme rephrase, its not a matter of 'preety' buildings and aesthetics in general, its a matter of quality of life...from feeling good to having a roof that doesnt brake on your head after an earthquake...i admit that education and health are more important in a sense.

Still, you town maybe beautifull and well fuctional but i've seen people depressed from no direct sunlight in their aps just because some stupid architect decided to block it with the next building on the line. I also seen people die in buildings that collapse with not so strong earthquakes beacause of bad structure and halfassed armor. People drowing in houses that are below surface due to floods. The amount of responsibilty an architect and a mechanic holds is very large to me.

Bottom line, check how third world defines:

Diseases

Uneducated people

Ugly and dangerous cities in the mercy of nature

Guest beardo

i admit that education and health are more important in a sense.

and ill admit that architecture is im portant in a sense.. just not as important. :cool:

maybe im the one thats biased having a teacher as a parent, although my father is in construction as well... questions for the ages

Guest --zeSto--

I think that teachers and Lawyers should trade salaries for one year.

Dont you think that the world could change in a year?

Well maybe if the Military budget went towards education for a year.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this